Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I avoid trailers as much as any other spoilers. If you like the show at this stage why wouldn't you let it play out as the show runners reveal it to you?

I think some people watch trailers et al because they like or love the show and enjoy them.

Trailers are interesting. Can be a lot of misdirection vs foreshadowing in them for sure

Apologies. I shall remove inferences.

little britain GIF

Alive. I saw the Ep 5 trailer ^
Way to ruin the cliffhanger for everyone in the thread.

Awesome episode - the show had felt largely character based for a long time, so when these big battles/scenes arrive they hit hard. And the whole dragon v dragon thing and the sizes of them was really well done, they felt real

He went further than the no shits though. He deliberately killed Aegon because it gets masked in the battle. He has plausible deniability now.

He picked up Aegon’s dagger at the end there.

Isn’t he next in line and will be king now?

Well first he let Aegon go v Rhaenys as she would likely kill him, or at the least wound him, then he can go in and finish it (as he did/tried).

Yes he's the next in line on the Green's side.

Also Ser Corleys had a son without Rhaenys? She knew as soon as she saw him on the ship.

I am going to watch again today. I am sure there is a lot I missed

The scene of Aemond's dragon camouflaged on the forest floor was awesome.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. There's obviously a special (and somewhat awkward) connection there between the two men, but Rhaenys' interaction sealed the deal.

The trees could soften the fall a little, maybe.
Might not have helped with the subsequent explosion though haha.

Awesome episode - the show had felt largely character based for a long time, so when these big battles/scenes arrive they hit hard. And the whole dragon v dragon thing and the sizes of them was really well done, they felt real

I struggle to watch scenes involving animal on animal violence. Dragons included.

Also Ser Corleys had a son without Rhaenys? She knew as soon as she saw him on the ship.

I am going to watch again today. I am sure there is a lot I missed

The scene of Aemond's dragon camouflaged on the forest floor was awesome.

She is very observant. "your mother must be beauttiful". Kid knew then she knows.

I struggle to watch scenes involving animal on animal violence. Dragons included.

She is very observant. "your mother must be beauttiful". Kid knew then she knows.
This is what sticks Fantasy out as a genre for emotional story telling, we have these anthropomorphized fighter jets with intelligence, emotions and connection to their rider that we inherently connect with more than even the human beings hidden away in suits of armour getting charred on the ground. A podcast highlighted the difference between here and the last season of Game of Thrones that went away from this, by example, not giving us Jon Snow saying goodbye to Ghost before battle. Here we have Aegon, a bastard, loser, having a gorgeous moment where Sunfyre nuzzles him like a cat and Rhaneys praying for victory by Melys with a shared look between their eyes mirrored in their last moments together. It's ****ing awesome, good old fashioned pull on the heart strings story telling.

Poor Sunfyre, supposed to be the most beautiful dragon to ever life, gashed, slashed, burnt and crushed and poor Melys. I'm sorry but it's the dragon deaths that will hurt me the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allicent is a truly wonderful character, she has all the iconography of the good princess from fables. Beautiful, gowned up, pious, living in the tall tower, mother to the king, sworn sword in shining white armour at her door. Yet she really breaks all those tropes, she's scandalous shagging her sworn sword and drinking moon tea, she is a complete failure as a mother goading her son into rash decisions and really abandoning her daughter to isolation and madness. And yet despite all these flaws and the breakdown of fairy-tale tropes, she still comes across as largely likable, we side with her attempting to be a voice of reason, albeit resigned to forces outside her control, we feel apprehension for her as manipulators like Larys Strong vie to exploit her. Really really quite wonderful.

The Aemond and Daemon mirroring is very forward, but is good simple story telling. We have two younger brothers who think themselves the better leader, better warrior and ultimately the better king. On the one hand we have Daemon who seems be actively fighting that impulse, he has all his life thought he was better suited to rule but never took the step and thinks he deserves praise for fighting back his baser instincts. In contrast, we have Aemond who snatches his opportunities when they come, acquiescing to his brothers rashness and being indifferent to whether he lives or dies to a level of slight plausible deniability all the while hoping that he will rise to king nevertheless. I guess the point is, be nicer to your brother?

Might not have helped with the subsequent explosion though haha.

Landing on a dragon would soften the fall, a bit like when Jason Bourne threw himself down a tall stairwell with the dead bad guy under him.

It would have been a big explosion but Aegon might have some fire resistant properties. We saw blood (or some other liquid?) from his dragon fall on some soldiers and it looked like it killed them. So there's that too.

I suppose we don't know 100% that Rhaenys died either. But very likely after we saw the resigned look on her face as she and her dead dragon dropped out of the sky and landed on the castle.

Landing on a dragon would soften the fall, a bit like when Jason Bourne threw himself down a tall stairwell with the dead bad guy under him.

It would have been a big explosion but Aegon might have some fire resistant properties. We saw blood (or some other liquid?) from his dragon fall on some soldiers and it looked like it killed them. So there's that too.

I suppose we don't know 100% that Rhaenys died either. But very likely after we saw the resigned look on her face as she and her dead dragon dropped out of the sky and landed on the castle.

Well spotted! yes that was crazy. i assumed the blood is like acid. Or fuel.

f945e2_888e73df23af4191aeb29fa6e504855c~mv2.jpg

Yes, they went into extra detail for her last moments, the music and the facial expressions.

As far as I remember we didn't get the same for Aegon, so I wouldn't be shocked if he somehow survived.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back