Votes: 21 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried #eco... nope
Tried gloom and pessimism (like most of this board)...nah
Now trying... let it happen (but not getting my hopes up)

Ken's signed a new contract, pointless wasting my emotional energy over it. Who knows what could happen.

#YesWeZen

I’m not scared by any of the other contenders- in their current form. Our midfield is the most unique and dynamic. Carlton and Melbourne rely on brute strength in close. Collingwood on manic pressure around the ground. Brisbane on Neale and Dunkley- both who are less than 100% right now.

However, our defence is vulnerable and bound to be found out in one of the finals. Our kicking for goal is sub standard and will cost us too. Prelim seems par from here.

This midfield is going to dominate the AFL for years. They will win us a flag at some stage, just a matter of when.

Personally I wouldn't wanna be tempting fate there, Nostradamus. We all love the feck outta our young midfield, but the future is so uncharted. There are serious injuries that could happen (I will not utter those acronyms here) ... players losing form, becoming disenchanted and/or homesick, etc etc.

Personally I'm happy to love the shit outta every game they play together and let the future take care of itself.

It's such an even year, you could throw a blanket over 12 teams.

The team that wins the flag will be the team that has its best players on the park and is the most mentally steeled come September.

If we play our best footy for 4 weeks we'll win the flag but history says the idea of us staying mentally solid enough to beat 3x top 4 sides in 4 weeks isn't going to happen. We'll get to a knockout game and shit the bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have a good chance to at least make the GF, it’s so open this year and anyone on their day can turn it on.

On one hand, all of the top 4 feel a bit off their peak form earlier in the year. Whoever brings it all together in September probably wins it, and that could be Port, although Collingwood/Melbourne are in the box seat with default home advantage.

On the other, Ken got his payday and we made finals. Job done.

The excuses of Dixon, Lycett and McKenzie all being injured late in the season are already there. So there will be no media pressure for another failure - it'll be sold as a brave successful season.

This week is huge. Looked like we are getting back to our best v GWS. Play well and beat Freo comfortably I reckon we can win it all. We'll flog Richmond and should finish 2nd if Collingwood do us a favour and beat Lions. This midfield is going to dominate the AFL for years. They will win us a flag at some stage, just a matter of when.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This midfield was dominated by Matt Crouch and Wayne Milera, 3 weeks ago. Don't get too carried away.

I had a little chuckle last night at the thought of Ken and Jonas holding up the premiership cup and that image being etched in our history….the melts on here would be nuclear level….

With the signing of Hinkley for 2 more years, top 4 locked in and no threat of losing his job, how deep do you think we go in finals this year?

IMO its aligning for another disaster like the past 11 years under Hinkley.
The "August" deadline was always an arse-pull by Koch said in a live interview that he turned into set-in-stone by digging that hole deeper every time he spoke.

It's even more concerning considering Hinkley has consistently proven to be terrible in high pressure games (even just this year Showdowns x2, Collingwood, Geelong). They know he chokes in big games/finals and still signed him up, not only for one year, but for two ****ing years! PRE FINALS!

Listening to Matthew Richardson yesterday said it all, the most uninspiring, insipid CEO I've ever heard. "Unanimous board decision", what's the ****ing point of having one if they all have the same opinion? They basically said they think win/loss in the home and away season trumps finals. Imbeciles.

At least when he inevitably chokes in a few weeks the blowtorch might finally come out in the media. It's sickening seeing Kane Cornes doing cartwheels everywhere right now.

Plenty around this place looking for losses.

I've been amongst that number at times, even though I've found myself able to start enjoying games again lately.

Can you really blame those people who detest the losing of 3 prelims and can't see a future under Hinkley? They may be "looking for losses" but they're actually looking for forward motion of the club in the long term. Perhaps try and not cast too much judgement on people too quickly.

When all the wins achieve is getting your hopes up, only to be crushed again come finals it's easy to not get excited.

That's the worst thing about keeping Ken.

I haven't properly enjoyed a win since 2020.

Each time you get excited, then think, but what's the point.

At least when we won with Primus we got to enjoy it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back