Preview How do you see the Cats 2024 Finals going?

How do you see the Cats 2024 Finals going?

• Out in straight sets (two losses not making the Prelim)

Votes: 36 34.3%
  • Preliminary Final loss (means they win one game in the finals)

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Grandfinal loss

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • 2024 Premiers

Votes: 21 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The best thing about tonight is that 4/7 opponents this month are outside Victoria and by getting the job done tonight we do not travel again. We play 1-2 games at the G.

We're a 3 in 4 chance of that being against an interstate team in a fortnights time.
The 3 remaining Victorian teams will have to travel a minimum of twice and max three times to make the GF.

Unless carlton win (unlikely) we get a week off and then a prelim against sydney gws or bris at the G. Cant ask for a better draw given swans and lions dont tend to do well at the MCG.
Making the GF has to be the minimum expectation from here. If we get in i really think we can win it.

The best thing about tonight is that 4/7 opponents this month are outside Victoria and by getting the job done tonight we do not travel again. We play 1-2 games at the G.

We're a 3 in 4 chance of that being against an interstate team in a fortnights time.
The 3 remaining Victorian teams will have to travel a minimum of twice and max three times to make the GF.

The pre finals bye negates the travel a bit but i agree we are in the box seat. Bris at the G dont worry me and sydney are a lot worse here than up there. Gws i can see knocking us off though but if we play like we did tonight we will win.

We need to put Port under the pump like we did against Freo and hope they make silly mistakes under pressure. Then we must be deadly efficient on our counter attacks or free clearances.

A huge challenge but not impossible.
Job done, although efficiency was poor in terms of set shot conversion. We were absolutely deadly in creating chances from our clearances and slingshots though.

Now we are into "huge opportunity" territory. The teams we could face in a prelim and/or GF are very good on their day. But we are in something of a box seat to give it a real red hot go now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What night will our prelim be on?

I’m going with Saturday night

Looking at the matches to following this week & next weeks potential sheduled, I’m thinking week 2 would currently look like:

• Port vs Bulldogs/Hawks on Friday night (8 day break for Port & 7 days for Dogs/Hawks)
  • Loser of Swans/GWS vs winner Lions/Blues on. Saturday night (7 day break for each)

Going into prelim week it would likely be:

• Winner Swans/GWS vs winner of Port vs Dogs/Hawks, on the Friday night (keeps the 7 day break for next weeks winner)
  • Geelong vs winner of other semi final, on Saturday night (again 7 day break)

After last night it’s hard not to get excited.

In a transition year we find ourselves in a home prelim against most likely an interstate team. At worst we lose the prelim and go 1-1 getting valuable finals experience into players, at best we make another GF and the cream would be winning the flag.

Unless carlton win (unlikely) we get a week off and then a prelim against sydney gws or bris at the G. Cant ask for a better draw given swans and lions dont tend to do well at the MCG.
Making the GF has to be the minimum expectation from here. If we get in i really think we can win it.
Make no mistake, the Prelim will be a tough game but this setup really is the reward for winning a QF.

ok granted there is always hope. But this isn't 2022, we don't have a strong midfield and yeah sure when we can move the ball easily with no opposition we can score heavily but the saints just showed us how a bit of pressure will bring us unstuck and very rapidly.

Credit to the club and the coaching staff, sure we had an easy draw this year and winning early games got us into 3rd spot which is an amazing achievement, the experience this will give our youngsters is invaluable.

In my mind this year has been an outstanding success based on our current list, any win from here is just a bonus but reality tells me we just cannot match it with anyone in the 8 except for Carlton, perhaps Hawthorn and Brisbane if playing in Melbourne.
Well clearly I'm an idiot. Never been so happy to admit that :drunk:

I’m going with Saturday night

Looking at the matches to following this week & next weeks potential sheduled, I’m thinking week 2 would currently look like:

• Port vs Bulldogs/Hawks on Friday night (8 day break for Port & 7 days for Dogs/Hawks)
  • Loser of Swans/GWS vs winner Lions/Blues on. Saturday night (7 day break for each)

Going into prelim week it would likely be:

• Winner Swans/GWS vs winner of Port vs Dogs/Hawks, on the Friday night (keeps the 7 day break for next weeks winner)
  • Geelong vs winner of other semi final, on Saturday night (again 7 day break)
Thats a very long break for us. Possibly too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview How do you see the Cats 2024 Finals going?

Back