Review Cats down Doggies by 4 points to go 4-0

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL360, Robbo + Sam Mitchell discussing Stengle’s Mark.
In true biased fashion, the replay only shows Stengle after he Marked the ball + went backwards, obviously over the line. Robbo refuting the Mark.

Photo shown on AFL360
View attachment 1954008

Photo from game vision taken by me
View attachment 1954009
Clearly, Stengle has both hands on the ball before AFL360’s photo.

At least Mitchell said watching the game live, it was a Mark.

On another matter:
Serious question, not a criticism, not a shaming comment, what’s wrong with Robbo’s mouth? Difficult to understand him. He’s stopped sucking his teeth when speaking, but seems like something strange has happened ???
Both photos clearly show it's a mark

Absolutely. But he also had a couple of horror moments early in the last. Kicked into the centre square to a nest of Dogs and then was outmarked by Taylor Duryea in a 1 on 1 when he had to bring it to ground.
Yep but then he pulled in two important marks late.

Votes worthy even though on another night he could've kicked 5.1 and had a couple more goal assists. Erratic but absolutely a big influence.

Anyone think the commentary last night was blatantly pro dogs. Everything was about the dogs coming back from behind.
Seems to me commentators always barrack for the oppo team, especially BT + JB. Good commentary is balanced. Also, many oppo teams despise us 😏

I prefer to regard their negativity as the result of our success. Missed finals twice since 2007. Wells’ recruitment is phenomenal. While we’re yet to play a Top 4 team, our youngens already show tremendous promise 😻 We’re 4-0 + Dogs were our test.

Considering the Hawks game was huge:
Tommy’s 350th;
Historical rivalry;
Six goal win;
Rain + 40 minutes of interrupted play;
Travelling interstate, twice in two weeks;
Only a five day break. . .
We faced a team with a superior MF with mainly Kittens + no Danger or Cuthrie.
Focus on running during off/pre seasons paid handsomely. Our guys despite, exhaustion, brought the game back onto their terms. Really proud + delighted with our Boyz determination, grunt, discipline + dedication.

They're particularly against us now though. Especially JB & BT. Bennett was a welcome change last night.

Admittedly, it hasn't helped that all our games have been on 7 so far, so we've had to put up with their hatred of our club.

Dennis & Bruce never fell into that category, and the Fox commentators don't either (Even some of the Hawthorn ones)

It's a JB & BT issue for mine. Actively barracked against us for years.
SNAP!

19 clearances, 28 contested possessions + eleventy seven throws.
FIFY
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Anyone think the commentary last night was blatantly pro dogs. Everything was about the dogs coming back from behind.
I think I finally get why everyone wants to see us fail now. It would be annoying 😀

I think I finally get why everyone wants to see us fail now. It would be annoying 😀
Kane Cornes is one who doesn't. I was following the game on sen at the time and many times openly pulled up his co-commentators for being blatantly biased against us. Had to tell them to take their "bulldog-coloured glasses off" at one point.

Kane Cornes is one who doesn't. I was following the game on sen at the time and many times openly pulled up his co-commentators for being blatantly biased against us. Had to tell them to take their "bulldog-coloured glasses off" at one point.
Kane is a dick who loves trolling but is a decent commentator from the games i have heard him call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched On The Couch earlier and i noticed an amazing stat that i don't think most will have picked.

Geelong rank number 1 for points from centre bounces in 2024 which is frankly ******* absurd with the mix we have had in it so far this year.
It's been a strength so far. Number of quality inside 50 entries from centre clearance has been high. So as long as we aren't getting torched on scoring differential from other stoppages (I don't have the numbers on these) then our midfield is holding up fine.

For the most part opposition are winning clearances easily but how many are damaging ones?

Yes- he’s pretty good. He used to annoy me but I’ve come around to him -he is actually quite an interesting footy person.

Watched On The Couch earlier and i noticed an amazing stat that i don't think most will have picked.

Geelong rank number 1 for points from centre bounces in 2024 which is frankly ******* absurd with the mix we have had in it so far this year.

Bruhn has had a lot to say about that. Currently top 10 in the comp for clearances.

IMG_4539.png

I thought Kolo and Henry were both good but the young key forwards are enormous now and they have a big height disadvantage against them. Glad we have SDK and that we have invested in COS for the future.

Losing JUH due to the academy reshuffle is sickening. Opposition supporters would literally have spontaneously combusted if we got him via academy :(

The dogs last few players picked are maybe not super strong but they have so much raw talent. Would win the flag with CS as coach.
missed that. you mean we had a chance at JUH?

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

There is a bit of poetic justice that we're the most hated club in the land these days...and our only defenders in the media are probably the two most hated figures in footy in Kane Cornes & Damian Barrett. It's perfectly balanced.

I've always thought Barrett was a closet Geelong supporter anyway, and who could blame him? You have to look elsewhere when Norf just drag down your life year on year.

Think he also has a man-crush on Chris Scott, so much so that he's now trying to look like him with the beard.

Surprised, Kane Cornes has been a critic of Geelong. Reassuring he’s a balanced commentator.

Funnily, or rather unexpectedly, Dangerfield’s CC stats in two games were low. Posted them in Preview thread.

Bruhn in particular I notice gets really clean clearances and 6v6 with our forward line is up there with the hardest to defend in the league. Quality > Quantity I guess and the hack 20m clearance kick straight to Tom Stewart is technically a clearance stat but does more harm than good.

Bruhn in particular I notice gets really clean clearances and 6v6 with our forward line is up there with the hardest to defend in the league. Quality > Quantity I guess and the hack 20m clearance kick straight to Tom Stewart is technically a clearance stat but does more harm than good.
Just look at the game VS the Dogs they slaughtered us on clearance numbers yet we have more inside 50s.
Just shows you not all clearances centre or around the ground are equal.

That is why i hate people who look purely at numbers to grade players as no 2 disposals/clearances etc are the same.

Eg a kick inside 50 from Miers is in most cases way better than a kick inside by Atkins/Parfitt or a clearance by Danger bursting out the front is better than a clearance from a hack kick due to the higher probability of hitting a target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats down Doggies by 4 points to go 4-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back