How good can Butcher be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton Oval

Senior List
Jan 8, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He looks the goods. Wonderful set of hands and his kicking has improved dramatically since he was drafted.

Is he the future of Port Adelaide? And how good can this kid be once he gets a year or two under his belt?

Could be good. Depends whether he manages to get out of that football graveyard we call Port Adelaide.

Sky's the limit once his inevitable trade request goes through.

This, to be honest.

I have no confidence in us developing even the most talented kids into the superstars they should be.

Boak, Gray, Hartlett and Salopek all should be greater than what they are. Even Pearce, though he wasn't drafted as a 'highly talented' youngster.

He has done some nice things but gee the amount of expectation put on too this kid after 1 and a half career games is amazing me.

Has only had 2 kicks in the first half guys

He has done some nice things but gee the amount of expectation put on too this kid after 1 and a half career games is amazing me.

Has only had 2 kicks in the first half guys

Shhhh this is Big Footy....

So it's not just North supporters that get ahead of themselves and start premature elation threads on the main board....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he did receive a fair bit of hype before being drafted as well. He was the top key position talent in his draft, and I recall there being serious discussion in mid-2009 about him possibly going top three in that draft too. Probably needs to add another 10kg to his frame (he's listed at 197cm and 89kg), but that should come in good time. That he's marking strongly against AFL defenders at this stage of his development is a great sign.

The main knock on him when drafted was his wayward kicking at goal, but he's been pretty accurate so far at AFL level - Four goals from four kicks so far today, and five goals and one behind in his career so far :thumbsu:

Clubs will go into a bidding war for him. It would take a lot of draft picks as no player will want to be traded to Port.

Will probably get them over the line against us next week............

Definitely a very promising player. I doubt there are many players running around that kicked a bag of 6 goals so early on in their careers. Only playing his second match but is snaring some good grabs.

Needs to put on weight obviously, he isn't strong enough in some departments but for a KPF in a struggling team today's performance has been nothing short of excellent.

Remove this Banner Ad

How good can Butcher be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back