FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Great finish, though Robin's acceptance bothered me. One minute she's mad as hell, but then when it turns into a proposal it's an immediate yes? They either needed some more coaxing from Barney, or have her not so annoyed beforehand. The emotion shift just seemed too quick, especially for Robin.

But still, made me giddy like a schoolgirl.

Great finish, though Robin's acceptance bothered me. One minute she's mad as hell, but then when it turns into a proposal it's an immediate yes? They either needed some more coaxing from Barney, or have her not so annoyed beforehand. The emotion shift just seemed too quick, especially for Robin.

But still, made me giddy like a schoolgirl.

The "mad as hell" part is all her act though. We knew she loved him, but she needed to find any excuse not to let Barney know that... hence she gets all angry to try and deflect. Then, when he proposes, she accepts because she can't deflect any longer.

All women do that.

Do people think that episode indicated the writers are going to finish it this season?

The whole Ted/Robin thing is finally over (for real this time), Ted's career is flying, so the show can definitely move forward now with the mother.

The creators of the show have said that they don't know if there's going to be a ninth season, so they're writing this season as it's their last.

Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if we jump right ahead to the wedding. It won't happen, but would be good if they did.

Do people think that episode indicated the writers are going to finish it this season?

The whole Ted/Robin thing is finally over (for real this time), Ted's career is flying, so the show can definitely move forward now with the mother.

I think so maybe 10 or so eps left in the season.

5 or 6 til a Barney Robin Wedding. Ted meets Girl and has 5 or 6 to set her up and have a happy ever after

The "mad as hell" part is all her act though. We knew she loved him, but she needed to find any excuse not to let Barney know that... hence she gets all angry to try and deflect. Then, when he proposes, she accepts because she can't deflect any longer.

All women do that.
All women respond to proven sociopaths by agreeing to marry them?

It was a cute episode in sitcom-land but there's no point trying to rationalise it.

Credit where it is due, have bashed the show when it's been terrible, but the last couple of episodes have been great. Loved the way they went about doing it with all the in-jokes within in the gang and the strange and funny story lines then cap it off with a great ending that not only advanced the story but made me feel pretty good. Also hope this is the last season as apart from 2 or 3 episodes this season has been great.

Also props to the poster who predicted the whole Petrice helping Barney scenario.

All women respond to proven sociopaths by agreeing to marry them?

It was a cute episode in sitcom-land but there's no point trying to rationalise it.

The whole point of the "turn it over" was for Barney to prove that this wasn't just another play in The Playbook, but the last play to finally capture the woman of his dreams and move into the next stage of his life.

The last 3-4 episodes have been classic HIMYM. Solid laughs, nice in-jokes and references, and hitting the emotional sweet spots.

I thought that having Barney jinxed for an entire episode would leave a gaping hole in the show's structure, but from the moment Ted started talking about the Buffalo bison I cracked up laughing and had a huge, happy grin on my face the whole way through. Thought the highlight was when Ted was relaying what Barney said to him: "Legendary. Challenge accepted. He winked at me. Wait for it". "That does sound like Barney."

I've always said this show is an excellent sitcom when it's not spinning its wheels just burning time until the final third of the season. About five episodes ago and really, throughout the entire Quinn arc, they were just killing time waiting until the right episode to start the Barney and Robin wedding sequence of episodes and the writers were stuck because they showed that Ted met The Mother there, so all they could do was spin the wheels. Now that we're moving to the end-game the quality has improved so much.

The whole point of the "turn it over" was for Barney to prove that this wasn't just another play in The Playbook, but the last play to finally capture the woman of his dreams and move into the next stage of his life.
I know. But if we're going to be real here, the level of manipulation is freaking sociopathic. No sane woman would react reasonably to that sort of behaviour by a man.

Which is why analysing how realistic these relationships are is sort of missing the point. Barney has never been a realistic character so the fact that Robin's reaction to him makes no sense whatsoever is totally irrelevant.

It's just sitcom fun.

That was such a great episode. Wow.

I loved Barney's excellent, detailed 2 second sketches of a knee and a barn. Always like the Barney has super abilities type stuff. Like when he ran the NY marathon with no training, held his breath under water for 8 minutes, his ability to never take a bad photo etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

his ability to never take a bad photo etc.

tumblr_ljvlxmnher1qg3th4o1_500.png

I loved Barney's excellent, detailed 2 second sketches of a knee and a barn. Always like the Barney has super abilities type stuff. Like when he ran the NY marathon with no training, held his breath under water for 8 minutes, his ability to never take a bad photo etc.

Sorry what episode was this mentioned/brought up in? Quick google search just had that fact (but 12mins) under his blog.. curious if it was actually integrated into the show at some point?
Cheers, never know when I might need that fact in some HIMYM trivia night or whatever. :p

Sorry what episode was this mentioned/brought up in? Quick google search just had that fact (but 12mins) under his blog.. curious if it was actually integrated into the show at some point?
Cheers, never know when I might need that fact in some HIMYM trivia night or whatever. :p
Magic trick I think where he was in a tank in Ted and Marshall's living room?

Magic trick I think where he was in a tank in Ted and Marshall's living room?

Was from The Naked Man

I imagine then we get a season with the Mother. Whilst I've always liked the idea of ending the series the second Ted meets the mother, I probably prefer this as a way to finish the show.

Probably could/will still happen. I think that's how the creators envisioned it to end, and even though they thought that this was most likely the final season and sort of built it up that way, they had a plan if they got another season.

I really don't understand why actors want to bail from great paying jobs. I'm happy he's going around again.
It's not like he needs it. He's got a good film career going now, and the show is getting in the way of him taking that to the next level. Being a sitcom star is great but it doesn't leave much time for much else. Being a film actor also gives you opportunities to branch out properly into writing/producing/directing, which can set you up for life.

It's the others that have SFA going on and need to keep their jobs. NPH has a few side projects but nothing to the extent of Segal. The others have bupkis.

Hmmm it depends. A sitcom like HIMYM films an episode a week, which means they're in production for about 6 months straight. Theoretically that means that they have the other 6 months to work on other projects, but unless the director/producer is willing to work around the actor's sitcom schedule then it can mean having to turn down a lot of opportunities.

After all, if Tom Selleck hadn't stayed with Magnum PI he would have been Indiana Jones and who knows where his career might have ended up. Not that he hasn't done alright for himself - but he probably wouldn't knock back Harrison Ford's resume.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back