FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Really odd episode. Narratively-speaking, it did a bit, but just didn't strike me as being that funny or compelling. Maybe that bit at the end with Ted and Barney threw me - anytime Barney is serious it seem a bit weird.

I don't think Robin will end up marrying Barney. Everything so far this season has pointed to Barney being a terrible boyfriend/fiance and Robin slowly getting tired of it. They keep writing it as "Robin and Barney have the coolest relationship ever! Barney can be a total sleazeball and Robin won't even care!" but surely Robin will realise (at the wedding I'm guessing) that she actually can't be with him. I felt like the end scene where she's on the couch with the coat shows that she's trying too hard to keep Barney interested and is probably in denial.

I actually think the opposite. Robin knows Barney is a sleezeball, she's engaged to him anyways. Also, Barney showed his love for her by telling the girl to take off her coat (strangely enough). I think the end was a bit of a bitch slap to Ted who was acting all superior and Barney largely acknowledged that Ted and Robin failed and he continues to fail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About 10 minutes in my thoughts were this was a terrible episode, but once "The Barney" play was revealed the episode did a 180 degree turn in the other direction. It's like the "The Barney" was on us viewers too!

Kind of a bland episode, anyone else find it really predictable? Apart from the "real" karate kid thrown in at the end! Some solid jokes but it was a meh episode to me.

My favourite quote ever from this show was one I discovered the other day after a few months of not watching re-runs.

"Robyn did pr0n...wait for it!...ography".

"We didn't need to wait for it"

Gets me over again.

Ted you're gonna get your heart ripped out again dude. I know they have been down this road again and again but I though that was really done. Good ep.

I think I know how it will unfold next week but prob most people can to.

Is it just me is robin still hot when she acts blokey?

I think she is actually one of the rare female characters who is actually funny.
Alot to do with the writing for her though.

Pretty average hey.
I wouldve thought it wouldve moved a bit quicker to now considering we all expect the season finale to be the wedding

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back