FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm personally pretty disappointed the finale wasn't the wedding episode (and the actual meeting the mother episode). I found it an anti-climactic finale given they've been leading up to it all season. I agree with the sentiment that it'd be good if they could just get the 'mother' plot arc done with and start being funny again to finish the show.

Robin - " My grandmother had this locket hidden in her butt for all of WW2 "
Lily - " Where was she ?? "
Robin - " Winnepeg....."

AND THERE SHE IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mibcyc8Z1S1rk3j3qo1_500.gif

So she is 100% the mother? If so, very anti-climactic in my opinion. It was almost always going to be but I do feel they could have done a bit better. Barney and Robin looked liked they were crappin themselves in the limo. Possibly a sign of things to come, possibly normal wedding jitters or possibly I just saw it wrong.

Marshall getting offered the job I thought was great. Nice way to round out his career. Interested to see how the Ted/Chicago situation pans out but I guess we all know he ends up staying in that house so he must cancel it after meeting future wife. Lilly probably ends up being the only one that he confides in about it.

Did the mother get back the original yellow umbrella that Ted found on St. Pats day or has she gone and bought a new one?

Ted left the umbrella at her house when he was dating Rachel Bilson.

Fair enough they wanted a recognised comic if she's going to be part of the cast for a whole season, but I am not a big fan of pixie-like actresses (her, Kristen Chenoweth, etc.)

pyMwpEx.jpg
In Ted's first lecture

Seems like a different actress though
kinda looks like the purple is just a bag on her lap to keep her laptop from being too warm on her legs, a classic move.
obviously a different actress too, but i reckon they'll find a way to put her back in that lecture

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kinda looks like the purple is just a bag on her lap to keep her laptop from being too warm on her legs, a classic move.
obviously a different actress too, but i reckon they'll find a way to put her back in that lecture

jsatt83100800033.jpg

EDIT - ah fixed now

I kind of liked it the way it sets up next year. I'm interested to see how they go about doing it.

Some won't like it, but I don't think we'll see the actual wedding ceremony until partway through the season. When Ted and Marshall are at the church and say there are a few twists and turns leading up to the wedding - I don't think we've quite seen what I'd call twists and turns. Could take 4-5 weeks to go through. We could even have the mother's back story over the same period which could take a while.

Loved Marshall's repartee with the dude on the phone.

Why are people talking in spoilers? Surely once the episode is out it's free game. Those that haven't watched it yet can quite simply not click on the thread.

Not too hard to wrap spoiler tags around though is it? Just to help a few people out. Normally I wouldn't have asked, being seeing it was the finale. You'd hate to forget and accidentally click on it..... Anyway, probably only need to do it for another hours or so, until everyone's had the chance to download.

I kind of liked it the way it sets up next year. I'm interested to see how they go about doing it.

Some won't like it, but I don't think we'll see the actual wedding ceremony until partway through the season. When Ted and Marshall are at the church and say there are a few twists and turns leading up to the wedding - I don't think we've quite seen what I'd call twists and turns. Could take 4-5 weeks to go through. We could even have the mother's back story over the same period which could take a while.

Loved Marshall's repartee with the dude on the phone.

Not too hard to wrap spoiler tags around though is it? Just to help a few people out. Normally I wouldn't have asked, being seeing it was the finale. You'd hate to forget and accidentally click on it..... Anyway, probably only need to do it for another hours or so, until everyone's had the chance to download.
you'd think since they said it was 56 hours till the wedding they'd have the actual wedding in one of the first few eps of next season, but often they skip back and forth from the actual timeline so i wouldn't be surprised.

Knowing this show, they will probably go 'for the summer' (i.e. while the show is on hiatus) and then something will happen to ensure they are back in NYC around the start of next season.

Didn't they really try hard to get Jason to sign up? Seems a bit fruitless if they wasted all that effort just to get him to make a few cameos.

I had a theory about that too ...
- his application to be a judge is presumably still being considered, maybe he gets the gig and they decide not to go to Rome?

I am so smart, I am so smart, S M R T, I mean...

I am sensing a Sopranos like end to it all. They finally meet Ted says "Hi, (something neurotic)" then fade to black, Mother has been met :p

Am pretty much over the show but have to keep watching now :p

That would be probably the greatest master troll job anyone's done on anyone that you'd have to stand up and applaud.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back