FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. A nothing episode, was absolute dross. I really hate how the actors are told to obviously ham it up and overact.

Case in point: the girl wanting the booth and when she had the booth, Lily and Robin walking past. Just too OTT.

Last half of this season has been very boring. Not much progression at all. Don't even see the appeal in Zoe to be honest. Can't wait for them to break up!

Horrible. Urgh, I thought it would be tough to produce a season as shitty as the last one. But they really are trying hard to do it.

Either Ted dates The Mother or he is single.

Everyone knows every woman Ted dates that isnt the Mother has an expiration date and it just makes it impossible to enjoy their time on screen, knowing that they're just delaying the end point.

Ted's girlfriends are attracting X-Pac heat from me :p

Here's to the season finale being blowing up the Arcadian with Zooey in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate got me on to this show recently, I somehow got through the first 5 seasons. The characters are fantastic, there have been many great episodes, but unfortunately many boring ones too.

The show needs an end date. The basic story is not worthy of 6, 7 or 8 seasons of 20-odd episodes.

I'm feeling like this show would have been infinitely better if it'd gone no longer than the 5 seasons they originally intended for the main arc.

You can see how they're contriving to draw it out because it rates its socks off and it's just painful.

Mate got me on to this show recently, I somehow got through the first 5 seasons. The characters are fantastic, there have been many great episodes, but unfortunately many boring ones too.

The show needs an end date. The basic story is not worthy of 6, 7 or 8 seasons of 20-odd episodes.

Especially when at least 10 of those episodes don't advance the story whatsoever.

Especially when at least 10 of those episodes don't advance the story whatsoever.
This and the fact that generally the extra episodes are steaming piles of crap

If the filler episodes were actually enjoyable and funny to watch then I have no problem with it. But last weeks ep was bloody awful.

Might as well hand writing duties to these guys
7433.monkey-typing-simpsons.jpg-.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

[/end rant]

I'm feeling like this show would have been infinitely better if it'd gone no longer than the 5 seasons they originally intended for the main arc.

You can see how they're contriving to draw it out because it rates its socks off and it's just painful.

I think you're spot on, season 5 was painful and I think it is because they realised that they were in it for the long haul. Now that they seemingly have an end date (end of the eighth season when Segel's contract is up) I hope that they can get back on track.

Season 6 was always going to suffer backlash when they introduced another relationship that wasn't the mother.

My guess is they'll finish after Season 8.

Which means we meet the mother at the end of S6/start of S7 then have Ted dating her and whatever before proposing end of S7. Wedding at end of S8?

And then (highlight to reveal):

We find out at the end that the reason Ted's talking to his kids is because the mother's died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back