How is Cameron White getting a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone show Callums last 10 innings figures.

I had a little bit of a look however I had to go back to the 2009 england tour where he got scores including 17,20*,71*,55,23*,6

then a game against england and sri lanka here which he got 15 and 46

and DNB's do not go into your average.

white is in pretty poor form over the last 3 months. i don't think anyone could deny that.

it's a shame cause i reckon he could be a good test captain batting at number 6 - even if it were just a temporary thing till someone emerged - but as it is he hasn't scored many runs in any form since the middle of last year so that can't happen.

we need him to come good in terms of this world cup. our whole innings tonight was strange even though i slept for most of it.
How could he ever be a good Test captain with his batting? We already have enough problems with our Test batsmen without an agricultural slogger at 6.

White will remain because there is no one to replace him

Wont see any of these stats gurus bringing up Fergusons last 10 ODI innings...
Ferguson is in better form right now.

Even Cricinfo has noticed how bad White's recent form is. It's shocking.

He is playing like he has something to lose because he does: his spot. He is guilty of looking too far ahead at the captaincy, and in the interim teams have figured out how to squeeze his extremely limited game.

Can someone show Callums last 10 innings figures.

I had a little bit of a look however I had to go back to the 2009 england tour where he got scores including 17,20*,71*,55,23*,6

then a game against england and sri lanka here which he got 15 and 46

and DNB's do not go into your average.
Just trying to stay consistent

According to the parameters set out in this thread, last 10 innings includes any innings where he plays and Australia bats

So that puts his last 10 innings as
17, 6, 20, 2*, 7, DNB, DNB, DNB, 46, 15

113 runs @ 18.3

Didnt see anyone complaining when those stats were used to put down White, but use the same stats on the golden boy and everyone is up in arms, maybe because it just drags him down :)

According to the parameters set out in this thread, last 10 innings includes any innings where he plays and Australia bats

113 runs @ 18.3

Didnt see anyone complaining when those stats were used to put down White, but use the same stats on the golden boy and everyone is up in arms, maybe because it just drags him down :)

It is actually becoming amusing that you are still defending White. Even his beloved sports sen who keep protecting him have turned on him.

It is actually becoming amusing that you are still defending White. Even his beloved sports sen who keep protecting him have turned on him.
He is pretty safe given their is no viable alternative who deserves his spot

I do recall all of Bigfooty abusing the selection of Dussey as well...

I don't care bring in Ferguson, even if he makes no runs he wont waste 30 balls trying to do so.

Plus Fergusons average is 30.14 as mentioned before hand, with an overall average of 44. The parameters of this thread are stupid, if you don't bat you average isn't going to be affected.

113 runs @ 18.3

This post just deserves the biggest face palm in the history of mankind. Just because an idiot like SotY used DNB's as part of an average, doesn't mean the rest of the world has to. If an idiot jumps off a bridge, are you going to follow him down? it just smacks of fanboism, who can't let go of the fact that his favourite player is in a big form slump right now. The Cameron white we know is a big hitting, fast scoring player. He can score the ones and twos, as well as the boundaries and still move along at a great rate. Lately he can't even pick up the ones and twos.. the basic fundamental of ODI cricket.

LOL

Because Callum Ferguson and Cameron White are fighting it out for the same spot arent they?

FWIW, If Dussey or Smith goes down or loses form fast, then Ferguson comes in..

White is in no matter what (barring injury of course).
And that's disgraceful. Our side is problematic enough these days without carrying an overrated slogger who is out of form. How utterly appalling that you think he is in "no matter what."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that's disgraceful. Our side is problematic enough these days without carrying an overrated slogger who is out of form. How utterly appalling that you think he is in "no matter what."

Good lord, it's hardly appalling if a mod on a cricket forum thinks these things.

Our selectors behave like martians and Nielsen appears to be a half-wit. and Cooley going to the Academy after the World Cup leaves me horrified as the injury list for Aussie bowlers has stunk up the place under his watch.

Now these things ARE appalling as they actually effect what is going on.

This post just deserves the biggest face palm in the history of mankind. Just because an idiot like SotY used DNB's as part of an average, doesn't mean the rest of the world has to. If an idiot jumps off a bridge, are you going to follow him down? it just smacks of fanboism, who can't let go of the fact that his favourite player is in a big form slump right now. The Cameron white we know is a big hitting, fast scoring player. He can score the ones and twos, as well as the boundaries and still move along at a great rate. Lately he can't even pick up the ones and twos.. the basic fundamental of ODI cricket.

Obviously you don't quiet understand cricket or Maths. How can a DNB be part of an average when the player did not go out and did not score runs. It obviously doesn't make a difference to the average. Go back and read it correctly and learn about cricket. And you call people an idiot.

I honestly think we could win the WC is White was out and Mussey was somehow brought in.

It would be disgraceful is White was in a WC winning team.

I do recall all of Bigfooty abusing the selection of Dussey as well...

Huh? :confused:

How that is supposed to even begin to serve as a defence for White I have no idea.

Oh, and David Hussey is also an abysmal selection in this side btw. He is nowhere near the requisite skill level for international cricket.

He is good on the highways he regularly plays on at the MCG against mediocre state attacks, but that's about where it ends.

How could he ever be a good Test captain with his batting? We already have enough problems with our Test batsmen without an agricultural slogger at 6.
white's improved significantly in the longer form over the 2007 to 2009 period. unfortuantely over the last four months or so he has been clearly out of touch.

white's improved significantly in the longer form over the 2007 to 2009 period. unfortuantely over the last four months or so he has been clearly out of touch.
No he hasn't. He's still a very mediocre first-class batsman. He will never be good enough to play Tests.

It's pretty funny how these 2 morons argue back and forth and dance around the fact that one really likes Cam White, whilst the other really dislikes him. Also, I enjoy the way they twist each other's words to try and make their own point. I think we are all a little dumber for having read those posts in this thread which were contributed by South of the Yarra and Eddie Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back