• 7-9

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • 10-14

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • 15+

Votes: 20 20.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So there it is 1 year today of complete sobriety, the first time probably since I was 16. Funny thing is I was quite anxious leading up to today. That's chronic anxiety for you, its a killer, you get anxious over everything and I'm talking about nausea, adrenaline, headaches (hence the valium) every ******* day.

However I am happy, can honestly say I have not had an urge to drink for six months, the first 3-4 months the urges were powerful but they lessen as time goes on. I've calculated that I've saved $12,400 dollarydoos so going to treat myself to something nice, my wife something nice as she has supported me the whole way through, the rest goes on my daughters trip to Europe.

For those that do enjoy a drink, raise a glass for me, there is an anonymous poster that has achieved something he thought impossible.

And Tbonefreo reach out mate if you want to have a chat, remember there is no judgement.
Yeah OK the catch is it IS kind of boring not drinking and you don't get that enjoyable temporary relaxation from it anymore. BUT you do feel physically and mentally far, far better and of course save loads of money.

Not counting but I don't think I've had a drink for around 4 months and whilst you do sometimes miss it I think the downside of it massively out weighs the short temporary upsides.

I use to drink a lot, not entirely sure why. I don't think I was masking any real trauma or used it to escape a terrible life I just loved getting gazebo'd. If it wasn't for hangovers I'd still be getting proper railed any time I could.

Cut back a lot now, have a great friend who hooks me up with a lot of prescription medication that does enough to fulfil my appetite for visiting the moon. No real comedown or side effects other than the occasional morning where my legs don't work great but probably the smartest move for my health I have made.

It's odd that people baulk at the idea of having 1 or 2 drinks every night, rather than having zero all week and then 15+ in one day/night.
Alcohol affects you in stages, I like the early stage of feeling relaxed, before you keep going and the irreversible
drunkness sets in.

It's odd that people baulk at the idea of having 1 or 2 drinks every night, rather than having zero all week and then 15+ in one day/night.
Alcohol affects you in stages, I like the early stage of feeling relaxed, before you keep going and the irreversible
drunkness sets in.
Id personally think anyone having 15 drinks away, whether 1-2 daily or 15 in a binge session on a weekend is drinking a lot but if anything the 1-2 a day is far more socially acceptable and normalized. “I have a wine or two with dinner” is something I reckon half my colleagues say on the subject, it’s much rarer to hear “I get turnt on the weekend”.

For me I would personally understand a lot more a couple on the weekend including one or two big sessions a year than anything else but others alchohol intake doesn’t impact me at all so 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Thats… a lot, like, a lot a lot.

Funny, I don't really think it's that much. Most people in my socio-economic kind of circle would drink the same if not more at this age. I've probably exaggerated a little but yeah. It absolutely could be defined as binge drinking though.

Funny, I don't really think it's that much. Most people in my socio-economic kind of circle would drink the same if not more at this age. I've probably exaggerated a little but yeah. It absolutely could be defined as binge drinking though.
I’m not judging but it’s worth noting that is absolutely defined as binge drinking.

20+ once a month is a lot by most people’s standards I’d say. I don’t think even at 20-21 when I drank my most I would have been doing that.

I’m not judging but it’s worth noting that is absolutely defined as binge drinking.

20+ once a month is a lot by most people’s standards I’d say. I don’t think even at 20-21 when I drank my most I would have been doing that.

Yeah, not denying that at all.

20 is probably pushing it, but it's not uncommon for me to have 10 beers and like 6-10 seltzers in a sesh I guess.

Yeah, not denying that at all.

20 is probably pushing it, but it's not uncommon for me to have 10 beers and like 6-10 seltzers in a sesh I guess.
20 is basically a full bottle of spirits.
10 beers is going to be 13 standard drinks at least if they're not middies.
The selzers could be 1 each which is another 6-10 standard drinks
So yeah you're hitting 20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you have ever lived as a real Aussie unless you have just once knocked off a whole cartoon of beer in one day, what's that about 30-35 standard drinks?
I can unequivocally say I’ve never done this and never will.

Add it to the ever growing list of “unaustralian” shit people like to toss out.

I use to drink a lot, not entirely sure why. I don't think I was masking any real trauma or used it to escape a terrible life I just loved getting gazebo'd. If it wasn't for hangovers I'd still be getting proper railed any time I could.

Cut back a lot now, have a great friend who hooks me up with a lot of prescription medication that does enough to fulfil my appetite for visiting the moon. No real comedown or side effects other than the occasional morning where my legs don't work great but probably the smartest move for my health I have made.
Haha, Stilnox, Xanax, Zoloft… What’s your elixir of choice?

I can unequivocally say I’ve never done this and never will.

Add it to the ever growing list of “unaustralian” s**t people like to toss out.
Looking at Alice Springs, and then seeing not getting hammered described as "unAustralian" and you have a neat little snapshot of this country's complex relationship with booze.

I don't think you have ever lived as a real Aussie unless you have just once knocked off a whole cartoon of beer in one day, what's that about 30-35 standard drinks?

we used to do slab saturday once or twice a year - see who could knock off a slab in a session. Most petered out around 18 but someone would normally smash all 24. Usually we would get to 12+ and then decide to go out instead 🤣

Looking at Alice Springs, and then seeing not getting hammered described as "unAustralian" and you have a neat little snapshot of this country's complex relationship with booze.

you'd be fun at parties :rolleyes:

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

You sure ? Seems low for a whole slab.
A hungry Jacks meal can be more than that.
Google tells me there are 142 calories in a stubby of VB. So x24 comes out about 3400.

(In my experience many people who talk about drinking a whole slab in a session are full of shit. See how many quarter/half full ones around in the morning)

I'll have a beer or 2 if out for tea.

I'll have a few if at a sporting event/mates/bbq for a few hours.

Most weekends I'll have nothing up to a 6 pack and if there's some left I'll finish one off after work each night (1 per night til they're gone)

I feel like the next gen hardly drink at all so in a few years it'll be interesting to see the impact.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

How many drinks do you have per week?

Back