How many Flags have you won as a supporter????

Remove this Banner Ad

i was born in 1990.....that makes 92, 94 and 2006 that makes 3...2006 great game will never forget:D only rmember 2006 tho:p

Subtle but transparent. Get over the whole VFL=AFL thing. It's not the first time.

Alive for 8 Blues flags but supported 5 of them.

Its a fact that the AFL is not the VFL and pretty soon people will start dropping the VFL stats. Us interstaters have already started and most vics are sure to catch up soon.

Maybe i'm just ahead of my time

I am a Geelong Cats fan...have been since the start of 1992...

Witnessed 3 grand finals as a cat...on tv that is...was there last year for the game agaisnt Sydney...was so guttering :(

Hey u know, the fact i have been waiting for so many years will make it that much sweeter when it happens...and i know it will happen one day soon :) MEOW!

Its a fact that the AFL is not the VFL and pretty soon people will start dropping the VFL stats. Us interstaters have already started and most vics are sure to catch up soon.

Maybe i'm just ahead of my time

It won't, and shouldn't happen. VFL=AFL. As is, was, and always will be. But then thats an argument for a different thread that will no doubt raise its ugly head again, probably along with the traditional 'should Anzac day be shared around all the clubs' thread. BTW i think it should :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen Collingwood win 1 (1990) I was only 6, and been alive for 3 Glenorchy TFL flags (85,86,99)

I saw the two North Launceston flags in '95 and '98. I managed to miss most of the lost GF's however, even the '99 one. i did see the '90 debacle tho. Gee it was tough following the Robins then. Could. Not. Win. A. Bloody. Final.

1995 was a great breakthrough, but they soon went back to old habits.

I saw the two North Launceston flags in '95 and '98. I managed to miss most of the lost GF's however, even the '99 one. i did see the '90 debacle tho. Gee it was tough following the Robins then. Could. Not. Win. A. Bloody. Final.

I went to the 1995 Grand final, got free tickets because my schools football coach was apart of the league as an umpire or something, we kicked footballs into the stands, too bad we had to wear Telstra Shirts.

I know what you mean with the habits, Glenorchy was like that the whole of the 1990s, until we got to the 1999 season. I thought this year was going to be our year in the southern league, but we blew it again like we did in 2001 again against Clarence :(

I went to the 1995 Grand final, got free tickets because my schools football coach was apart of the league as an umpire or something, we kicked footballs into the stands, too bad we had to wear Telstra Shirts.

I know what you mean with the habits, Glenorchy was like that the whole of the 1990s, until we got to the 1999 season. I thought this year was going to be our year in the southern league, but we blew it again like we did in 2001 again against Clarence :(

A typical Hobart day it was too, it was freezing cold, but I was warm with the beer jacket on. I was into the huddle in the middle of the ground after the final siren before most of the players. :) A great great day.

I was only 11 at the time, enjoying my first taste of being at a Grand Final (that I could remember I was too young to even remember the 85 and 86 ones, though I hear stories about them)

It was a fun day, and I was glad that Clarence lost the game :) Always a great day when Clarence loses any game, but a grand old day when it's a flag :)

Yeah the Robins had the yips for years in finals.
Not only did they drop 4 grand finals in a decade, but crashed out in straight sets after being minor premier in two other seasons.
I was there the day Rhys-Jones led them to their first TFL flag, saw Todman get snotted by Danny Noonan, dirtiest Grand Final day weatherwise since 1960, pissed down.
1990 was tough for you blokes, although with the loss of Golding in the first 5 mins, it didn't help your cause much.
Stuck with us for three quarters, and then the Tiges went bang, exploded and kicked 10 in 23 mins :thumbsu:
I watched Hobart play football for 30 years before I walked out on them, and would rate that the best side they ever put on the park skillwise.
1990TFLGrandFinalScoreboard.jpg

Sorry I had to do it!;)

VFL/AFL - 1.
Saw Richmond win in 1980.

TANFL/TFL Statewide/SFL - 4.
Hobart Tigers 1980 TANFL premiership.
Hobart Tigers 1980 Winfield Statewide Cup title.
Hobart Tigers 1990 TFL Statewide League premiership.
Hobart FC 1999 SFL premiership.
(Also saw two Under 19's and one Under 17's premiership)

14 Reasons to smile

PORT ADELAIDE

1977 first as a 10 year old (it's been a bloody long time but geez it's worth it - Russell Ebert)

1979/ 80 / 81

Missed 1988 when living in US

1989 - Beat North Adelaide (the 1 goal 8's)

1990 - Beat the rest of the SANFL

1992 - Buckley's Magarey

1994 - Came back from 6 goals down

1995 / 96 - Sent the Doggies back to the kennel

98 / 99 - Beat the arch rivals in Sturt and Norwood. Classic matches

2004 - Scored a ticket. Oh happy Day!

So 14 reasons to smile http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

How many Flags have you won as a supporter????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back