How many friends your age have passed on?

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2007 a boy in my grade lost his battle with cancer. It was really sad as he was friends with some of my friends.
They allowed a bus load of people from school to attend the funeral. I didn't as I didn't feel I knew him well enough, but apparently it was really nice.

now my friends & I all wear bandana's on National Bandana day, to support Canteen for kids living with Cancer.

RIP B.K.

A mate got hit by a car when we were only 7. Another mate had a brain haemorrhage whilst jet skiing.

At school, one guy had a heart attack at 15 and one killed himself.

A great student of mine died of meningitis on holidays last year. Such a shame as this kid would have been something special.

Are you a school teacher?

Amazing how many suicides are in this thread.

Between 8 and 10 people die this way every single day. Road statistics like this and the speed limits would be reduced to 20, but the govt doesn't really give a rats arse about people topping themselves.

Sadly this figure will probably only increase with tough times ahead.

A few & i would say that one of the worst ones was a guy who i went to school with was driving his car & was on his p plates & he must have hit the gutter because his car flipped/rolled over a few times & he died just around the corner from his house. He probably would have been speeding, but i can't imagine how his family would have felt to know their son died less than 20 meters from their front door step/home. Then one of my mates in Melbourne went out for a packet of cigarettes at 2 am on his motorbike & on the way back he hit a tree. He died only a few streets away from his home as well.

I'm 29 and I would say 2 that I was close with another 5 or 6 that I was friends with through other people.

My first girlfriend who was my best friend died when we were 19, it's 10 years in March. We went out for a year in high school, when we broke up we stayed really good friends.
A guy I played basketball with when i was about 14ish died when I was 16 of cancer, from the day he found out to the day he died it was 2 weeks. He was a top rubgy player for Vic and only had a check up because he couldn't finish a 3km run.

I know of a few people who were hit by cars, a 3rd cousin who I hadn't seen for years was murdered and someone else to cancer.

My mum died when I was 4 years old. Apart from that no one close to me, except two of my brothers mates died in a boat crash a few years ago. And a girl in the year above me at primary school died in the holidays, fell off her bunk bed head first into the ground.

Two friends from school passed away in a car crash on the weekend. Absolutely horrible stuff, can't even begin to imagine what they went through, it looked pretty nasty.

Really makes you realise how short life can be.

I'm 21 and I know of three who I went to school with who died. One was a suicide, another from a hit and run, and the third one crashed badly while in a motocross race and died from his injuries. Sad, really.

My elder brother died as a baby before I was born, however. It's always kind of saddened me that I never got to meet him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17, one of my good friends died nearly two years ago in a vehicle collision while on holidays. Made me very reflective on life and death. I wished her happy holidays a couple of hours before she died.

Lost two classmates in the same week when I was 16 (both in seperate incidents). Have lost contact with almost all classmates since leaving high school, so could possibly be more.

one from high school, anyone from the northern suburbs would remember the crash at the salisbury interchange involving the freight train and a bus.
the next day at my school was the most eerie ever people walking around the school in the morning in silence.

the other was more a friend of a friend, got along well with him and had a few beers at the pub now and then, died in a car accident around 18 months ago, hit a tree at high speed, had no chance.
here is the scene, its from a bebo page dedicated to him:
398418672a4985557818l.jpg

Sadly a number and I'm 32.

One to a car accident. Going too fast, same old story.

Two suicides. One girl hanged herself in the backyard and her boyfriend came home and found her and had to cut her down. he wasn't really the same after that.

Three to heroin overdoses during the smack plague of the 90s.

found out yesterday that a mate from primary and high school commit suicide jumping off the west gate on tuesday night...

in 2005 i was a witness when a male was hit by a bus and died at the scence in front of his daughter and partner in geelong.

in 2006 i was in the hospital room when they turned off life support when my mum passed on from cancer at the alfred.

im only 18

I went to Unley High School in the same year as Simon Goodwin and we quite literally had a bloke die from our year level every year we were there.

One bloke hit by a car getting off a bus, one stabbed by a javelin resulting in internal bleeding, one had seizures like Travolta's boy and died surfing, one bloke got cancer and one died from an epileptic fit.

We wuz jinxed!
Damn I know this is resurrecting a post from the dead but when we had sports day in 2008 at Unley we were told that a guy died from being stabbed by a javelin.

Damn I know this is resurrecting a post from the dead but when we had sports day in 2008 at Unley we were told that a guy died from being stabbed by a javelin.
I was mates with the poor fella who was killed and the poor fella carrying the javelin. Both great kids.

Hopefully the PE teachers stressed the need to drag the damn things by the top?!

Remove this Banner Ad

How many friends your age have passed on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back