How many real clubs are left in the finals race?

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerKop

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With four sides left, how many are real footy clubs. Just the 1, and 1 and a half if you count Sydney. Unfortunately the Crows v Eagles game will just be entertainment for the bandwagoners of the AFL's 2 biggest franchises. It's a bit sad to see, but hopefully the St Kilda footy club can win a deserved flag for the real supporters left in this years finals race.

notice how those criticising this thread are Sydney and Brisbane supporters. I wonder why??? :) Won't be long before the Crows and Eagles "know nothings" have a whinge as well.

PowerKop said:
With four sides left, how many are real footy clubs. Just the 1, and 1 and a half if you count Sydney. Unfortunately the Crows v Eagles game will just be entertainment for the bandwagoners of the AFL's 2 biggest franchises. It's a bit sad to see, but hopefully the St Kilda footy club can win a deserved flag for the real supporters left in this years finals race.
You are a tool.

And I'm not Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or West Coast. I'm a fan of a "real" club, though thats bull********.

PowerKop said:
You are stupid.

PowerKop said:

still bitter port lost to the crows? poor man! Must be eating inside of you! not once, twice BUT THREE TIMES! ouch!

PowerKop said:
It's disappointing when your team bombs out isn't it? Well, it must be sad to be beaten by a club that, by your own reckonings, isn't a real side at all.

PowerKop said:

You are a sad individual who must blame all his woes on everyone else and accept no responsibility himself/herself. All four are real clubs but perhaps you have the delusion that if Adelaide, West Coast or Sydney win the flag given you don't believe they are real clubs then you will still be the reigning premier. I've got news for you - 7 days and counting until either Adelaide, West Coast or Sydney are the reigning premier.

PS : Pity you jumped on the wrong horse tonight, you just can't take a trick at the moment.

PowerKop said:
Neither club abandoned their original leagues , or stole heritage, but hey, you think what you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PowerKop said:
notice how those criticising this thread are Sydney and Brisbane supporters. I wonder why??? :) Won't be long before the Crows and Eagles "know nothings" have a whinge as well.
Wow, you dont often see people admitting to trolling, maybe you should earn a little holiday.

PowerKop said:

Yeah I know it is really sad isnt it, it really makes so much of a difference that a team has been around for xxx number of years, just ask St Kilda and Western bulldogs about how their 80-100 years of history have helped them win one premiership each while West Coast and Adelaide have each won two in about a 1/10 of the time the other sides have been around.

Dont you Port supporters talk about premierships ???? Isnt that what you claim is the most important thing ??? Doesnt that then make this little discussion totally irrelevant???

Your 100+ years of history hasnt helped you win more flags than what Adelaide has and Adelaide has also won two in the time it took Port to win one.

As for bandwagon supporters, wouldnt you say that 90% of people barrack for Port because of their success through the 70s and 80s??? Arent bandwagoners supporters who jump onto winning teams ??? If it was Sturt winning those flags instead of Port Adelaide then most of your supporters would be supporting them instead.

I guess this is a another pathetic attempt and trying to justify your club because to this point you have failed to be as successful as Adelaide in the AFL, Adelaide has won more premierships and also won two in the time it took Port to win one. If Port dont win another one for ages the Port supporters will disappear again and we will go back to seeing 20,000-25,000 at AAMI for the home games, before you talk about the ever loyal Port supporters that never leave when they are losing and never stop cheering just remember Saturday night and I am willing to bet that those supporters that jumped on this year after the premiership will go back into hibernation and your season ticket numbers will drop significantly next year while Adelaide will AGAIN be sold out and will still have that long waiting list for people wanting season tickets.

So you can have your so called "real football club", I will continue to support my team through thick and thin year in year out just like I have done since 1991 and actually be around to help create and witness the history of the Adelaide Football Club and not just boast about stuff that I have read about in history books that really doesnt mean squat, where did the 120 years get Port last saturday ????

While on the subject of bandwagoners, I noticed since the Powers exit from the AFL finals race you have changed your team to Port Adelaide Magpies, but I am willing to bet that if the Magpies werent in the finals or if Port Adelaide Power were still in the AFL finals you would have left it as Port Adelaide Power :D

relapse said:
While on the subject of bandwagoners, I noticed since the Powers exit from the AFL finals race you have changed your team to Port Adelaide Magpies, but I am willing to bet that if they werent in the finals you would have left it as Port Adelaide Power, very interesting thing that
Thats because poor old kobby is one of lifes natural born losers; sad little attention seeker.

relapse said:
Yeah I know it is really sad isnt it, it really makes so much of a difference that a team has been around for xxx number of years, just ask St Kilda and Western bulldogs about how their 80-100 years of history have helped them win one premiership each while West Coast and Adelaide have each won two in about a 1/10 of the time the other sides have been around.

Dont you Port supporters talk about premierships ???? Isnt that what you claim is the most important thing ??? Doesnt that then make this little discussion totally irrelevant???

Your 100+ years of history hasnt helped you win more flags than what Adelaide has and Adelaide has also won two in the time it took Port to win one.

As for bandwagon supporters, wouldnt you say that 90% of people barrack for Port because of their success through the 70s and 80s??? Arent bandwagoners supporters who jump onto winning teams ??? If it was Sturt winning those flags instead of Port Adelaide then most of your supporters would be supporting them instead.

I guess this is a another pathetic attempt and trying to justify your club because to this point you have failed to be as successful as Adelaide in the AFL, Adelaide has won more premierships and also won two in the time it took Port to win one. If Port dont win another one for ages the Port supporters will disappear again and we will go back to seeing 20,000-25,000 at AAMI for the home games, before you talk about the ever loyal Port supporters that never leave when they are losing and never stop cheering just remember Saturday night and I am willing to bet that those supporters that jumped on this year after the premiership will go back into hibernation and your season ticket numbers will drop significantly next year while Adelaide will AGAIN be sold out and will still have that long waiting list for people wanting season tickets.

So you can have your so called "real football club", I will continue to support my team through thick and thin year in year out just like I have done since 1991 and actually be around to help create and witness the history of the Adelaide Football Club and not just boast about stuff that I have read about in history books that really doesnt mean squat, where did the 120 years get Port last saturday ????

While on the subject of bandwagoners, I noticed since the Powers exit from the AFL finals race you have changed your team to Port Adelaide Magpies, but I am willing to bet that if the Magpies werent in the finals or if Port Adelaide Power were still in the AFL finals you would have left it as Port Adelaide Power :D

You and your f'cking state side.
Port earnt their flag, the Crows were given theirs. How can you compare a side that had to pick 38 players out of a washed-up state league over a one year period back in 1996 against a side that could pick 50 players out of a state league in it's prime back in 1990 and have a three year moratorium over the league to have who you wanted.
If an Essendon, Carlton, Hawthorn etc got given the handouts your mob got they would of won at least 5-6 flags in there first 9-10 years time.
Geez, even Fremantle would of won more than 2 flags with that same charity.
If Adelaide win the flag this year, which they are a big show for, I will give credit to the Adelaide Football Club.

Camry_Chokers said:
Port earnt their flag, the Crows were given theirs. How can you compare a side that had to pick 38 players out of a washed-up state league over a one year period back in 1996 against a side that could pick 50 players out of a state league in it's prime back in 1990 and have a three year moratorium over the league to have who you wanted.
If an Essendon, Carlton, Hawthorn etc got given the handouts your mob got they would of won at least 5-6 flags in there first 9-10 years time.
If Adelaide win the flag this year, which they are a big show for, I will give credit to the Adelaide Football Club.

All that proves is that little Bucky couldn't cut a good enough deal. But we all know that little Bucky was a very smart boy and went the back door by getting lots of up and coming footballers or state league stars to amazingly not nominate for the draft the year before POWER (as opposed to Magpies) came in. And by the way, if you're precious history means so much to you, why did your club bend over and cop it up the vegemite track from Collingwood and the AFL by not only changing your name but also your colours???

Enjoy the hard times buddy coz they are upon you.

Camry_Chokers said:

First thing, Adelaide is not a state side !!!!

Secondly, your argument is wrong, flawed and horribly thought out. Over half of that premiership side from 97,98 was not there in the early years. Matthew Robran, Darren Jarman, Peter Cavan, Kane Johnson, Troy Bond, Shane Ellen, Mark Stevens, Clay Sampson, Andrew McLeod, Matt Connell, James Thiessen, Koster, Eccles. I could go on. THEY WERENT THERE IN THE EARLY YEARS !!!!!!!! Now I know to all you Port supporters the AFL only existed from 1997, but dont try and make dumb statements if you have no idea what the hell you are even going on about. We also were not able to complete in the national draft which meant that we had no access to draft the best young talent from around Australia, we had to solely rely on SA talent initially so it wasnt a huge advantage, but because you have no idea what you are talking about you most probably dont realise that.

I love how Port supporters always have an excuse. Thats always the Port Adelaide mentality, if you dont win then you whinge or make excuses, I laugh at how you try and dismiss anything that Adelaide has accomplished. It is pure petty jealousy that you cant acknowledge it or pretend it didnt happen :D, it is just some pathetic excuse to hide the fact that we have won more flags. Since being in the AFL the true nature of Port supporters has been exposed, big mouth jealous sooks who cant handle life in the big league and cant handle their own medicine. How is the sack choko campaign going ??? still cheering because primus did his knee ??? still trying to shove the blame onto McGuiness and Mickan instead of the inflated egos of your players??? Is the AFL still against Port Adelaide because they are scared ??? I am sure you are all out thinking of some new and wonderful excuses to use.

BTW if Fremantle had the team that you have been fielding for the past four years I am sure that they would have won more than one flag :D

PS nice nick, pity it doesnt make any sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many real clubs are left in the finals race?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back