How will we beat the Lions this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaza

Draftee
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
How will we beat the Lions this weekend?

I think we must start well & we must kick straight especially early on which we obviously didn't do last week & it cost us big time!

We must get back to the pressure tackling games that we played against Adelaide, Freo & the Sainters in our three wins so far this season

Obviously the guys who always kill us for the LIONS - Brown, Black & Power & Bradshaw if he is playing??? need to stopped!!!!

We have to move the ball alot quicker when the opposition kick a behind than we have been & our disposal & decision making ned to improve - we need to use the ball better & kick the ball longer more often I believe

Thoughts?

Simple. Kick it long, none of this handball crap.

The key is off the half back line with the run of welsh and the two power backman this year in fletcher and ryder where ryder is getting in the whole and flethcer is doing well to bomb it long everytime up the ground.

Lloyd back this week? Where is NLM as well?

Simple. Kick it long, none of this handball crap.

The key is off the half back line with the run of welsh and the two power backman this year in fletcher and ryder where ryder is getting in the whole and flethcer is doing well to bomb it long everytime up the ground.

Lloyd back this week? Where is NLM as well?

NLM re-injured his quad, yet another brilliant decision by the Essendon medical staff to play him.

Quinn must be given the arse.

I think we must start well & we must kick straight especially early on which we obviously didn't do last week & it cost us big time!

We must get back to the pressure tackling games that we played against Adelaide, Freo & the Sainters in our three wins so far this season

Obviously the guys who always kill us for the LIONS - Brown, Black & Power & Bradshaw if he is playing??? need to stopped!!!!

We have to move the ball alot quicker when the opposition kick a behind than we have been & our disposal & decision making ned to improve - we need to use the ball better & kick the ball longer more often I believe

Thoughts?

So basically we just have to play better.

I honestly am so lost with the bombers at the moment. we applied terrific pressure, offensively and defensively, in our wins so i dont know whether it is lack of effort or different strategy in the losses.

One thing i did notice at the game on friday night was how hard the kangas midfield worked. not only did they smash us in the clearances but they were awesome at getting numbers back to crowd our 50.

Lets just hope they turn it on this week.

Hope that brown,black and power get a real bad flu and dont play and if we can actually play direct football insteadof stuffing around with the ball then i think we have a chance

If we do what we did in the first 4 rounds we will win. Hopefully Lloyd is back.

It's a simple four step process:

1. Convince the AFL before the weekend to introduce a Red Card Policy.
2. Mal Michael starts a bunch on with Jonathon Brown before the game.
3. Both Michael and Brown get a Red Card and can't play for the rest of the game.
4. We Win

- Put Mal on Brown and block his leading space with a spare player.
- Use McVeigh to shut down McGrath.
- Try to use the corridor as much as possible.
- Get as much ball as possible to Lloyd and Lucas and keep them from being double teamed.
- Tackling pressure

Mal on Brown with Dustin a kick infront.

Lucas in goal square Lloyd at CHF.

Nash in if fit to provide the run missed by NLM and Fletch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?
Well Bradshaw's season ending knee injury has done for us what so many of our own players couldnt do. Stop Him!!

That last paragraph is the key to winning all games, not just this one. If we improve this area of the game, we will start winning more games.

It will be interesting to see who gets Lloyd since there is no Mal, Leppitch, Bradshaw or Scott to get him. Jason Roe would be the obvious one, but I doubt they would like to have him on Lloyd because of his rebound. Same goes with Brennan. Who played on Fevola?

No. I just know our limits. Winning games is one of them.
Maybe you don't really know our limits then. Honestly this is a perfectly winnable game, we managed to break even in the inside 50 count against the Kangaroos whose midfield is of similar strength to Brisbanes. Lloyd and Lucas should be too much to handle for the inexperienced Brisbane defence.

Maybe you don't really know our limits then. Honestly this is a perfectly winnable game, we managed to break even in the inside 50 count against the Kangaroos whose midfield is of similar strength to Brisbanes. Lloyd and Lucas should be too much to handle for the inexperienced Brisbane defence.
Totally incorrect. Brisbane's midfield is vastly superior to the Kangas' who didnt have Wells for almost 3 quarters either. Compare Black, Power, Lappin, Sherman and Rischitelli to Simpson, Harris, Rawlings, Harvey and Swallow. I know which lot i'd rather be playing against, and unfortunately, we just played them!

Totally incorrect. Brisbane's midfield is vastly superior to the Kangas' who didnt have Wells for almost 3 quarters either. Compare Black, Power, Lappin, Sherman and Rischitelli to Simpson, Harris, Rawlings, Harvey and Swallow. I know which lot i'd rather be playing against, and unfortunately, we just played them!
Is it just because they are bigger names? Kangaroos have a very strong midfield, if you look at thier last 4 games you would see how strong it is. Saw them rip the cats midfield at Skilled. How do you think they beat Brisbane up at the Gold Coast? It was because they won the midfield battle.

I wouldnt say they are bigger names as such. Guys like Black, Power and Lappin never get reagrded in the top echelon with guys like Judd, Burgoyne, Kerr and Goodes. They are just better players. Black and Lappin have better skills than all of the kangas guys. Power is argueably a better in and under player than Harris or Simpson.

The kangas midfield is based on blue collar workers that dont stop trying. Brisbane's is more white collar, guys with silky skills. These are the guys that cut teams apart. The kangas guys get clearences and nullify opponents, without starring themselvs.

i think it was the last time we played them we won, and i won $100 bucks on sports bet, wickid. we just gotta finish, we had more scoring shots than kangas but we manage to lose by 22 :mad: , obviously there are other factors but this is a massive one

Remove this Banner Ad

How will we beat the Lions this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back