Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

A holiday on full pay? You really are a disgrace of a “human being.”

Your ignorance shines like the lighthouse of Alexandria. Public servants in Victoria in elsewhere have been doing stuff all for months whilst those who actually do the heavy lifting in society and contribute to govt coffers have been utterly shafted by an idiotic lockdown.

An utterly repulsive situation. No matter how useless the Despot is, no matter how many lives are lost, no matter how much economic ruin he causes IT WONT COST HIM A CENT on retirement. Lowest of the low. Yet you defend him. Who pays your wages???

The Victorian premier, Daniel Andrews, has defended being awarded an 11.8% salary increase, making him the highest paid state leader in the country with a total income of $441,000 a year.

Tens of thousands of Australians with foreign backgrounds disagree with the profound ignorance of this statement.

Ah so in your pathetic little word non anglos are more important. As bigoted as you are ignorant.

If only I had an arts degree. It would have come in so handy with the toilet paper shortage.

Only 17% of Aussies don't trust the ABC. Hardly unrepresentative, I think you are perhaps out of touch with most Australians.

View attachment 940242

Lols. What next? Australian Greens endorse the record of Pol Pot as a progressive thinker and Dan Andrews comments that the Chinese action of welding people in to their homes was something that clearly needed to be considered?

"The Australia Institute is the country's most influential progressive think tank. We conduct research on a broad range of economic, social and environmental issues . "

Perhaps you are incapable of realising that the majority of what the ABC produces is not directly for you, and that you are possibly not the best judge of the merit or its lack of what it produces.

It appeals to the delusional, the lazy, the latter sippers, the academics and those who didnt get a good enough score to study for a decent degree.

May as well claim veganism is a source of good for the world.

See this is a problem for me the bold, i have a rooted knee, riddled with arthritis and can only walk on soft surfaces for exercise, golf is my form of exercise as a rule due to grass surface, i have bone on bone on my knee and the only thing that can help is a knee replacement and was starting the process to look into surgery before Covid hit, who knows when i will be able to get this done, the nearest oval that suits my needs with a soft surface underfoot is with in driving distance of the 5 km limit, so i drive there as this the best option for me, even more so i know that i cannot use the local hydro therapy pool. I have been doing this during stage 4, i didn't even realise i could be pinged for something that was actually a benefit for me.
Don’t listen to that poster. Very self centred fitness dude.

If the sacrifice of the minority includes them dying then the sacrifice of majority does pale somewhat in comparison.

Maybe this is the key difference between right-wingers and left-wingers.

If right-wingers reached the age of 85 and had lived a decent life, then they probably would accept death especially if it meant the younger got to enjoy the same freedoms and lifestyle they did.

Whereas the left are self-absorbed, and would selfishly prefer everyone else suffers to instead prolong their life by a few years.

This is what I'm starting to see.

If Covid-19 was like Ebola and had a 50% death rate, then yeah, lockdowns would be warranted. OR if Covid-19 was like the Spanish Flu and killed the young moreso than the elderly, then yeah, lockdowns would be warranted. BUT when Covid-19 is killing what we hear are those already in palliative care and with underlying conditions, then why on earth are we not simply putting all this money and effort into SHIELDING at-risk groups while allowing everyone else to live as normal??

Medusala:

Covid - the science!!!

Climate change - ignore the fake science!!!

Bet you're one of those guys that screams "the science" during a climate change debate but then quietly disappears when you have to explain what the science says regarding what effect a reduction in Australia's emissions has on the climate.

Bet you're one of those guys that screams "the science" during a climate change debate but then quietly disappears when you have to explain what the science says regarding what effect a reduction in Australia's emissions has on the climate.
Bet you're one of those people who doesn't understand science so says the above

Even with zero effect on the climate, wouldn't you prefer to breathe cleaner air? Emissions kill.

If right-wingers reached the age of 85 and had lived a decent life, then they probably would accept death especially if it meant the younger got to enjoy the same freedoms and lifestyle they did.

Whereas the left are self-absorbed, and would selfishly prefer everyone else suffers to instead prolong their life by a few years.

I don't think 85 year olds in nursing homes are in charge of public health.

These older people deserve a safe and dignified retirement, that's the way I see it anyway. They raised children, paid taxes, went to war. They're as entitled as anyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See this is a problem for me the bold, i have a rooted knee, riddled with arthritis and can only walk on soft surfaces for exercise, golf is my form of exercise as a rule due to grass surface, i have bone on bone on my knee and the only thing that can help is a knee replacement and was starting the process to look into surgery before Covid hit, who knows when i will be able to get this done, the nearest oval that suits my needs with a soft surface underfoot is with in driving distance of the 5 km limit, so i drive there as this the best option for me, even more so i know that i cannot use the local hydro therapy pool. I have been doing this during stage 4, i didn't even realise i could be pinged for something that was actually a benefit for me.

The latest clampdown on the rules is about as ridiculous as some of the earlier lockdown rules. What sense does it make that you can't drive to a beach or a golf course to exercise? How does a 5km movement limit make a difference?

Ah so in your pathetic little word non anglos are more important. As bigoted as you are ignorant.

If only I had an arts degree. It would have come in so handy with the toilet paper shortage.

Where did I say that?

You are a flat out ignorant, pseudo-science peddling, propaganda spreading racist pig.

Don’t bother replying. I’m done. Nationalistic arseholes like you make the world almost unbearable.

This is what I'm starting to see.

If Covid-19 was like Ebola and had a 50% death rate, then yeah, lockdowns would be warranted. OR if Covid-19 was like the Spanish Flu and killed the young moreso than the elderly, then yeah, lockdowns would be warranted. BUT when Covid-19 is killing what we hear are those already in palliative care and with underlying conditions, then why on earth are we not simply putting all this money and effort into SHIELDING at-risk groups while allowing everyone else to live as normal??
So we sacrifice the old at the altar of consumerism next time round when we've done away these non productive oldies, the disabled, the unemployed? You'd do well to remember those you're condemning to a slow and unpleasant death are people too.

Do learned folk this board reckon the Stage 4 restrictions will be extended beyond mid Sept?

My guess would be they’ll extend another 2-4 weeks. The new case numbers are certainly heading in the right direction but possibly not quickly enough to ease restrictions at that time.

I think the next 7 days will be telling.

Do learned folk this board reckon the Stage 4 restrictions will be extended beyond mid Sept?

not learned at all, but i reckon we are being warmed up for an extention. the ANU/AMA talking heads are being wheeled out saying the numbers need to be lower, and feds are talking zero community transmission

I don't think 85 year olds in nursing homes are in charge of public health.

These older people deserve a safe and dignified retirement, that's the way I see it anyway. They raised children, paid taxes, went to war. They're as entitled as anyone else.
The aged care system has failed them. The failures during staged restrictions are on steroids. Locking them in a room 24/7 for extended periods over the last 5 months is a disgrace. They've suffered more than almost any other community cohort via Dan's lockdown. Many would've rather died than lived that life, as per the RC evidence. Not sure they'd be eligible for VAD though. 🤷

not learned at all, but i reckon we are being warmed up for an extention. the ANU/AMA talking heads are being wheeled out saying the numbers need to be lower, and feds are talking zero community transmission
The decision is as much about politics as it is heath. Reckon Andrews well aware of sense of fatigue in community but believe they could extend to end Sept with public relatively on side

Any longer will be a real test of public's resolve particularly as weather improves October onwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back