Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make the average of 5 by the 19th is gone , we would need to average around 4.5 per day from here on in, will even be a stretch to make it by 26th. The 5 target was considered a huge stretch by all but Dan, Brett and their super computer and it looks like that is the case.
How do you get that number of 4.5? From what I gather we already have 34 cases from 3 days with only another 36 allowed in the next 11, average being 3.27.

My guess is that if Daniel Andrews doesn’t ease social restrictions as expected by the 19th, expect to see leadership challenge chatter go up several notches. It could be anyone out of Hennessy, Garrett or Jennings v Andrews, and I reckon it could happen sometime before Christmas. I think Andrews is starting to lose some confidence and numbers amongst Labor MPs, especially his backbenchers.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

if we accept status quo, thats fine. it means Victoria will remain locked off from the rest of the country until either they have a mass outbreak or a vaccine is available. and this could remain in place for another year.

that means you will see businesses basically move away from victoria, the ausopen/F1/AFL/etc abandon the state for at least 2021, and it will create a massive cultural change in this country - we will be effectively non-Australians
No chance F1 or Aus open go interstate.

How do you get that number of 4.5? From what I gather we already have 34 cases from 3 days with only another 36 allowed in the next 11, average being 3.27.

I was using the 14 day available starting from the 5th to 19th, to get to 5, we have had 26 in total for 5th and 6th.

Losing it altogether could happen, not interstate though. French and US opens went OK though.

qld and wa have been working for months to poach these (plus a rack of other melbourne based events)

From Brett - average aussie household size of 2.5. Average household size of vics 20,000 cases is between 6-10.

Crazy, breeding like rabbits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is that if Daniel Andrews doesn’t ease social restrictions as expected by the 19th, expect to see leadership challenge chatter go up several notches. It could be anyone out of Hennessy, Garrett or Jennings v Andrews, and I reckon it could happen sometime before Christmas. I think Andrews is starting to lose some confidence and numbers amongst Labor MPs, especially his backbenchers.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Im tipping Hennessey, as she already mentioned her workplace safety act in regards to covid back in mid Sept and appeared to be distancing herself from the hotel security crisis.

I was using the 14 day available starting from the 5th to 19th, to get to 5, we have had 26 in total for 5th and 6th.
Ah okay. I was under the impression that any announcements to lift restrictions on the 19th would come on Sunday the 18th. And that would be based on the 14 day average of numbers from the 4th - 17th (to give them that one day to work out what they would announce on the 18th).

So Dan's denying it?

Thats settled that then.

But he's ok with Uyghurs slave labor as long as it's not used in his contract.

What else are they going to say?

its actually easier than that

any contractor should be knowing exactly what factories are going to be used in their supply agreement. and multiple visual inspections of the sites would be part of this.

firstly, you need to make sure the supplier actually has the capability of delivering what they are saying

secondly, the use of shadow factories in china is not uncommon, so you would be needing to make sure none of that shit is going on

if they dont know where their shit is being made, this manufacturer has bigger issues

Makes me laugh that posters think NSW has been “lucky” and VIC has been “unlucky“.

Substitute Governments that are “competent” and “ridiculously incompetent“ and there’s your true reasons.

its actually easier than that

any contractor should be knowing exactly what factories are going to be used in their supply agreement. and multiple visual inspections of the sites would be part of this.

firstly, you need to make sure the supplier actually has the capability of delivering what they are saying

secondly, the use of shadow factories in china is not uncommon, so you would be needing to make sure none of that sh*t is going on

if they dont know where their sh*t is being made, this manufacturer has bigger issues

So just like a State government “should know” that staff in hotel quarantine are not also working in Aged Care??????

How hard could it be to manage that given what has already occurred?

So just like a State government “should know” that staff in hotel quarantine are not also working in Aged Care??????

How hard could it be to manage that given what has already occurred?

you have obviously never been involved in govt procurement for major projects. there is a reason these processes take years

Ah okay. I was under the impression that any announcements to lift restrictions on the 19th would come on Sunday the 18th. And that would be based on the 14 day average of numbers from the 4th - 17th (to give them that one day to work out what they would announce on the 18th).

Yours could be correct as well, either way we won't get to 5 by those dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back