tigerT

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
The eagles, the swans and the crows you'd expect to be thereabouts again next year, add to that Freo, StKilda and the Bulldogs serving a notice of intent with the way they've traded and we are in for a very interesting 2007 season :)

Melbourne arent too far off either although dont think they have enough real quality to go all the way just personally, going to be very hard to make the 8 if youre not one of the above mentioned clubs.

tigerT said:
The eagles, the swans and the crows you'd expect to be thereabouts again next year, add to that Freo, StKilda and the Bulldogs serving a notice of intent with the way they've traded and we are in for a very interesting 2007 season :)

Melbourne arent too far off either although dont think they have enough real quality to go all the way just personally, going to be very hard to make the 8 if youre not one of the above mentioned clubs.
thats what happened after every trade of every season...large expectation for the year ahead. Sumtimes this happens, but usually the new players dissapoint. The thing that will change season 2007 the most is the drafts IMO

deano the hawka said:
The thing that will change season 2007 the most is the drafts IMO
I'd certainly hope so as we have 6 picks in the top fifty and certainly need something, if not everything to change from 2006

deano the hawka said:
thats what happened after every trade of every season...large expectation for the year ahead. Sumtimes this happens, but usually the new players dissapoint. The thing that will change season 2007 the most is the drafts IMO

That's true, but I doubt this years draft will have much effect on next year, more likely to be players picked up in the last 3 or 4 that make a real impact.

A lot of teams tend to yo-yo in and out of the 8 for a while as they tend to get a harder draw when they are in the 8 than they do when they are outside of it, so not sure if many of the boomers of 2006 can sustain it next year.

I think a few teams outside of the 8 can get into the 8 if they get a decent draw and are fortunate to play some teams when they are not in their best form.

With the comp being so even you only need a minor stumble to stumble well out of contention.

Back to Back!!

346m6xj.jpg

Tas said:
A lot of teams tend to yo-yo in and out of the 8 for a while as they tend to get a harder draw when they are in the 8 than they do when they are outside of it, so not sure if many of the boomers of 2006 can sustain it next year.

I think a few teams outside of the 8 can get into the 8 if they get a decent draw and are fortunate to play some teams when they are not in their best form.

With the comp being so even you only need a minor stumble to stumble well out of contention.

Tell me one year that the Colliwobbles have had a BAD draw..My God they have it made...hardly ever travel, Eddie Everywhere sucks up to Demetriou like nothing on earth.. I'll bet he went home and cried when Channel 7 got the rights..it was quite obvious he wanted 9 to get them..And whilst on that subject, what right did Eddie have to tell Demetriou he hoped that the new consortium did as a good a job as them...My God am sooo glad they lost out for the next five years. I always thought that 7 did a great job when they had it..and looking forward to next year, and no more NINE, they are definitely NOT THE ONE!!!:thumbsdown:

LuvMyHawks said:
Tell me one year that the Colliwobbles have had a BAD draw..My God they have it made...hardly ever travel, Eddie Everywhere sucks up to Demetriou like nothing on earth.. I'll bet he went home and cried when Channel 7 got the rights..it was quite obvious he wanted 9 to get them..And whilst on that subject, what right did Eddie have to tell Demetriou he hoped that the new consortium did as a good a job as them...My God am sooo glad they lost out for the next five years. I always thought that 7 did a great job when they had it..and looking forward to next year, and no more NINE, they are definitely NOT THE ONE!!!:thumbsdown:

Collingwood played both WCE's and Adelaide twice...last time I checked those teams finished the home and away season ranked 1st and 2nd. We also beat Sydney in Sydney and beat WCE's easily. What more do you want a side coming from 15th the previous year to do?
Essendon travelled outside Victoria exactly the same amount of times as the Pies in 2006....and the Bombers finished second last!!
Your "easy draw" argument is invalid. Sometimes there's alot of hype and bullsh1T puffed about by other clubs and supporters about Collingwood...You should try not to believe it all.:thumbsu:

Cuzz09 said:
Back to Back!!

346m6xj.jpg
Can't help but look at this picture and notice that Judd looks like an outsider. Cuz, Chick and Embley over the moon, Judd with hand on hip. Would he feel more a part of it in a Vic. side, i think a picture tells a 1000 words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aristotel said:
Your "easy draw" argument is invalid. Sometimes there's alot of hype and bullsh1T puffed about by other clubs and supporters about Collingwood...You should try not to believe it all.:thumbsu:
You are wrong. Collingwood do not travel to Perth as often as they should in a home and away fixture. I have the statistics to prove it:

In the last 10 years - home and away:
Collingwood vs Fremantle - 1 meeting in Victoria: 6 (1997-2000, 2003, 2006)
Collingwood vs Fremantle - 1 meeting in WA: 1 (2002)
Collingwood vs Fremantle - 2 meetings: 3 (2001, 2004, 2005)
Collingwood vs Fremantle - in Victoria: 9
Collingwood vs Fremantle - in WA: 4

Collingwood vs West Coast - 1 meeting in Victoria: 6 (1997, 2000, 2001, 2003-2005)
Collingwood vs West Coast - 1 meeting in WA: NIL
Collingwood vs West Coast - 2 meetings: 4 (1998, 1999, 2002, 2006)
Collingwood vs West Coast - in Victoria: 10
Collingwood vs West Coast - in WA: 4

Collingwood vs WA side - 1 meeting in Victoria: 12
Collingwood vs WA side - 1 meeting in WA: 1
Collingwood vs WA side - 2 meetings: 7 (but not both sides in the same season)
Collingwood vs WA side - in Victoria: 19
Collingwood vs WA side - in WA: 8

Statistical average - 1 meeting in Victoria: 2.5 (5 for 2 sides)
Statistical average - 1 meeting in WA: 2.5 (5 for 2 sides)
Statistical average - 2 meetings: 5 (10 for 2 sides)
Statistical average - in Victoria: 7.5 (15 for 2 sides)
Statistical average - in WA: 7.5 (15 for 2 sides)

(The statistical average assumes that every team has one "derby" match in their home state twice a season giving 7/14 games - more accurate as a rough estimate than the 8/15 comparison)

In the past 10 years, Collingwood have managed to avoid 7 H/A trips to WA through favourable treatment in the fixturing. The 12-1 imbalance in location for single-meeting fixtures stands out pretty clearly.

Thunderbird said:
You are wrong. Collingwood do not travel to Perth as often as they should in a home and away fixture. I have the statistics to prove it:

In the last 10 years - home and away:
Collingwood vs Fremantle - 1 meeting in Victoria: 6 (1997-2000, 2003, 2006)
Collingwood vs Fremantle - 1 meeting in WA: 1 (2002)
Collingwood vs Fremantle - 2 meetings: 3 (2001, 2004, 2005)
Collingwood vs Fremantle - in Victoria: 9
Collingwood vs Fremantle - in WA: 4

Collingwood vs West Coast - 1 meeting in Victoria: 6 (1997, 2000, 2001, 2003-2005)
Collingwood vs West Coast - 1 meeting in WA: NIL
Collingwood vs West Coast - 2 meetings: 4 (1998, 1999, 2002, 2006)
Collingwood vs West Coast - in Victoria: 10
Collingwood vs West Coast - in WA: 4

Collingwood vs WA side - 1 meeting in Victoria: 12
Collingwood vs WA side - 1 meeting in WA: 1
Collingwood vs WA side - 2 meetings: 7 (but not both sides in the same season)
Collingwood vs WA side - in Victoria: 19
Collingwood vs WA side - in WA: 8

Statistical average - 1 meeting in Victoria: 2.5 (5 for 2 sides)
Statistical average - 1 meeting in WA: 2.5 (5 for 2 sides)
Statistical average - 2 meetings: 5 (10 for 2 sides)
Statistical average - in Victoria: 7.5 (15 for 2 sides)
Statistical average - in WA: 7.5 (15 for 2 sides)

(The statistical average assumes that every team has one "derby" match in their home state twice a season giving 7/14 games - more accurate as a rough estimate than the 8/15 comparison)

In the past 10 years, Collingwood have managed to avoid 7 H/A trips to WA through favourable treatment in the fixturing. The 12-1 imbalance in location for single-meeting fixtures stands out pretty clearly.

But the point is that it's not of Collingwood's doing, as some hysterical anti-Magpie people will have you believe. Each and every year clubs such as North Melb, Bulldogs, Hawthorn, St.Kilda lobby the AFL to give them 2 games against Collingwood because of $$$. Just ask any Roos suppporter, a home game against the Pies makes a big difference to their bottom line...It's a big day out for some of these smaller Melbourne based clubs. That would expain Collingwood's lack of trips to W.A....you can't be in two places at once.
Don't winge to me...winge to the AFL.

DyerBolical said:
Can't help but look at this picture and notice that Judd looks like an outsider. Cuz, Chick and Embley over the moon, Judd with hand on hip. Would he feel more a part of it in a Vic. side, i think a picture tells a 1000 words.

More to do with the excrutiating pain he is experiencing in his shoulder at this time than anything else.

I dont think that being in a Vic side would of made any difference. :thumbsu:

LuvMyHawks said:
Have a cry, ya sook

Big Man said:
Mor
I dont think that being in a Vic side would of made any difference. :thumbsu:

Yes it would, being in a Vic side he wouldn't be standing there but prob sitting at home watching it on TV

Thunderbird said:

Thunderbox get off the wobbles case... they are good for the comp... all their nuff nuffs pay for the comp to be successful..... they have a right ...to be the bubble wrap filler in the comp... and by god they are good at it;)

Let it rest ... leave them alone:)

PS Ant Rocca is puffed out climbing the private jet stairs... his "heart" can only take so much:thumbsu:

Dry Rot said:
Great theory, but my understanding is that many Vic clubs ask to play the Pies to boost attendances = less travel.

Gee someone finally states the bleeding obvious about Collingwoods' draw, well done! if people whinge about the pies draw then GET YOUR CLUB TO NOT REQUEST A HOME GAME AGAINST US ! simple really, unless you are.....simple!:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

HUGE season to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Back