Player Watch Hugh Bond - Debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly has good shutdown capabilities

The key for him will be to aim for eventually getting the ball around 15 times a game, as well. This is what peak Luke Brown was able to do

Why does footy supporters have this affinities with turning every player into a midfielder?

Why not just allow him to find his feet in one position and make that his own.
Why not?

He played almost all of his footy as a midfielder before being drafted by the Crows and actually played nidfield in the first SANFL round and had one of his best games. He'd be ideally suited to putting the "clamps" on oppo's damaging mids wuth his resoluteness, strength, toughness and elite endurance.

Why not?

He played almost all of his footy as a midfielder before being drafted by the Crows and actually played nidfield in the first SANFL round and had one of his best games. He'd be ideally suited to putting the "clamps" on oppo's damaging mids wuth his resoluteness, strength, toughness and elite endurance.

Because he's played 1 game. Just allow him to settle into 1 position before changing everything.

Let him play 50 games, let him find the level and get comfortable. But we already want him moved to the midfield.

Because he's played 1 game. Just allow him to settle into 1 position before changing everything.

Let him play 50 games, let him find the level and get comfortable. But we already want him moved to the midfield.
In case you hadn't noticed taggers.run with on oppo's damaging mids are in vogue in 2024 and he's the best equiped on our list to do that currently

In case you hadn't noticed taggers.run with on oppo's damaging mids are in vogue in 2024 and he's the best equiped on our list to do that currently

Had he tagged anyone on the AFL before?.no, he's played 1 fantastic game as a small defender.

Therefore, I can assume he's played as a tagger in the SANFL side? Because surely you are not endorsing someone play a role without having experience that position before.

Had he tagged anyone on the AFL before?.no, he's played 1 fantastic game as a small defender.

Therefore, I can assume he's played as a tagger in the SANFL side? Because surely you are not endorsing someone play a role without having experience that position before.
Are you serious?

The players calling him "clamp"might be a hint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I don't endorse changing players position ever 3 second.

I'm happy to give him time to find his feet.

And not every player must become a midfielder.
Would be good for his job security if he can match up on small forwards as well as those roaming half forwards who push into the midfield.

Doesn't mean he's a "midfielder" per se, still a defensive lockdown player which is his role. Just able to play on a variety of opponents.

Would be good for his job security if he can match up on small forwards as well as those roaming half forwards who push into the midfield.

Doesn't mean he's a "midfielder" per se, still a defensive lockdown player which is his role. Just able to play on a variety of opponents.

Only job security he needs at this club is to play 50 games. Then he's safe as house.

Bond, does not seem to have the athletic profile.... i might be wrong here but he looks awfully slow at times and skills are average at best.

Bond, does not seem to have the athletic profile.... i might be wrong here but he looks awfully slow at times and skills are average at best.
He looks to have a decent turn of speed to my eye. Very fumbly though.

Ummm absolutely nothing wrong with his his athletic profile at all, he's been a multi-sport athlete all through his juniors including representing in elite level rowing before choosing football in his draft year. Top end endurance and definitely not slow, kicking is a work in progress now he's obviously chosen footy but like everything he does he will apply himself resolutely to the task.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Hugh Bond - Debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back