Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The season is over for Howlong Full Forward Trent Ball after damaging his medial and anterior cruciate ligaments on the weekend.
Bad luck for the Spiders and for Ball as they have just started to gain some momentum.

It's really good to see some of the comments on here in the past couple of days between Rennie-Saints and Holbrook towards the Crows.
That's much better for country footy and the feeling around country towns than slagging and bitch fighting that seems to go on.
Actually to keep up the good work, I'd like to ask people to comment on who they have found to be the best clubs to play away to in the manner described above - hospitality etc - because it was always one of the best features of the Coreen league.

For Rennie I found Holbrook to be the most welcoming. Good facilities, and although they were a stronger club they were very encouraging to our teams as to the way we played. President addressed our seniors after the game and invited us all back to the awards. They even awarded a 6 pack to the best opposition player. A number of their players and officials went out of their way to welcome us. Loaned us some kids to make up the numbers in the 3rds. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

For Rennie I found Holbrook to be the most welcoming. Good facilities, and although they were a stronger club they were very encouraging to our teams as to the way we played. President addressed our seniors after the game and invited us all back to the awards. They even awarded a 6 pack to the best opposition player. A number of their players and officials went out of their way to welcome us. Loaned us some kids to make up the numbers in the 3rds. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Thats what country footy is about not the name slinging and bitching that going on, in the tallangatta league thread.

Thats what country footy is about not the name slinging and bitching that going on, in the tallangatta league thread.
I would have to say henty are mainly because they bring hot pies and sausage rolls and chips into the away rooms when you play up in the swamp land

This thread is in a terrible state. A massive game between Jindera and Cul and all we get is some rubbish about some bloke no-one cares about..... who plays for a club who is basically last......

Who won for God's Sake and did anything happen that could give people something to read about??
well for starters mate they arnt last on the ladder, and no one really cared about the jindera cul game, thats just a game that will see whos got the most money and who has the biggest egos! the last minute spending spree jindera had will keep them in good nick to have a crack at a flag if they dont get ahead of them selves as usual lets not forget they have been premiers since january this year and theres still a long way to go! and if you think this thread is in a terrible state how about you add somthing to it then mate and stop your sooking! and if you want to know who won you should spend $1.20 on a monday morning if your not to tight to buy the border to find out no one tells you to read everyones threds all it is, is a bit of banter between a couple of mates!

well for starters mate they arnt last on the ladder, and no one really cared about the jindera cul game, thats just a game that will see whos got the most money and who has the biggest egos! the last minute spending spree jindera had will keep them in good nick to have a crack at a flag if they dont get ahead of them selves as usual lets not forget they have been premiers since january this year and theres still a long way to go! and if you think this thread is in a terrible state how about you add somthing to it then mate and stop your sooking! and if you want to know who won you should spend $1.20 on a monday morning if your not to tight to buy the border to find out no one tells you to read everyones threds all it is, is a bit of banter between a couple of mates!

Phead take you and your friendly banter between mates and fcuk off to another thread...either stop complaining about who paid how much (which you have no ligit facts about) and talk bout footy, or find another thread and stop bagging ppl who actually are talking about where the real footy is being played and that is surely not at ur club judging on ur attitude

I don't live in the area any more 'mate' so can't buy the border on a Monday and this site and thread used to be a very good spot to keep in touch with the local game. I didn't realise this site was for a "bit of banter between a couple of mates!!" - my mistake!!!

Outside of that it is good to see a number of clubs congratulating each other on their post game festivities. The more of that the better. With the fear of upsetting PHEAD86 and his mate I see Jindera did in fact beat Cul and I suppose that makes them clear cut favourites at this stage.

Could be a good finals series kicking off in a few weeks. How do the finals series work? I believe it is a top 6 and I presume top 2 get a double chance, what about from there on?

What a f*ckin stupid post by a f*ckin stupid person. Grab your box of tissues phead and go sit in the corner with your so called mates and sook to each other. People on hear dont wanna hear dribble like your post. Fancy havin a go at people for posting stuff about footy on a footy based website. Stop jackin up about who's guna win the premiership and whose been favourite all year because after all at the end of the day some club has to you win it you clown

good verdict tossa culcairn by 15 points?errrrr.Mackie awarded best on ground honors not a bad effort for someone that cant get a gig in the walla reserves

It's really good to see some of the comments on here in the past couple of days between Rennie-Saints and Holbrook towards the Crows.
That's much better for country footy and the feeling around country towns than slagging and bitch fighting that seems to go on.
Actually to keep up the good work, I'd like to ask people to comment on who they have found to be the best clubs to play away to in the manner described above - hospitality etc - because it was always one of the best features of the Coreen league.

Just a quick thing i noticed at the lockhart burrum game.. the lockhart 14s boys havent won a game so bb saints game them a few of their bigger kids so every1 could have a bit of fun.. and then in the 17s the lockhart boys repayed the favour by giving the saints some of their better players.. great for footy

This thread is in a terrible state. A massive game between Jindera and Cul and all we get is some rubbish about some bloke no-one cares about..... who plays for a club who is basically last......

Who won for God's Sake and did anything happen that could give people something to read about??

Pheads post was actually pretty funny, and the bloke no-one cares about is a former Azzi medalist so have a think about what you're saying. Also it is good to hear about a club other than Jindera, Culcairn or Osborne (or Joel Mackie) on this thread, even if the club is struggling.

On the struggling point, Trent Ball leaving has proved to be a massive loss (wasn't just Ossie that left), will be interesting to see how Howlong now go without him.

In the GVFL tomorrow Rochester's "Tank" McPhee plays his 400th senior GVFL game. Anybody in the Hume league been able to achieve this great milestone?:thumbsu:

On the struggling point, Trent Ball leaving has proved to be a massive loss (wasn't just Ossie that left), will be interesting to see how Howlong now go without him.

Yeah,Maggies may just pip Howlong at the post without Ball & the much feared home ground advantage...jokes.;)

Someone told me ever reliable Jase Kohn is back for Howlong this weekend.He'll steady the ship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah,Maggies may just pip Howlong at the post without Ball & the much feared home ground advantage...jokes.;)

Someone told me ever reliable Jase Kohn is back for Howlong this weekend.He'll steady the ship.
Anyone else have a giggle at trent quoting that he was "a lot fitter this year" in the paper?He still is a touch of his peak.
On another note-strong rumour circulating that Joel Mackie had a run in with the coach in Adelaide and was asked to move on.

Anyone else have a giggle at trent quoting that he was "a lot fitter this year" in the paper?He still is a touch of his peak.
On another note-strong rumour circulating that Joel Mackie had a run in with the coach in Adelaide and was asked to move on.
i heard that bot the opposition and his howlong team mates had to carry the stretcher off the ground the first 4 trainers that tried to lift them are now seeking compensation for putting there backs out:D:D

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Osborne, Lockhart and possibly Colli will be tranferred to the Farrar league next season?:confused: Makes sense for both leagues in terms of geography and number of sides. Farrar would go up to 9 and we would be back to the reasonable figure of 12.:thumbsu:

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Osborne, Lockhart and possibly Colli will be tranferred to the Farrar league next season?:confused: Makes sense for both leagues in terms of geography and number of sides. Farrar would go up to 9 and we would be back to the reasonable figure of 12.:thumbsu:

have heard but with henty and culcairn instead of colli.. may be all talk.. have to wait and see.. dont understand what would be done with the juniors though

have heard but with henty and culcairn instead of henty.. may be all talk.. have to wait and see.. dont understand what would be done with the juniors though
Not sure what the re-structure will be although i do know Thurgoona have been approached to come across. Won't matter what the clubs want NSW/ACT Southern Board will do what they want anyway

I have heard (via Hume League Executive) that Lockhart, Osborne, Culcairn and Henty approached to join Farrer. Lockhart are opposing it because the Farrer comp plays their juniors on the Sunday - Lockhart quite rightly want to travel and have all games on the one day. If Farrer are prepared to changed the junior set up Lockhart will consider it - don't know about the other clubs.

How do you guys think the Hume Leage would go without those clubs? Would it make it more even or would there still be a few "power" clubs (bigger towns = more sponsorship/$ and players) such as Jindera, Holbrook and Howlong who would continue to dominate the comp? (And that is by no means a criticism of those clubs).

I have heard (via Hume League Executive) that Lockhart, Osborne, Culcairn and Henty approached to join Farrer. Lockhart are opposing it because the Farrer comp plays their juniors on the Sunday - Lockhart quite rightly want to travel and have all games on the one day. If Farrer are prepared to changed the junior set up Lockhart will consider it - don't know about the other clubs.

How do you guys think the Hume Leage would go without those clubs? Would it make it more even or would there still be a few "power" clubs (bigger towns = more sponsorship/$ and players) such as Jindera, Holbrook and Howlong who would continue to dominate the comp? (And that is by no means a criticism of those clubs).

Is it just lockhart opposing this.. i believe the other three clubs wouldn't be happy with playing on two days every weekend.. but in the end the AFL will decide to do what they think is best anyway

The league would be the same as usual.. there would be your powerhouses and the strugglers.. something needs to be done

How many did "Splinter" Liston play? Any Culcairn people know?

603 games
beginning in late 1940's/early 1950's, and was still filling in for the 2nds in the late 70's/early 80's when they were short.
Then went on and coached the juniors for a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back