List Mgmt. Hypothetical trades and wishlists thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be content to see us trade out anyone on our list over ~28yo who is willing to go in exchange for (what we would rate as "clear overs" in) future picks in the 2018 draft.

This is of course only if our list management and recruiting team consider the 2018 draft to be as good as so many "experts" are claiming it to be. Which is another "super draft" like 2001. But obviously this isn't the first time we've heard that about a draft since then.

I agree aside from Cyril and Smith. These are the two for me that will cause problems with the playing group if they are traded.

But thats just my opinion from afar.

I agree aside from Cyril and Smith. These are the two for me that will cause problems with the playing group if they are traded.

I tend to agree - they're Hawthorn players, aren't they? They are engrained in the club; their personalities, their abilities, their work ethic. Trading them would be like trading a part of our soul in a way.

Yes. Roughy too. I really mean anyone. But I don't believe either of them would want to go, hence why I qualified it with the "willing to go" part.

And after what we let Mitchell and Lewis go for last year we might struggle to get anything close to fair value for them. Let alone overs.

Kennedy to Carlton alarm bells ringing. Get Balic

Absolutely gutted about this. So effing over Carlton pretty much having first dibs on GWS players. What's worse is they seemingly always pay unders. Just read that they expect to get both Kennedy and smith and keep pick 3. Really wanted Kennedy, and thought we had a chance.

Rioli, Smith and Roughy are probably all valued too highly by the club for lots of off-field and on-field "intangibles" to be considered as trade bait. Which is understandable.

The message I guess I'm trying to convey is that we've seen last year with Mitchell and Lewis that the club isn't afraid of making drastic and unpopular list management decisions to try and ensure the future health of our list. And I certainly think trading away those two for barely anything is far worse than trading away two of our >28yo's for what we'd consider overs in the form of 2018 "super draft" picks. And like I said, it would only be if the players were willing to go (with most of them probably preferring to stay anyway!).

In a nutshell - I'm prepared for anything club and players are willing to do providing it sets us up for the future.

To be fair this is all coming from one afl.com article unless i am missing something? They are not exactly the number 1 source for information. Unless i have missed other people saying this as well?
It mentioned that he's all but pulled the trigger. You wouldn't think they'd run with that unless it was genuine unfortunately.

Kennedy to Carlton alarm bells ringing. Get Balic

When I first saw this:

Then I saw this - "The former Giants academy player appears almost certain to request a trade ahead of October's player exchange period."

350.png

But seriously, I wanted Kennedy so badly :( Kid is a Hawthorn supporter (or was) so always thought we had a cheeky chance at him. Carlton should just be renamed Calter West Sydney now. It's beyond a meme at this point.

How come every player is going to Essendon or Carlton:(:huh::thumbsdown:
They put their hand up for anyone with a heartbeat, and offer big $$$ to sway them. Carlton is GWS's reserve list.

Essendon have tried to recruit a name player for 10 years without any luck, but it's fitting they might land stringer, considering the rumours about him and their very own drug scandal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They put their hand up for anyone with a heartbeat, and offer big $$$ to sway them. Carlton is GWS's reserve list.

Essendon have tried to recruit a name player for 10 years without any luck, but it's fitting they might land stringer, considering the rumours about him and their very own drug scandal.
Stringers problems are gambling and family related, not drugs.

Seeing as Kurt Heatherley has been told he's up for trading, would Hartung, Heatherley and a future 2nd round pick be enough for us to get Andrew Gaff from West Coast; if he wants to come home to Victoria? I'd hate to see Kurt go but West Coast needs tough players and we have a surplus of defenders.

Gaff would be a superb pick-up for The Hawks. A centre line of Smith/Mitchell/Gaff combined with an on ball division of McEvoy/O'Meara/Burgoyne has me salivating.

Seeing as Kurt Heatherley has been told he's up for trading, would Hartung, Heatherley and a future 2nd round pick be enough for us to get Andrew Gaff from West Coast; if he wants to come home to Victoria? I'd hate to see Kurt go but West Coast needs tough players and we have a surplus of defenders.

Gaff would be a superb pick-up for The Hawks. A centre line of Smith/Mitchell/Gaff combined with an on ball division of McEvoy/O'Meara/Burgoyne has me salivating.
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back