Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Where is Nigel Smart right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, that ranks up there with the 3/4 time OTR dance and our first Adelaide Oval pre game entertainment as some of the worst off field things the club has seen.

Good lord... the OTR dance. I'd forgotten about that, too. I'm cringing just thinking about it. The worst part about it wasn't the fact that they had the idea, but that there were people out there actually willing to take part. All for the chance of winning... what was it? A $100 OTR voucher? Which is the equivalent of a $10 voucher to any other shop on earth not located in an airport. For the love of God, people! Where is your dignity?!?

Good lord... the OTR dance. I'd forgotten about that, too. I'm cringing just thinking about it. The worst part about it wasn't the fact that they had the idea, but that there were people out there actually willing to take part. All for the chance of winning... what was it? A $100 OTR voucher? Which is the equivalent of a $10 voucher to any other shop on earth not located in an airport. For the love of God, people! Where is your dignity?!?

I don't remember the OTR dance at all. Surely not as bad as chant night. Club probably got a bit of cash from OTR. We spent money on chant night. Not a lot, exceedingly little, but still, we spent money.

I don't remember the OTR dance at all. Surely not as bad as chant night. Club probably got a bit of cash from OTR. We spent money on chant night. Not a lot, exceedingly little, but still, we spent money.

Chant night was just a one night cringe. The OTR dance was EVERY DAMN HOME GAME for at least a season, possibly more than 1 season? Given the total audience for the OTR dance was whoever was in the stadium at the time (~50,000), less those who were out getting a beer or using the bathroom or just didn't give a toss (~49,000), you'd have to imagine that, based on the audience, the value of that promotion would have been roughly the same as a classified ad in the Messenger newspaper, and thus would have brought in a similar amount of revenue :p

Chant night was just a one night cringe. The OTR dance was EVERY DAMN HOME GAME for at least a season, possibly more than 1 season? Given the total audience for the OTR dance was whoever was in the stadium at the time (~50,000), less those who were out getting a beer or using the bathroom or just didn't give a toss (~49,000), you'd have to imagine that, based on the audience, the value of that promotion would have been roughly the same as a classified ad in the Messenger newspaper, and thus would have brought in a similar amount of revenue :p
I remember it, I mean I've seen worse things overseas in game but that way woeful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, that ranks up there with the 3/4 time OTR dance and our first Adelaide Oval pre game entertainment as some of the worst off field things the club has seen.

Letting a sponsor toss the coin for the first AO game was a disgrace

Yes we need to make money, but some things are off limits. If only you have the nous to realise it

Anyone who uses the phrase “An important learning...” must have missed the learning..err..lesson in school that “learning” is a verb and “lesson” is the noun.

You learn lessons. You don’t “lesson learnings”

Bye Nigel

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Back