Bullyboy

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2002
The Wild Wild West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Footy Club
my 2009 members cap and my wifes members pashmina last friday night at the Bulldog membership tent outside the Dome.

It is the best members cap for some time but the good wife thought the pashmina was fairly ordinary and I tend to agree.

Has anyone else redeemed their cap and pashmina yet, I am interested in what others think about them.

Bully.

What the hell is a "pashmina"

I`m glad you`ve asked that question acker and I will do my very best to provide you with the answer you deserve.

A pashmina is a shawl or wrap made of finer fabrics like silk or the finest grade of cashmere which is considered the perfect fashion accessory in down town Nimbum. The Bulldogs members pashmina is plain blue with a small Bulldog logo in one corner but is not silk. and I am no expert but they don`t appear to be made from cashmere which is from the short, thin inner layer hair from Himalayan goats.

Bottom line is, there is no members scarf as we know them this season, they have been replaced with the pashmina which is a shawl or a wrap (I have my suspicions that the Greens have infiltrated the Dogs membership dept). :rolleyes:

Bully.

I`m glad you`ve asked that question acker and I will do my very best to provide you with the answer you deserve.

A pashmina is a shawl or wrap made of finer fabrics like silk or the finest grade of cashmere which is considered the perfect fashion accessory in down town Nimbum. The Bulldogs members pashmina is plain blue with a small Bulldog logo in one corner but is not silk. and I am no expert but they don`t appear to be made from cashmere which is from the short, thin inner layer hair from Himalayan goats.

Bottom line is, there is no members scarf as we know them this season, they have been replaced with the pashmina which is a shawl or a wrap (I have my suspicions that the Greens have infiltrated the Dogs membership dept). :rolleyes:

Bully.

Bully, it's Nimbin and ferals nor watermelons wear pashminas. More your high powered executive type women. Not that I am any of these.

has anyone got their actual membership card in the mail yet? my wife still hasnt got hers?

cheers

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashmina) describes it as the material a shawl is made from, not the actual shawl itself. And to me a shawl is a scarf. Come now, we're not the sort of pansies who look at a colour and say 'oh, its salmon coloured!' instead of 'its pink.'

For the record, I havent received my membership card, or my pack yet... :(

To be honest the club could give us a paper hat. I take it as being a means of getting a ticket to see the games and also a donation to the club. Anything else that we receive is a bonus. I don't think you should look at a membership as a value proposition.

Thanks for the indepth description. Call me slow but for the life of me I still can't figure out what this 'Pashmina' has to do with the Bulldogs membership kit - besides it's in there.

In surveying bulldog members throughout the year, consistent feedback was received that members wanted to vary the merchandise they received from year to year as everyone had wardrobes full of scarves and hats.

In response the club choose to offer the ladies a pashmina, as well as inlcuding the option to upgrade/add a members polo.

Early indications are than next year female members will be offered the option of a matching twin set in red white and blue:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went into the new Bulldogs shop and looks good. Plenty off members coming in to pick up there hats and scarfs. Seen Higgins, Murphy, Coon, and Hudson come in and boy did Higgins look like he put on some bulk.

Bully.

I picked mine up on Friday night - it is quite thin but I will use as I am a scarf person.

The label says: Acrylic - Made in China

Don't grizzle about the caps and other things from the Dogs. I am a Melbourne Victory member and they only give you a few lousy stickers.

Don't grizzle about the caps and other things from the Dogs. I am a Melbourne Victory member and they only give you a few lousy stickers.

I don't think anyone is grizzling. We'd all still be members even if you got nothing besides entry to home games. But I should point out that the little things you get in the membership packages are factored in to the membership price. Sure they are discounted but they still add a dollar here and a dollar there.

34022.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

I picked up ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back