ICC World Twenty20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm not - our bowling looks weak and our batting is hit/miss

Why do you think our bowling looks weak?
I dunno man, Johnson, Starc, Coulter-Nile, one of Watto/Faulkner and one of Muirhead/Hogg looks fantastic in my opinion. It would be hard to split ours and South Africas as to who has the strongest bowling stocks.

Problem with T20, is that really anyone can win it because of its nature. By win I am referring to the test playing nations.

Batsmen just need to play a solid innings of 5-6 overs to change a game on its head, similarly a bowler taking a couple of wickets is enough to do damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you think our bowling looks weak?
I dunno man, Johnson, Starc, Coulter-Nile, one of Watto/Faulkner and one of Muirhead/Hogg looks fantastic in my opinion. It would be hard to split ours and South Africas as to who has the strongest bowling stocks.

Our spin bowlers will get smacked around, the pitches will be horribly flat so you have to hope the seamers can get something out of nothing but the batting looks pretty strong even in sub-continental conditions.

Don't like seeing that fraud Christian in the team unless he's there as permanent sub-fielder.

Our spin bowlers will get smacked around, the pitches will be horribly flat so you have to hope the seamers can get something out of nothing but the batting looks pretty strong even in sub-continental conditions.

Don't like seeing that fraud Christian in the team unless he's there as permanent sub-fielder.
Plus Coulter-Nile is quite prone to bowling trash and on those wickets it will be worse. Faulkner in will be better. Johnson seems to somehow bowl well in ODI's/T20's in the subcontinent when you compare it to his test match form.

I'd put money on only one or neither of Bang/Zim qualifying tbh - Shapoor Zadran made the Bangers look silly a couple of weeks back and the Irish have plenty of firepower.

Just got this hunch that HK will do something special, though the Irish probably deserve a spot in the main rounds after the Windies series.

Will we be playing a 4 prong left arm attack?

Thought that I may get the ball rolling so to speak with the ICC World Twenty20 just around the corner.

The first game starts on March 16 D/N and its a thriller - Bangladesh V Afghanistan

Fixtures:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2014/content/series/628368.html?template=fixtures

Squads:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2014/content/squad?object=628368

The test teams start playing on 13th March - with the biggest rivalry in the world:

India V Pakistan.

Im confused... is the first game on 13th or 16th?

Its the only trophy Australia can win, but havent... and now is the time we win it!

Im confused... is the first game on 13th or 16th?

Its the only trophy Australia can win, but havent... and now is the time we win it!

Sorry I stuffed that up!!

The first few games are qualifiers for the lower grade nations - Hong Kong, Bangadlesh, Zimb,Nepal etc to qualify (top 2) against the top nations ie the top 8
Aust,NZ,Eng,SA,Pakis,SL,WI,Ind

1st Match - Bangladesh v Afghanistan
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
16th March

Top 8 start playing -
13th Match
India v Pakistan
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
21st March

Ahh that makes more sence.

Anyone else hoping Afghanistan make it through? I am... after all i believe a lot have been taught by soldiers?

Ahh that makes more sence.

Anyone else hoping Afghanistan make it through? I am... after all i believe a lot have been taught by soldiers?

Afgh have got a descent team, played well in the Asia Cup.

But they will have to beat the big guns in Banga, Ireland and Zimb to get through! :p

All jokes aside a strong cricket world is for the betterment of the game, make no doubt about that.

I would love to see Banga, Ireland or Zimb do something special. Out of all those teams, Banga is the most likely to cause an upset at the tournament being the home side too.

Not beyond the realms of possibility of causing a calamity upset.:oops:

Sri Lanka have to be favourites for this. They come in ranked no.1 and regular finalists at these ICC tournaments. Our team looks strong on paper but a lot of the first choice team haven't played much together in this format, as usually they get rested to give the second stringers an opportunity. Will be interesting to see if they can gel together. ? over our bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back