Autopsy If any of you are still alive we are into the Granny!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's say to say majority of people now want us to lose next week lol.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not from what I can tell. But you hug that underdog status if it makes you happy.

Either way we need to turn up or we'll get smashed like the Cats

Last edited:
I take your point fair enough but after a few times I was crying out for him to just make a contest because it wasn’t working and never did. Doesn’t mean that it would have been any better result if he Had of, of course but I felt
That last half our ruck work was an issue. Their sub in Freddy Krueger I thought did a good job as a part timer at best.

oh yeah, but i think it all goes back to losing reid
and why even a fit amartey, if it comes to it, can't do what a fit reid does
he's become that important, and part of that is his ruckwork ... he's become an x factor in this team
heeney most likely wouldn't have been doing it at all were reid still in the game, but i reckon reid still in the game at that stage and we'd have maintained a several-goal advantage, we were cutting them up when he was on the field

He owes a couple of goals still 😂

The umpires had it in for him.

He's a playmaker off half back, he has the best left foot I've seen since Dal Santo.

Chris Scott will be working furiously right now to find ways to shut down the Lizard.

media will focus on best side hanging on all day ..... ohView attachment 1510888
Oh I wouldn’t worry too much about that nonsense. Is there anything more pointless and futile than whinging about free kicks & umps decisions? Best team won – says so on the scoreboard. Sometimes you get the rub of the green – sometimes not. It’s sport. Suck it up. Anyway, knock those Cats off next week! Best wishes.

Him going off tonight really *ed us but there's a difference between losing a player like him before the game vs losing a player like him during a game. I'll back the coaching staff to work it out if he doesn't get up. Massive loss no doubt but we can cover it.
Losing Reid AND his skill set is what f***ed us.
Left us a ruck down and no one to take those clutch marks.

Its why I have been calling for the selection of Amartey but very few people agree.

Pendlebury was so good

He really is one heck of a player with ridiculous time and skill to put it to advantage.

I have to admire the guy

(Easier to do when you win but so be it)
Pendles was epic in the final qtr. He somehow found space, noone tackled him, pin pointed kicks. One of the very reasons Pies got so close in the end.

Oh I wouldn’t worry too much about that nonsense. Is there anything more pointless and futile than whinging about free kicks & umps decisions? Best team won – says so on the scoreboard. Sometimes you get the rub of the green – sometimes not. It’s sport. Suck it up. Anyway, knock those Cats off next week! Best wishes.
Was an epic game. Both teams pressure was immense, and felt it was played the right way. Knew you're guys were going to come at us but thought we'd have more composure.

Best of luck next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work by defence in those last three minutes to keep Elliot under wraps. First Blakey then Rampe. They were wrapped on him like a wet blanket.

the tackling under pressure without giving away many free kicks was outstanding ...
gulden also great
and generally, i thought blakey was a positive overall ... he copped some criticism but he was busting a gut to the end, did some really important things late

There are going to be some interesting selection calls.

If Reid is fit enough to play, do you play a backup ruck as sub? If so, Amartey is probably the best option. If Reid is fine, do you keep Campbell as sub?

If Reid is out, do you play McLean or Amartey? I’d lean towards Amartey for structure, though it seems like McLean was favoured by coaches as an emmergency recently. If we go with McLean, I’d almost think it would be better to also bring Amartey in for McDonald for structural purposes - but I can’t see that happening. I hope Amartey.

Horse also made some comments about Clarke after the game tht we’re unusual. The journalist thought Clarke had a good game but Horse immediately said that Daicos got free in the second half. Horse also said that he wasn’t sure what would happen with Geelong this week. It was hard to tell if his thinking was scattered and he was no longer thinking about Clarke when he said it.

I hope Clarke stays in - I think he deserves to and we saw what happened when we took him out for the Essendon game. I am also not sure who he would go out for? Wicks or Ronke? Maybe we would go tall with both Amartey and Reid starting? I hope not.

Fantastic attitude but we are still whinging about that exact thing from the 2016 Grand Final (me very much included)

Anyway appreciate the comments know it’s not easy thing to do.

How annoying were the commentators who couldn’t realise the 50 was because Ginnevan deliberately pretended to not know the 9 metre from the goal line rule.

He absolutely ran forward as if he didn’t realise so the correct call was made.

However, in the context of the season I think that’s the first time they’ve not called the guy back in that situation even though I’ve been hoping they would as it’s easily a tactic by now.

Thanks ump 12 you made up for Meredith and his non Swans calls for their incorrect disposal Over and over.
Hope Meredith is not in the GF

Oliver Florent and Sam Wicks have the same norm smith odds...

I am so proud of guys like Clarke and Fox who are unsung heroes going to a GF

Not that everyone else doesn’t deserve praise but it’s the progression of the fringe that makes the difference with evenly matched teams.
How good was Clarke's disposal? Was heart in mouth stuff every time but seemed like he always did the right thing even under extreme pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back