If Grant retires at the end of the season...

Remove this Banner Ad

stalker

Rookie
Sep 29, 2003
Other Teams
Bulldogs
If Grant retires at the end of the season, throw the $500,000 his contract will free up at Luke Ball who is coming out of one. The chances of him coming to the Bulldogs are pretty slim I admit, but I don't see any harm in trying.

I hope Grant plays on.

He's a champ, he's still a terrific player, and we need him as much as ever.

If he does retire (which I don't even want to comtemplate) then spend the money on a new coaching set up.

We spend $437k now on the coaching panel so if we add another $300 - 400k on some decent coaches and we might just prosper.

Whatever is left put back into the playing group along with the additional funds freed up after we delist Garlick, Harrison, Wiggins and Croft :( . We might even be able to attract a decent player as well.

Please Chris dont retire, dont you see how much this team has lifted with you in it?

Also agree with Aquamarinejewel, the man has to reach 300 games, if he falls short I will cry. :(

Originally posted by Leon
Also agree with Aquamarinejewel, the man has to reach 300 games, if he falls short I will cry. :(

Leon, we will cry together if he doesn't reach 300 games...hey maybe that little kid that gave him the 20c to stay at the doggies when Pt Adel came knocking..might be able to persuade him to stay another season.

Come on Doc-Garlick is our future!

As for Chris playing him anywhere on the backline and he will star. Maybe even as a 3rd tall on the forward line.

I suppose all doggies fan don't want him to retire but I we should all respect his decision. A great servant of the club. Good luck Chris.

Originally posted by Aquamarinejewel
Leon, we will cry together if he doesn't reach 300 games...hey maybe that little kid that gave him the 20c to stay at the doggies when Pt Adel came knocking..might be able to persuade him to stay another season.

Mate the day he retires I'll be taking compassionate leave from work to help get over the pain.

The thing with Grant is not just an emotional attachment, he is still a VERY valuable player in our side. Even at his age and with the majority of the team not even half awake last week, he still managed to give Barry Hall, one of the most dangerous forwards in the comp, an absolute hiding.

He is arguably the best player in the comp for filling in a hole in defense, and can still take a gutsy mark in a pack. His movement this year has done enough to suggest he could do at least another year.

Please Chris, do it for US. If not, then do it for ME.

Originally posted by Ching
Come on Doc-Garlick is our future!

I think it is time to move on from bagging Garlick.

Grant will continue. He is so important it is not funny. Last Saturday night be beat his man. If the balance of the team had his courage, commitment, skill and determination we would be a top 4 side. All hail the great man......

He could go on and take Dougies games record. 2 more seasons is not out of the question.

Go the great man......

Originally posted by Ipaidmy200in89
I think it is time to move on from bagging Garlick.
I'm encouraging him.:)

If Grant's heart isn't in it then why would anyone want him to play. He doesn't play for the money so he got to want for the love to play on next year.

I think if Grant can physically get through this year the lure of 300 games will be too great to ignore.

Potentially it could be a win win for Grant & the club. He may decide to give something back to the club and play for a much reduced fee.

He might pick up that elusive premiership medal that is also missing from his brownlow / Premiership medal cabinet.

Nothing wrong with his engine he's a Rolls Royce..;)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Grant retires at the end of the season...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back