If Mark Harvey was still your coach, would Mitch Clark now be a Docker?

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said, just asking.

But strong word is the answer is Yes.

Ross Lyons track record as head coach while his club trades is remarkably poor. Can't help but feel for Mitch in all this. He's the innocent victim here.

i don't think Lyon was very involved in the saints trading, and kept his nose out of our trading and has said as much. i don't feel sorry for mitch. he made his own decision, one was moral, the other was financial. he might have the blessing of his family, but he's far from a victim.

As I said, just asking.

But strong word is the answer is Yes.

If Harvey insisted on getting him at any price it would have only been to save his own job. This is a stupid thread. He was a dumb coach and we got rid of him. Who cares about what a dumb coach would have done.

Ross Lyons track record as head coach while his club trades is remarkably poor. Can't help but feel for Mitch in all this. He's the innocent victim here.

Why are so many players wanting out of Brissie ?

Is it because Crazy Voss is such a shit coach

Or is it the lifestyle

Why would you feel for Mitch? He is the one who wanted to go, with no complete guarantees that he would get traded to us. Then he just took the money offer instead.

Why are so many players wanting out of Brissie ?

Is it because Crazy Voss is such a shit coach

Or is it the lifestyle

One player this year? :confused: every interstate team experiences the go home factor... You more than most know that.

Why would you feel for Mitch? He is the one who wanted to go, with no complete guarantees that he would get traded to us. Then he just took the money offer instead.

I feel for him bc he wanted to go home to Perth and play for his beloved Dockers, so he could care for his sick grandmother and house his jailbird cousin. And you guys wanted him, too. It was going to be a really happy story. It would seem he's the victim of some Ross Lyon hopeless trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for him bc he wanted to go home to Perth and play for his beloved Dockers, so he could care for his sick grandmother and house his jailbird cousin. And you guys wanted him, too. It was going to be a really happy story. It would seem he's the victim of some Ross Lyon hopeless trading.
You realise it has nothing to do with Ross Lyon? He isn't in charge of trading. That is Chris Bond. We wanted him, but were not prepared to sell our future for him like we have done previously. Brisbane wanted too much, then Clark wanted to much. I don't feel sorry for anyone except Melbourne fans because they got an unfulfilled talent and are paying him boat loads.

Actually, Mitch has screwed Brisbane if anything. If it was about the highest money offer including Melbourne clubs, Brisbane may have done even better with other clubs bidding to push up the trade.

Freo can't win. We pay too much for players... we don't pay enough for players.

I just think everyone feels threatened by the Dockers. Passionate fans, great culture, financially strong etc while other clubs hover slightly above poverty. Jealousy is a curse.

You realise it has nothing to do with Ross Lyon? He isn't in charge of trading. That is Chris Bond. We wanted him, but were not prepared to sell our future for him like we have done previously. Brisbane wanted too much, then Clark wanted to much. I don't feel sorry for anyone except Melbourne fans because they got an unfulfilled talent and are paying him boat loads.

You just gotta laugh at people who think a guy is going to walk into a club and a week later be in charge of who we trade and who we don't. Our trading plan would have been set well and truly before Lyon was signed.

And as far as Mitch being a victim; if getting a butt-load of cash for being slightly above average at your job is victimisation then sign me up!

I'm sorry, but fail to buy into the theory that the Senior Coach of an AFL Football Club has absolutely no input into the trading of players to and from the Club. It's a ridiculous theory, actually.

What I'm hearing is Lyon is already throwing his weight around over there, and a culture shift is underway and it's something not everyone is too pleased with.

With Harvey in charge, Clark was a lock for you guys and not on the salary the Demons are paying either. It would have been sown up before that even occured.

With Lyon - not so much......

Good luck with it though guys. Hear you might be getting another WA boy back soon. Clint Jones. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Mark Harvey was still your coach, would Mitch Clark now be a Docker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back