If The best midfielder in the AFL is Black, who is a great oppenent who can stop him

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: If The best midfielder in the AFL is Black, who is a great oppenent who can stop

I must say, I like the way all the Pies supporters are desparately trying to find someone better than Black. Could it be more of that Lion-envy they've been showing for the last couple of years.

(Even as a West Coast supporter I'm not putting Judd>Black ........ yet)

brady rawlings. is fast becoming a good afl midfielder. but can also stop the elite midfielders in the afl ...with his defensive tagging roles.....Also with more experience and afl games michael firrito will become a good defensive player for the roos starting from the up coming season of 2005

DAWS #7 said:
brady rawlings. is fast becoming a good afl midfielder. but can also stop the elite midfielders in the afl ...with his defensive tagging roles.....Also with more experience and afl games michael firrito will become a good defensive player for the roos starting from the up coming season of 2005

i agree. michael firrito has a great defensive side to his game. he proved this in 04 when he totally outplayed and shut down ricciuto in only his 3-4 game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: If The best midfielder in the AFL is Black, who is a great oppenent who can stop

milnedog44 said:
Stephen baker is a very underestimated tagger, however he couldn't play on the likes of Buckley, Black, Voss and the other big and powerfull midfielders as he is a bit smaller

Then it seems like a complete waste of time even mentioning him in the context of this thread then doesn't it?

Tredders66 said:
Kane Cornes has stopped Black many times and unlike Kirk actually win alots of the ball himself aswell.

Duh???

Kane Cornes averaged 18.54 possessions per game in 2004.
Brett Kirk averaged

Pie 4 Life said:
But Black isn't the best midfielder in the comp:
Buckley
Hird
Voss
Judd
Crawford
etc..

Shutup, what has Joffa fed you for the last 3 years. It must not be panadol.
Black is streaks ahead in the midfield battle. Judd is the closest.

Remove this Banner Ad

If The best midfielder in the AFL is Black, who is a great oppenent who can stop him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back