If we don't get Judd....

Remove this Banner Ad

wdgann

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2007
sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
We have picks number 1,3 and 20 PLUS we have no players that deserve a high salary so no salary cap issues

If we can't pick up Judd, we have serious problems. It shows either a lack of pulling power AND a lack of negotiation skills amongst senior management

And I am sick of those posts from people saying they would rather draft picks than Judd. Take at look at all the past drafts and see who was picked up as number 1 and 3. You will see that Judd beats all hands down

AND take a look at some of our recent top 10 draft picks; Livingstone, Kennedy, Walker, Massie, Russell. NONE of them can are or will be top line players

We have picks number 1,3 and 20 PLUS we have no players that deserve a high salary so no salary cap issues

If we can't pick up Judd, we have serious problems. It shows either a lack of pulling power AND a lack of negotiation skills amongst senior management

And I am sick of those posts from people saying they would rather draft picks than Judd. Take at look at all the past drafts and see who was picked up as number 1 and 3. You will see that Judd beats all hands down

AND take a look at some of our recent top 10 draft picks; Livingstone, Kennedy, Walker, Massie, Russell. NONE of them can are or will be top line players

exactly we NEED judd

It shows nothing of the sort.

It shows that someone else is closer to glory.

Dont forget we've been shizen for years thanks to mismanagement over the last decade. Some things can be fixed with cash, some cant.

Have faith that 1 and 3 will drive the new era forward.

The more my head spins about this the more I keep thinking he'll go to Collingwood...

I think we have enough good youngsters that can step up in future. Besides, we'll keep number 1 and hopefully get Judd also. Look at some of the great players found much lower in the draft, hopefully we can pick up a few gems.

Put it this way, you only have to ask yourself one question to realise we need Judd. 'If he came to Carlton would he be the captain?' The answer is defitely yes and i believe we need to get him. Our midfield lacks leadership, Murphy is always getting the #1 tag and this has inhibited his development. Senior leadership in the midfield is crucial to any team that is striving for glory. Every team that has won a Grand Final has had a huge driving force in the midfield which enables good run, good delivery to the forwards, good performance from the players.

Next year Nick Stevens will be back, so our midfield would look like this.

Simpson Murphy Gibbs
Judd Stevens

Now that is a midfield that can in a few years, win us a premiership. I urge all Carlton fans to realise that this is no ordinary player, this is a player that can change the whole performance of a team. This is a pivitol time in our clubs future and if we don't get Judd then our development will take just that much longer. I truly hope the board and Dick Pratt come together with Chris and work out a deal for the sake of our footy club and the future of the Carlton Blues.

My two cents.

'If he came to Carlton would he be the captain?' The answer is defitely yes

Should he choose to come to us, then he is captain material but he shouldn't be captain. He shouldn't be captain at whatever club he goes to. He's earnt nationwide respect at the Eagles but needs to earn it at the club he's ends up at.

If we don't get Judd it will be more to do with his assessment of our playing list than a lack of pulling power or negotiation skills. The only thing we are able to sell to Judd is hope. He has made it clear that he wants to join a club that has a chance of success in the near future. Does he think Carlton has enough potential that he could pull them all the way to the top? Or does he think Collingwood are nearly there & he can get them over the line? I suggest this may be what Judd will be looking at.

:) There is a bit of a rumor around that Judd's Mother works for Visy and has just received a very big ($**000) pay rise. I wonder if this has anything to do with last Thursday's meeting at Raheen and Judd coming to Carlton.

Watch this space it could be interesting.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

are you serious? Judd will go to Collingwood. The facitilies at Optus Oval are disgraceful...Carlton has serious problems in spite of not picking up Judd.

Carlton are screwed either way if they get Judd of pick up the high draft picks, they've been broke for along time and they won't afford the big headed high draft picks in a few years.

Carlton should take a hard long look at their recruiment manager AND just bite the bullet and start winning some games.

How many teams have won premierships with top 3 draft picks the past 15 years? not many...

You're best having a wad of middle of road players trying their guts out instead of relying on 2 or 3 good players. That's why Brisbane won 3 premierships in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you serious? Judd will go to Collingwood. The facitilies at Optus Oval are disgraceful...Carlton has serious problems in spite of not picking up Judd.

Carlton are screwed either way if they get Judd of pick up the high draft picks, they've been broke for along time and they won't afford the big headed high draft picks in a few years.

Carlton should take a hard long look at their recruiment manager AND just bite the bullet and start winning some games.

How many teams have won premierships with top 3 draft picks the past 15 years? not many...

You're best having a wad of middle of road players trying their guts out instead of relying on 2 or 3 good players. That's why Brisbane won 3 premierships in a row.

and who asked you ?? when we need handbaggers trolling on our board then feel free to waffle on with your totally incorrect garbage ..until then feck off back to your own board and continue your premature ejaculations ...lets hope the handbaggers don't choke this week ..they showed signs of it against a very ordinary Collingwood side . Port must have been licking their lips watching your lot play like deer caught in headlights .

Ohhh look... is that a dead roo on the side of the road... there's your dinner for tonight... roadkill stew

And while you are at it, you'll be happy to know that your girlfriend BaaBraa is over the paddock on the other side of the fence looking for you.

while you are at it... 44 years sucker... always a team of chokers,

now **** off

If we don't get Judd it will be more to do with his assessment of our playing list than a lack of pulling power or negotiation skills. The only thing we are able to sell to Judd is hope. He has made it clear that he wants to join a club that has a chance of success in the near future. Does he think Carlton has enough potential that he could pull them all the way to the top? Or does he think Collingwood are nearly there & he can get them over the line? I suggest this may be what Judd will be looking at.

He may also prefer the greater challenge -taking Collingwood from a prelim to a flag would seem almost insignificant as an achievement when compared to being the saviour who brought the greatest club out of its darkest period and lead it back to its rightful position as the powerhouse club of the competition.

Great players achieve great feats.

Judd will end up at Collingwood.

Eddie has more to offer Judd and Rebecca off field than we do.

One problem I see with getting Judd is that he does not fill that big key position defender roll that we desperatly need.

JMT

Rob

Judd will end up at Collingwood.

Eddie has more to offer Judd and Rebecca off field than we do.

One problem I see with getting Judd is that he does not fill that big key position defender roll that we desperatly need.

JMT

Rob

No... but he will ease the pressure on the defence by supplying a major assist in the midfield where the ball is coming from in the first place.

It will allow the good young defenders we have now to settle properly and become an excellent defence.

:) There is a bit of a rumor around that Judd's Mother works for Visy and has just received a very big ($**000) pay rise. I wonder if this has anything to do with last Thursday's meeting at Raheen and Judd coming to Carlton.

Watch this space it could be interesting.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Well, there's something I hadn't heard before.

Say what:eek: The Lions had guns from line to line.
Without the salary cap concessions they would have struggled to keep the group together. They were a star studded line-up that also had a great team ethos that will go down as one of the best units in the games history.

As far from a team of battlers as you could probably get:D

What about adding Murphy and gibbs to the list and i dont have a problem with Kennedy or Walker. I want Judd just like everyone else, but who cares if we dont get him, im happy with pick 1 and 3 and Carlton has new recruitment staff from the ones who picked livingston, wiggins etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't get Judd....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back