If you're going to abuse a telemarketer...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a telemarketer call us about an hour ago. I answered the phone for my parents & I ended up being on there for 20mins!! :eek:
It was really funny & my whole family were pissing themselves laughing.
He was trying to sell me some free holiday thing so I asked him if he watches Home & Away? I had to repeat myself several times blah blah blah. eventually he asked me where I wanted to go on my holiday, I told him Summer Bay.... as in the place in Home & Away.... this went on for ages & I told him I wanted to meet Sally, he thought I was talking about a place :confused: & I said I wanted to stay in the Diner, up the top... (if you know H&A , you'll know what I mean...;))
Apparently I'm not allowed to take my dog to the hotel, but I can take my cat & Goldfish (because he wants to go for a swim at the beach... :p)
He asked me if I was over 18 & I asked my parents out loud, even though I'm not, I said I was.
He then asked me my name, I said it was Joe Bloggs. & asked me what address I wanted the package to be sent, I said "In the gutter outside Macdonalds" he beleived me, I said I lived in Yabbie Creek (from H&A) in Western Aust. Then he asked for my number, Hello dude, you just called me I think you already have my number!! :rolleyes:
It went on a bit longer.... I was trying to control my laughter while talking to him.

In the end he said that I shouldn't be wasting his time blah blah blah.... :rolleyes: Dude, you called me... then say I'm wasting YOUR time!

I was extremely disapointed that he didn't want to keep talking to me.... it was fun!

The best time with a telemarketer ever! I thoroughly enjoyed myself! :D

Had another one last night...again a "free holiday".

5 nights, six days on a secluded island, all meals included (not drinks)...you only pay for flights everything else included.

No catch, they just make their money on grog sales...(compulsory parties, activities etc, all alcohol fuelled).

Now if I was 10 years younger....

I wouldn't mind them if they took no for an answer.

When I politely say "no thank you I'm not interested" I don't mean "please continue to talk and try and sell me something, I would like to hear your offer"
Depends on the tone of voice. A few times I've taken a "No, I'm not interested" and gotten a sale out of it. Generally you can tell if it's worth it to keep trying or just not bother.

If they keep trying after I have politely declined they can expect that politeness to cease.
If you're genuinely not interested and they keep trying best thing to do would be to just hang up. There are a lot of idiots in the telemarketing industry, as there is with all industries.

Must be a tough job mate. Now I understand why the quality of your posts is so average in the umpiring / footy department :D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, just a low life!

Last time I had one call I had the girl in tears saying "I'm just doing my job"

She had a offer of a free phone, at $49 a month on a cap.

I said "oh free phone, awesome send it to my address, I can use a second phone, cool for nothing"

she went on to say "ok, you pay $49 now"

I said "no you said you are giving me a free phone, that means I pay nothing ever, thats what free means"

This went on for about 10 minutes while I had everyone at work laughing.

in the end I looked up the word free and starting quoting that.

i'm pissing myself just thinking about you doing that at work, you'd be the most popular person there by far. glad you don't work for my, i'd have to pay you extra for the comedy routines and i'd never get any work done because i'd be cracking up laughing at you and your harebrained antics. classic :rolleyes:

Zarko
be more than happy to meet you in person

i'll come along with him just to give you my regards too hero.

The problem with hanging up straight away is that most people people don't want to be rude. Most people are inherently nice, and telemarketing takes advantage of this.

For someone who knows how to talk well, it's easy to politely decline the advances of a telemarketer, but for the young, innocent, doe-eyed citizens, the telemarketer rapes them savagely.

The telemarketer trying to persuade the customer to expose her credit card number is like a child predator trying to persuade a minor to expose her private parts.

i've found when we get telemarketer calls, the dialler or whatever it is takes a few seconds to connect me to the telemarketer... when that's the case i hang up straight away before i've even spoken to anyone... if they speak to me straight away well then i just give a polite not interested, and hang up...

but we went on the don't call list, and rarely get a call now... we'd get 5 a day, now maybe 1 a week, not even...

Simple 'sorry, I'm not interested' and hang up tends to do the job.

I simply say "no" and hang up before they can say anything else.

Once someone called back and pretended that they thought that the line was lost but I soon set them straight by saying "Yes - I did hang up on you on purpose" and hung up again.

The trouble is, it is always early evening which is right when I really don't want strangers calling me up. I'm usually spending time with my little boy - I don't want someone wasting my time. It really is crappy behavior.

The worst ones are the Charities which take you on this big guilt trip.

Me: "Sorry, but I don't really want to have to sell raffle tickets"
them: "You mean you don't want to save childrens lives?"
Me: "um..."
Them: "C'mon, all you have to do is sell 30 raffle tickets at $2 each. It'll make such a huge difference to these porr childrens lives"
Me: "I know that, but I also know that none of my mates are going to buy any, and I don't want to have to donate $60 to you guys"
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back