HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I heard Chris Davies the other day on 5aa saying he doesn't understand why that human sausage cRowie said that we are all-in next season after our trade period. His reasoning was we picked up a young highly rated talent in JHF and our number of first rd draft picks in the lat few years so we're not putting all our chips in next year.

I feel dirty for saying this but I'm with cRowie on this one. Make no mistake, we are all-in next year. Yeah we snagged a highly rated young prospect for the future in JHF, but he should be making an immediate impact with what we've given up. We also signed up a 27 year old with a questionable history, we've delisted some young players and resigned a 27 year old journeyman vanilla contributor. We talked the big talk about premierships, we've stuck with our coach with huge question marks hanging over his credentials and tenure. So you're damn right we're all in next year.
Chris Scott had huge questions over his head too, honestly he pretty much inherited his first premiership taking over an already champion team, but in the 10 years that followed he was similar to Hinkley, very competitive but when crunch time came they came up short again and again. Geelong stuck with him and he rewarded them.

Next year is either going to be Ken's last year as Port Adelaide coach, or he will be a premiership coach. Read that again slowly and tell yourself that is a fact. I much prefer the second possibility, so myself, my mum, Dad and the boys down at the biscuit factory have decided we are putting our energy towards that outcome.
We have a bright future afterwards for sure, but next year is all-in and I'm really not sure how Chris Davies can say otherwise. We have the cattle to do it, we have a coach that has had enough time to take this team where he wants to, we have two exciting new additions to the team that gives us a new dynamic, so this is it.

In 2023, in Ken we Trust 💪

In 2024, we re-assess.

I think it's time to give the negativity a bit of a break, I'm actually getting pretty sick of coming here to be honest, it's like a circle of depression sometimes. We should be excited about 2023, because either way we as fans are going to be winners. We win the premiership, or we start fresh with a new coach in '24.

YES WE KEN!!!

POWER!
CLAP CLAP CLAP
POWER!
CLAP CLAP CLAP
POWER
CLAP CLAP CLAP

LET'S GO BUTTERSY, BOAKY, WINESY, ROZEEY AND HORNE-FRANCISY! KICK IT DOWN TO TODDY AND BIG DIXY FOR SOME SAUSAGE ROLLS.

LET'S GO BURTO, AND FAZ. LÁSER IT FROM HALF BACK AND GET STUCK IN TO SOME REBOUNDING SMASH FISTS AND PENETRATIVE THRUST MOVEMENTS TO OUR FORWARD ORIENTATED WING SPIELERE. WHO WILL IN TURN CHUCK IT ON THEIR BOOTS FOR A FORWARD 50 PENETRATIVE OFFENSIVE DRIVE.

CARRRNNNN THE PEARRRRR

YES WE KEN!!!

POWER!
CLAP CLAP CLAP
POWER!
CLAP CLAP CLAP
POWER
CLAP CLAP CLAP

LET'S GO BUTTERSY, BOAKY, WINESY, ROZEEY AND HORNE-FRANCISY! KICK IT DOWN TO TODDY AND BIG DIXY FOR SOME SAUSAGE ROLLS.

LET'S GO BURTO, AND FAZ. LÁSER IT FROM HALF BACK AND GET STUCK IN TO SOME REBOUNDING SMASH FISTS AND PENETRATIVE THRUST MOVEMENTS TO OUR FORWARD ORIENTATED WING SPIELERE. WHO WILL IN TURN CHUCK IT ON THEIR BOOTS FOR A FORWARD 50 PENETRATIVE OFFENSIVE DRIVE.

CARRRNNNN THE PEARRRRR
25B79680-C79E-4C47-980F-9E281A9D79C1.jpeg

Next year is either going to be Ken's last year as Port Adelaide coach, or he will be a premiership coach. Read that again slowly and tell yourself that is a fact.

For the first time Ken goes into next year without another extension under his belt, which gives me an extension under my belt.

Last edited:
For the first time Ken goes into next year without another extension under his belt, which gives me an extension below my belt.
He'll get a 2 year extension once we start the season 2-0 against North away and a home showdown which according to Ken will be "the best two wins we've ever had"

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

I heard Chris Davies the other day on 5aa saying he doesn't understand why that human sausage cRowie said that we are all-in next season after our trade period. His reasoning was we picked up a young highly rated talent in JHF and our number of first rd draft picks in the lat few years so we're not putting all our chips in next year.

I feel dirty for saying this but I'm with cRowie on this one. Make no mistake, we are all-in next year. Yeah we snagged a highly rated young prospect for the future in JHF, but he should be making an immediate impact with what we've given up. We also signed up a 27 year old with a questionable history, we've delisted some young players and resigned a 27 year old journeyman vanilla contributor. We talked the big talk about premierships, we've stuck with our coach with huge question marks hanging over his credentials and tenure. So you're damn right we're all in next year.
Chris Scott had huge questions over his head too, honestly he pretty much inherited his first premiership taking over an already champion team, but in the 10 years that followed he was similar to Hinkley, very competitive but when crunch time came they came up short again and again. Geelong stuck with him and he rewarded them.

Next year is either going to be Ken's last year as Port Adelaide coach, or he will be a premiership coach. Read that again slowly and tell yourself that is a fact. I much prefer the second possibility, so myself, my mum, Dad and the boys down at the biscuit factory have decided we are putting our energy towards that outcome.
We have a bright future afterwards for sure, but next year is all-in and I'm really not sure how Chris Davies can say otherwise. We have the cattle to do it, we have a coach that has had enough time to take this team where he wants to, we have two exciting new additions to the team that gives us a new dynamic, so this is it.

In 2023, in Ken we Trust 💪

In 2024, we re-assess.

I think it's time to give the negativity a bit of a break, I'm actually getting pretty sick of coming here to be honest, it's like a circle of depression sometimes. We should be excited about 2023, because either way we as fans are going to be winners. We win the premiership, or we start fresh with a new coach in '24.

YES WE KEN!!!

POWER!
CLAP CLAP CLAP
POWER!
CLAP CLAP CLAP
POWER
CLAP CLAP CLAP

CARRRNNNN THE PEARRRRR
I'll agree with one point - I'm also sick of the negativity. But honestly, how can we truly generate any positivity about a coach who's failed so many times, hoping he finally guides us to a grand final at the 11th attempt? There's probably more chance of JHF winning a popularity contest on the North board.

For the first time Ken goes into next year without another extension under his belt, which gives me an extension below my belt.
Wrong.

He didn't have an extension lined up in 2020 either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can we be all in?

We have replaced Robbie Gray with Fat Willie Rioli after a 2 year holiday - DOWNGRADE
We have replaced Amon with Horne-Francis which is a DOWNGRADE FOR 12 MONTHS

This with a team that's come up short and with aging stars but with youngsters that will be at their best in a couple years.

We are building for another huge crack in a couple years with a new coach.

Hinkley however is ALL IN.

We'll finish 9th or 10th, and Ken will get another contract "as he's great for the young playing group coming through".

Then in 2025 when we're slowly inching up the ladder, Koch will point to the results and extend Ken again "You can't win premierships overnight. You have to back him in"

Yeah, JHF won't make a 10 ladder position difference next year. I think we underachieved last year, and should push into the 8 with the talent we have on the list, but we still have glaring difficiencies in defence, ruck issues and a dud coach with thread bare assistants.
It wouldn't take much for a substantial spike though, coupled with a soft draw the comp isn't that deep at the top end imo.

Couldn't disagree more with this. I'd say we are less all in than most sides in the AFL, and arguably less all in than we've been since 2012.

All in was getting a flag out of Ebert, Gray, Watts, Westhoff, Motlop, Rockliff, Boak, Dixon. That was our all in, back in 2019, and we failed to capitalise.

Right now virtually none of our players are hitting their peak 26-29 period. Just look at the high ceiling players on our list:
Rozee - 22
Butters - 22
JHF - 19
Houston - 25
Burton - 25
Powell-Pepper - 24
Sinn - 19
Marshall - 24
Jones - 20
Farrell - 23
Hayes - 23
Pickett - 21
MG - 20
Bergman - 20

The only guaranteed 22 blokes currently in that window are Wines, Finlayson, Aliir, Fantasia and Rioli.

If we do manage to miraculously score a flag next year it could set us up for a genuine era of dominance with what we've done.

2020 and 2021 was ours for the taking but we failed.
Our list is set up for our next tilt
2024 no Dixon,Lycett,Jonas,McKenzie and possibly Boak.
Thats a huge hole to fill
Dixon and Boak we can cover the other 3 we need players to step up this season and take their spots

I like this post because it recognises that we can win the flag next year and for bringing the positivity we need to make it happen.

I dislike it at the same time for calling us all-in when we're very clearly not. All-in is giving up all your chips if it goes wrong. It's committing to the now at the cost of the future. We aren't in that position though, we have a very young core and are not bringing in old players like Geelong has done.

We can and should be aiming to win the flag next year, but nothing we've done will hurt our chances the year after either.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all in next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back