I'm going to go sleep it off before i get banned but ...

Remove this Banner Ad

If they were consistent then we would have no real reasons to complain, but Kangaroos got alot of soft frees in their forward line, and we didn't get them for similar indiscretions. Clinton Young should've got the arm chopping in the 3rd qtr.

But there's a few things, non-umpire related, that I think was costly.

1. Roughhead's miss in the 3rd quarter. He seriously needs work on his goal kicking. I know it was a difficult angle for a left footer, but that was a shocker.

2. When we pressured the Roos and caused a turnover, we were swarming into our 50 with loose players but Vandenberg fumbled, Roos rebounded and scored.

As good as our forwards have been this year, goal kicking is really letting the team down.

I'm all for giving the umpires a spray when your team loses, especially during finals.

But I hate hearing how Hawthorn were robbed tonight and that North only won because of the umpiring. This is BS, maybe if we won < 1 goal, you might have a strong argument but we won convincingly.

Hawks had a great win last week, very lucky to be in the semis...I would lap it up...not like the idiot hawks supporter who threw his scarf off the third level ponsford after the final siren....you are an idiot mate who ever you are...:thumbsdown:

I think that you're right, it's definitely therapeutic giving the umpires a spray... almost part of the game. And I don't think that you guys won because of the umpiring, but, I have to say that I think it was a farely big part.

I commented to one of my mates that when we were down by 24 points in the last term, that margin wasthe exact difference of the goals that were kicked directly from free kicks/50m penalties. That's right, there were 4 of them. Whils tthe margin in the end the end was greater than 4 goals, to have that sort of thing go against you completely changes the momentum of the game and rips the heart out of the team. Which is why it's so disapointing to see it happen on a semi-regular basis.

I was watching D4 amateurs today, and the umpires at that level had a better understanding of how to let it go and leave the momentum of the game up to the players themselves!

Bloody hell why are we getting hounded by collingwood and nth melbourne supporters after a bad finals loss? Makes me almost want to barrack for Port. Might pop down to the G next week and support the cats lol.

3 years ago we finished the season with 5 wins. NO ONE expected us to make the 8 this year let alone a semi final.

The umpiring was shocking.

Quite often our momentum was halted by a North free that resulted in a goal.
It was incredibly frustrating.

Also, I can't stand the free kicks that opposition teams get at a centre bounce against us. WTF are we doing wrong?

You could argue the case that every free kick they received was justified. My question then is, where were our bloody frees for exactly the same thing!

Can't use the umpires as an excuse, we butchered the ball and brought it into forward 50 very poorly.

Good teams don't need the umpiring to win matches.

We were beaten. And well.

We just have to take our lumps and get on with it in 2008

We were incredibly poor last night, the umpires just compounded it alot more. It makes a huge difference where free kicks get paid. The only kicks we tended to win from the umps were across the half back line.

What was up with Hodgey? He seemed hurt and had no impact on the game at all. If he went in like that and either he or the club new than its bloody poor leadership from him (self indulgement may I add) and or poor decision making from the coaching staff/selectors aswell. Surely Ben McGlynn would have been a more sensible option?:(

AFL conspiracy!!! We didn't rol over and die in 1996 - and they (AFL) seem intent on making us pay - they don't want the HAWKS to succeed simple as that. :mad:

We were incredibly poor last night, the umpires just compounded it alot more. It makes a huge difference where free kicks get paid. The only kicks we tended to win from the umps were across the half back line.

What was up with Hodgey? He seemed hurt and had no impact on the game at all. If he went in like that and either he or the club new than its bloody poor leadership from him (self indulgement may I add) and or poor decision making from the coaching staff/selectors aswell. Surely Ben McGlynn would have been a more sensible option?:(
this was the difference last night. We got dodgy free's across the half back line they got theirs 20m out straight in front. or in harveys case they brought him to 20m out straight in front....

I agree. It never seems to go our way. Am i being biased? No. Just being a really big Hawthorn supporter.

None the less, we sucked tonight. If we got a better run with the umpires would we have won? Who knows. What i do know is if we played with the heart and passion we did last week we would've won.

Goodnight.

No ones actually mentioned the free kick count of 30-15!!! I don't think you're being biased, stats speak for themselves.

I'm all for giving the umpires a spray when your team loses, especially during finals.

But I hate hearing how Hawthorn were robbed tonight and that North only won because of the umpiring. This is BS, maybe if we won < 1 goal, you might have a strong argument but we won convincingly.

Hawks had a great win last week, very lucky to be in the semis...I would lap it up...not like the idiot hawks supporter who threw his scarf off the third level ponsford after the final siren....you are an idiot mate who ever you are...:thumbsdown:

The most important period was in the third term, i think Roughie had a shot to put us in front, the crowd was completely on our side. Then he missed, the Roos goaled straight away, received a free goaled again and the margin was soon 15 points.

It's hard to judge, we were dicked by the umpires, missed the chances we had to take while you took yours and the end result - a loss. Ithink we were poor and apart from the Roos' intensity and numbers to the ball didn't impress me at all, the 33-point margin in the end was flattering.

How can our foot skills last week, under even more imense pressure be perfect and yet last night be woeful??? We had a bad game, unfortunately in the most important game of the year.

Did you watch the game? The Croad free kick on Edwards was for chopping the arms.

Edwards, what a c**k, the most overly-arrogant player in the league, look at the way he struts, because he won the Liston trophy or something last year. Chop off his d**k not his arms. Did you watch the game? 30 frees to 15. And before you cite the Geelong game remember they had three times as much of the ball so were bound to get that many more frees.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to go sleep it off before i get banned but ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back