IN: Selwood and Djerrkura

Remove this Banner Ad

Tenace MUST play. he will be a gun and he needs 22 games this season not this one week in one week out horse ****

Prismall must play aswell.

Calm yourself on Tenace. He has shown patches of promise this pre-season but the reason he gets dropped is that he's very inconsistant and, like a lot of our team, his disposal is ordinary at best...

Tenace MUST play. he will be a gun.

On this basis every first round draft pick must be playing this week?:rolleyes:

He will get a game when he starts playing like a gun. I reckon it's pretty line ball between Tenace and Byrnes at the mo, and Tenace probably needs a full game in the VFL rather than a half game in the AFL given his preparation to date. My money is on Tenace, Playfair and Djerrkura having a run in the Magoos.

Going on pre-season form Djerkurra and Byrnes are about level but I would put Djerkurra in simply because I think he is more suited to play against the Bulldogs (more accountability, tackling, hitting tall targets and shots at goal).

That said Selwood is ahead of both of them imo.
Lucky for you guys Josh Hunt is on the bench. You guys will win if he dosent play. Worst player in the league for mine.
Are you serious? or are you basing that on that one incident against the Saints?

more importantly here's the team named:

The Geelong line up
B: Tom Harley (cap) – Matthew Scarlett – Corey Enright
HB: David Johnson – Matthew Egan – Darren Milburn
C: David Wojcinski – Jimmy Bartel – Andrew Mackie
HF: Paul Chapman – Cameron Mooney – Shannon Byrnes
F: Charlie Gardiner – Brad Ottens – Gary Ablett
Foll: Mark Blake – Joel Corey – Cameron Ling
Int from: Nathan Ablett, Joel Selwood, Josh Hunt, Nathan Djerrkura, Henry Playfair, Brent Prismall, Kane Tenace.
How can H even make the best 25 (not including injuries). He is terrible and I can see a 5 possy tops and a couple of easy marks dropped type of game if he plays. I would of put Prismall ahead of Woji as well. Apart from that I'm pretty happy with the team.

How can Byrnes get picked ?? The guy was useless at the last start, I shake my head sometimes. The most hilarious
part about his selection is that he is on the HFF, he can't kick straight to save himself. Did you see his running shot
vs. the Lions, from 30mtrs it went straight out on the full. Can someone tell me why he is selected ??

Other than that, not a bad selection, pretty much already guessed that would have panned out that way.

Dj2 is a good selection, this kid will be good for us.

Don't worry, H probably won't be selected.

Playfair, Byrnes and Djerrkura I expect to be the emergencies...unless Josh Hunt doesnt play?...then I hope they play Djerrkura.

Bench...Nathan, Prismall, Selwood, Tenace....Hunt into the 18 for Byrnes.

more importantly here's the team named:

The Geelong line up
B: Tom Harley (cap) – Matthew Scarlett – Corey Enright
HB: David Johnson – Matthew Egan – Darren Milburn
C: David Wojcinski – Jimmy Bartel – Andrew Mackie
HF: Paul Chapman – Cameron Mooney – Shannon Byrnes
F: Charlie Gardiner – Brad Ottens – Gary Ablett
Foll: Mark Blake – Joel Corey – Cameron Ling
Int from: Nathan Ablett, Joel Selwood, Josh Hunt, Nathan Djerrkura, Henry Playfair, Brent Prismall, Kane Tenace.

I would take out "Cheap Possie Charlie", Henry Playfair, Shannon Byrnes & Kane Tenace.

"Cheapy Charlie" Not worthy to be playing a game of such importance

"Henry Playfair" Read above.

"Shannon Byrnes" i would rather see Selwood or Djerrkura in his place

"Kane Tenace" Read above.

I know for a FACT selwood will play. i worked at the geelong function at the park hyatt on thurs night and the mc put bomber on the spot about it and he said that joel will be playing. so hes in my fantasy side. showed some pretty handy clips of joel playing in Nab on the big screen. hawkins is flipping huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playfair, Byrnes and Djerrkura I expect to be the emergencies...unless Josh Hunt doesnt play?...then I hope they play Djerrkura.

Bench...Nathan, Prismall, Selwood, Tenace....Hunt into the 18 for Byrnes.

Byrnes won't be an emergency.He's already named in the starting 18.
There is still a doubt on Hunt's fitness [no big loss].

Calm yourself on Tenace. He has shown patches of promise this pre-season but the reason he gets dropped is that he's very inconsistant and, like a lot of our team, his disposal is ordinary at best...

You obviously didn't see the practice game against Melbourne (the only one Tenace has played) because he was very good. As were Selwood and Prismall. On the other hand, Byrnes was bloody awful.

And I'll repeat this sentence - every disposal Tenace had was accurate and went to a teammate. Including 3 50-metre passes to Nathan Ablett in the last quarter alone. He is miles ahead of Shannon Byrnes and a better player in every way.

I don't think the Byrnes selection is all that surprising given how highly the club rate him (at least, in comparison to the general public).

My preference would see Byrnes, Hunt, and Playfair miss. With Selwood apprently a certainty (alongside Nate and most probably Pris), it seems Tenace or Djerrkura could be the odd one out.

Shannon Byrnes - and so it begins. Stay tuned for more dumbfounding selection decisions throughout 2007.

Basically means that one of Selwood, Prismall or Tenace will miss at his expense. How can that be?

Having Byrnes in for pace is a bit like the Eastern Freeway - you go really fast for a short while and then it gets ****ed up again at the end.

FWIW, I'd have named Tenace in that spot and include Prismall and Selwood. AND I'd select Djekka ahead of Byrnes.

Having Byrnes in for pace is a bit like the Eastern Freeway - you go really fast for a short while and then it gets ****ed up again at the end.

FWIW, I'd have named Tenace in that spot and include Prismall and Selwood. AND I'd select Djekka ahead of Byrnes.

FWIW, i heard a rumor last night that Djidi is the goods for the weekend and that Hunt feels good but is yet to really impress the selectors. Can’t name the player that told me this due to obvious reasons.

Pretty much as expected except I thought Hunt would have been in the starting eighteen "if fit."
Really like Wojcinski on a wing, reckon there or on ball is where he should play all the time.

Toss of the coin between Byrnes, Prismall and Tenace I reckon, with none of them really having cemented a place in the side as yet.

Nathan Ablett, Selwood and Hunt appear certainties on the bench, the fourth choice could be any of the remaining except Playfair, can't believe they'll play him again.

Really think Hawkins should be playing, but he was never a realistic chance so it's no good worrying about it I guess.

A few observations from last night:

The night began with Harley, Sando, Haines and Balme explaining the changes that had been made around the club over the summer. Nothing we haven’t heard before really.

Harley spoke brilliantly and is an exceptional ‘face’ of the team. Sando commented that he wanted to complete his career with the cats with a premiership; even though it would be as coach not player. Haines doesn’t speak terribly well in front of large audiences and was very nervous. Balme is massive, everybody went deadly silent when he spoke and he basically said that he rated the cats highly in 2004-05 and he considered 06 as a glitch year from a team that is more than capable. He said he is happy to be apart of the club.

Bomber was funny when he spoke. Didn’t give much away and kept the hype right down. In essence, he said he really appreciated that the attendees of the function have stuck through the tough times and that membership is about 8% down on the same time last year.

Selwood and Hawkins got up and were asked a few questions. Selwood spoke brilliantly, he is articulate and witty and it’s not hard to see why some have tipped him as future captain. Hawkins on the other hand: “same as Joel” was pretty much all we got from the big… no gigantic man child. He was asked what his favourite food was and replied “pancakes with nutela” at which point the audience broke into hysterics.

Cook kept it short and sweet. Said he was glad we didn’t win the NAB cup and at the end of the year he hopes we have earned back the respect we had at the same time at the end of 2005.

Brilliant function all up and one that I’ll remember for a long time (players were dispersed throughout the audience). Everything mentioned is not 100% accurate as alcohol was supplied in a relentless fashion. Just thought you might be interested.

Saw both of these games and he was average. Got the ball a few times but did sweet stuff all!

2 goals against Port and 20+ possessions against the Tigers? You have high expectations.

I haven't seen much of Tenace's form during the pre-season but if what has been said here is true then I agree he should be in ahead of Byrnes but he's not a fit at HFF. I'd play Tenace ahead of Ling in that case if we didn't need Ling to tag West. If Stokes wasn't suspended I'd have him ahead of Byrnes, the only other real HFF option I can see if Varcoe and I don't think he showed more than Byrnes during the pre-season. Djerrkura could work instead of Byrnes and might be interchanged with Byrnes there, we need quick players who want to tackle to keep the Doggies run out of their back line down.

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: Selwood and Djerrkura

Remove this Banner Ad

Back