Test India v England (5 Tests) + Ind A v Eng Lions (1 Tour Match and 3 FC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Indian batsmen will dominate any spinner who isn’t up to it or doesn’t exploit the conditions effectively.

backing in both Ahmed and Hartley is a gamble.

Depends how bad the pitches are, there been that ordinary of late that Indian batsmen have struggled as well just not as bad as the touring sides, I imagine we will see quite a few sub 200 scores from both sides in this series.

I think Australia would do well to follow England's lead and send a shadow side on tours like this as well, we get better cover for injury and it's great education for the players on tour about Indian conditions.
India A had a series against South Africa A in the previous series. And now it's followed by the England Lions touring India. I love this. Almost feels like club footy, with the reserves and seniors side.

Australia A need to do more of this, only playing NZ A last year I don't think is enough.

I have hypothesized previously an East Asia Pacific Cup (akin to the Asia Cup), featuring Aus A, NZ A and then the seniors teams of the other nations in the EAP area. Or a List A World Cup, features the full members "A" teams and few of the up and coming nations like Ireland, Nepal, Netherlands, Oman, PNG, USA

You can be certain that while Pat Cummins and his Australian team are focused on the 2nd Test against the West Indies, they will be keeping a close watch on this Test series between India and England. Australia plays India in a blockbuster 5 Test series in Australia next summer, while in 2025-26 Australia host England for the Ashes series.

Hmm what to watch? Might watch this one not that one.
I know there's gonna be a little bit more bias on my end. But reckon this game will be more interesting than the Aus v Win game.
Shits me that they both start at the same time, thought the Aus v Win game was a day Test

I know there's gonna be a little bit more bias on my end. But reckon this game will be more interesting than the Aus v Win game.
Shits me that they both start at the same time, thought the Aus v Win game was a day Test

Yeah, day game in Australia would be ideal right? CA mess it up again. This one is more interesting to me cos whoever loses I will be happy about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a Bunsen. Both teams with heaps of spinners.

Disappointing the radical Hindu Nationalist Govt has delayed the visa for one of the Pom spinners. Poms will claim spirit of cricket and moral victory as they like to to do.*

That said I really hope India give the Poms a right proper smiting.

* Given the Indian Government has organised assassinations of Sikh Separatists, I expect the sizeable Sikh and Muslim poplin in Oz will demand those Indian cricketers who support the Hindu Nationalist Party be subjected to stringent Oz security testing before they are granted visas. Lol can you imagine the Indian reaction with the boot being on the other foot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Test India v England (5 Tests) + Ind A v Eng Lions (1 Tour Match and 3 FC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back