Test India v New Zealand (3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 20 Fire GIF by The Simpsons

When India tour Australia their excuse is playing in Australian conditions.
What is their excuse now?

What excuse? They’ve not lost here for a decade.
Sharma just said straight out they got it wrong with the side they picked and batting first based on what he said in his presser.

Though he did somehow try and spin it that it was good to see players batting out of position etc which didn’t really make much since given how quickly wickets were falling anyway.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the two days of torrential rain might have had a bit to do with the pitch. Sharma admitted they got the selection of the side wrong

Although it was disappointing that the first day was washed out all that rain provided conditions that were tailor made for our pace bowling attack, surprising that India chose to bat first and no doubt Rohit wishes that he had his time over again and bowled first.

The weather forecast doesn't look too bad today so hopefully our batsmen can press home our advantage by getting a big total.

When Jadeja bowls at this speed on a pitch doing a bit he sometimes looks absolutely unplayable, regardless of how much the batsmen are contributing to him looking that way.

I dunno maybe it’s because he somehow manages to do it while still getting the ball to loop a little bit rather than just darting it but gee it seems like it’s on the batsmen quickly

Jadeja is too crafty for most of our batsmen, Williamson is our best batsman against spin and he isn't playing.

A good chance we will get bowled out before lunch now but we already have a lead of close to 200 so I'm not that worried.

India are still a long way back in this match.

Ravindra bringing up his fifty in style.

He is one of our few batsmen than knows how to play spin.

It helps that he has Indian heritage even though he was born in NZ.

I’ve always wondered this whether there is actually any possible genetic advantage for playing spin. Obviously growing up in an Indian family I’d they all bowl it in the backyard it would help.

I think there might be some for bowling it - you know, wrist positioning and all of that possibly but not sure if it would impact on one’s ability to play it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test India v New Zealand (3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back