Injury Injuries 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Rypstra had soft tissue injuries as a junior or only since coming to us. Would be interested to know if his 2 hamstrings are just seen as bad luck or a problem for his type of player stepping into an AFL environment mid season with a proper pre season under his belt.
Reckon it could be both

I wonder if Rypstra had soft tissue injuries as a junior or only since coming to us. Would be interested to know if his 2 hamstrings are just seen as bad luck or a problem for his type of player stepping into an AFL environment mid season with a proper pre season under his belt.
He has had a horrible run of injuries. We very well may have another player finish his career before it even starts.

I believe he had an ACL injury as an 18 year old and they used to use the hamstring tendon as a repair option. Surgeons in the AFL system are now moving away from this tendon replacement as it was causing hamstring issues during recovery.

That could be a potential cause.

He was looking good before he injured himself against North Melbourne. I hope we at least give the kid another year

I know the sentimental reason behind it, but he was a free hit mid-season draft pick and we will need to move on. Let him go home, recover and see if he can or wants to work his way back.

Not even wanting to sound harsh btw, wish him luck but we can’t spend a list spot on someone who could barely show what he may be able to bring to the club, as he was injured for most of it.

A few players will be a test for next weekend but I think all will be fine. Treloar had a calf issue in the warm-up so remarkable he managed to actually get through the whole game. A big tick has to go to the medical staff this year with minimal key players sidelined. If all the tests get up, we'll have just 3 unavailabilities list wide for the first week of the AFL finals.

Johannisen - Test
Treloar - Test
Vandermeer - Test
West - Test
Croft - 2-3 weeks
Rypstra - Season
Smith - Season

A few players will be a test for next weekend but I think all will be fine. Treloar had a calf issue in the warm-up so remarkable he managed to actually get through the whole game. A big tick has to go to the medical staff this year with minimal key players sidelined. If all the tests get up, we'll have just 3 unavailabilities list wide for the first week of the AFL finals.

Johannisen - Test
Treloar - Test
Vandermeer - Test
West - Test
Croft - 2-3 weeks
Rypstra - Season
Smith - Season
How different the season and our prospects could have been if Libba’s head knocks and Naughton’s knee injuries didn’t turn out to be best cast scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Injuries 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back