Injury Injury update: Seven named on Power injury list on NAB Challenge eve

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-03-03/injury-update-nab-challenge-week-1

Port Adelaide AFL injury list (as of Tuesday 2 March)
Jarrad Redden – knee (2 weeks)
Logan Austin – shoulder (3-4 weeks)
Sam Colquhoun – knee (3-4 weeks)
Jackson Trengove – shoulder (2-4 weeks)
Chad Wingard – knee (3-4 weeks)
Mason Shaw – groin (3-4 weeks)
Billy Frampton – shins (6-9 weeks)*

Port Adelaide SANFL injury list (as of Tuesday 2 March)
Robbie Young - Ankle (1 week)

*denotes long-term injury list

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-03-03/injury-update-nab-challenge-week-1

Port Adelaide AFL injury list (as of Tuesday 2 March)
Jarrad Redden – knee (2 weeks)
Logan Austin – shoulder (3-4 weeks)
Sam Colquhoun – knee (3-4 weeks)
Jackson Trengove – shoulder (2-4 weeks)
Chad Wingard – knee (3-4 weeks)
Mason Shaw – groin (3-4 weeks)
Billy Frampton – shins (6-9 weeks)*

Port Adelaide SANFL injury list (as of Tuesday 2 March)
Robbie Young - Ankle (1 week)

*denotes long-term injury list

It feels like Chads routine checkup found a few things more than they had initially hoped. Seems to be out to about 10 weeks total now.

It feels like Chads routine checkup found a few things more than they had initially hoped. Seems to be out to about 10 weeks total now.
Chad will be running this week, so hopefully he is still fit for round 1. He is vital for the Freo game.

Chad will be running this week, so hopefully he is still fit for round 1. He is vital for the Freo game.

You're running after an ACL in 16 weeks, sometimes less, but its still back to footy is 12 months.
I reckon the real test is when he's back to sideways movement.
Not saying its an issue, but originally it was listed as pretty much nothing....

You're running after an ACL in 16 weeks, sometimes less, but its still back to footy is 12 months.
I reckon the real test is when he's back to sideways movement.
Not saying its an issue, but originally it was listed as pretty much nothing....

Meniscus tear is my guess. Generally 8-10 weeks.

Meniscus tear is my guess. Generally 8-10 weeks.
Sounds likely to be honest mate. Timeframes sound right.

Because I know SFA about these knee injuries, do you guys know how that type of injury might affect Chad longterm? Is it something that once the 10 or so weeks rehab have gone it's all good or something he will need to manage during the rest of his career?

I just want Chad to be cherry ripe before he comes back , it's a long season and I'm hoping for a ripper year from him .
So a conservative approach is the way to go .
That being said I don't want the club to underplay injuries , it becomes disheartening for the fans , the initial disappointment when someone goes down is diluted when the prognosis sounds not so bad so when it drags on it's disappointing

Who knows how long Hoon and Redden will take to get the fitness to push for selection not just get over their respective injuries.

Shaw and Frampton are a shame - means Harvey will be rucking again rather than playing forward.

I hope they have Harvey(also pinch hitting in the ruck), Butch and Howard up forward. With Jon Ross spending time in the ruck until Frampton/Redden are fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprises in that list of 7. I was surprised to see Shaw goal umpiring onFriday. How long has he been out of training loop or on a modified program??

4.5 weeks to Rd 1. Jacko already been out for 6 weeks and based on watching him run across the ground before the start of the trial he seemed to be fit and there was ho drooping of the shoulder. He didnt play but he didnt favour the shoulder in his running action.

Chad has been out pretty sure 4 full weeks now.

Because I know SFA about these knee injuries, do you guys know how that type of injury might affect Chad longterm? Is it something that once the 10 or so weeks rehab have gone it's all good or something he will need to manage during the rest of his career?

Meniscus tear is what us old guys used to know as torn cartlidge. May lead to some recurring clean outs at end of seasons but doesn't impact power / stability for a great period of time as ligament damage can.

Shaw with OP hurts a bit but offset by the great news of Redden. Got a bit excited to think of the big man returning.

A groin strain does not OP make. lol, why do people always do this. Groin strain? Nahhh, Adductor pull? Nahh.

STRAIGHT TO THE OSTEITIS PUBIS BIN IT GOES!

A groin strain does not OP make. lol, why do people always do this. Groin strain? Nahhh, Adductor pull? Nahh.

STRAIGHT TO THE OSTEITIS PUBIS BIN IT GOES!

Increased workload on player with under 3 years in the system. I would be shocked if it's not OP given when he sustained it (jan/early February) and a decrease in workload not a cease as you would do with other injuries.

Increased workload on player with under 3 years in the system. I would be shocked if it's not OP given when he sustained it (jan/early February) and a decrease in workload not a cease as you would do with other injuries.

A time frame like 3-4 weeks would rarely line up with OP recovery periods. OP can commonly be a 6 month injury with most being between 12-14 weeks.

Shaw with OP hurts a bit but offset by the great news of Redden. Got a bit excited to think of the big man returning.

Yes...very happy to hear about Redden...

Ruckman Jarrad Redden is expected to play in the NAB Challenge as he enters the final stages of rehabilitation from a knee injury.

Burgess praised Redden’s past month on the track, which has seen him make a long-awaited return to contact training with the Power’s ruck stocks.

“The last six weeks has been outstanding, he’s been in full ruck-contact drills and doing really well,” Burgess said.

“We expect him to play some part in the NAB Challenge.”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back