Hawthorn
Re: Ins and Outs

Some possible changes....
Round 11: Hawks Vs. Bulldogs

INS:
Steven Greene, Nick Holland, Brad Sewell, John Barker

OUTS:
Jarrayd Roughead, Simon Taylor, Nick Ries, Rick Ladson,

i dont know....but greenie shold play and so shold johnny barker, prob for taylor and roughead.

i think he needs to be selected for the doggies game though, create a presence across half forward and some experience, roughead can go back and get some game time with box hill.

cant wait til franklin is consistent, in years to come, some of his tackling and chasing which resulted in goals on w/e were great to watch however he makes some silly mistakes....time will iron them out.

Greene will be back :)
Im all for bringing in Nixon for a run...But i think Holland and Sewell deserve another chance...

No Holland and No Sewell!!!
Sewell is easily the worst player on our list!
Lets bring in Nixon and Barks.

Bennycoff said:

INS:

OUTS:

i dont know....but greenie shold play and so shold johnny barker, prob for taylor and roughead.

Would agree with this, although would be happy for Roughead to stay on and play full forward for a game (IF Williams fails to come up).

In this scenario, I would also bring back Thurgood to play out of a pocket and hopefully create the same sort of uncertainty for the Bulldogs that he created for the Kangaroos.

Bennycoff said:

INS:

OUTS:

Back to our ordinary stale past ... blow redeveloping for the future, eh?

Youngsters aren't going to find out about the pace of and hardness of AFL level by playing at Box Hill. I reiterate ... for goodness sake be patient. Personally I have been looking at season 2005 for working at turning our team around not playing old hacks and hoping. In saying that, I don't mind the possibility of Barks in the team as I still think he has something to contribute and he is a great teacher and encourages the kids no end.

Nick - NO! He is completely over the hill.

Drop Vanders plzzzzz, plzzzzzz, plzzzzzz. The guy is a out and out dud, makes me shiver everytime he goes near the ball. Give the Captancy to Timmy Clarke :D

It's like we're playing him out of obligation. Wouldn't get a game at any other club ATM.

If you drop him do you:

a) Deflate the morale and mateship of the club

or

b) Send a strong message to all players that no-one is immune from being dropped.

clouds are hanging over williams and bateman , that would hurt ..

don't drop the kids ...

ries did nothing and should be dropped ...

if williams can't play , throw roughy at FF , barks at CHF ..

they used him sparely for BH , thats why he didnt set the world on fire , but i reckon he'll be right to go ..i'd bring him in anyway even if williams does play ..

if bates doesnt play then bring in greene , did ok against freo and was unlucky to be dropped for ries who did bugger all once again ..

give thurgood another run aswell ...

holland kicked 5 and i reckon clarkson may give him a go , not that i'm in favour of that ..

we must beat the doggies , won't be easy but we must win ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

binxy24 said:
It's like we're playing him out of obligation. Wouldn't get a game at any other club ATM.

If you drop him do you:

a) Deflate the morale and mateship of the club

or

b) Send a strong message to all players that no-one is immune from being dropped.

Lock in b) thanks, Eddie!

They screwed-up in giving him the job. Everyone meant well with the decision, but events are showing us that the choice was the wrong one.

It is not helping us as a side, nor is it helping Richie's confidence as a player.

Captain or not, he needs to be sent back to Box Hill.

Clarkson has set himself up as a hardliner, and this is a situation where he needs to follow through on that approach.

Ideally, club and player would get together and admit that it isn't working. This would allow Vandenberg to relinquish the leadership in a dignified press conference, stating that he wants to concentrate on his game. From there, the club could appoint Hodge & Mitchell as captain & vice-captain respectively.

There is the issue of Smith's vice-captaincy (he's hardly been starring). They could give Everitt the top job for the remainder of the year if they felt it too unfair and disruptive to axe Smith mid-season as well.

Bennycoff said:

INS:
John Barker

If you read the review for BHH because of the bye next week he might be playing for the Ressies

tige19 said:
Drop Vanders plzzzzz, plzzzzzz, plzzzzzz. The guy is a out and out dud, makes me shiver everytime he goes near the ball. Give the Captancy to Timmy Clarke :D

Funny club you support......or not by the tone of your post!

if nick holland plays then i officially refuse to be a hawks supporter this weekend. the guy is such a hack it makes me furious even thinking about him playing.

If Vandenberg doesn't get dropped then he should be told to run with Westy. Any time you get the ball just kick as far as you can towards goal.

Right now he tries to be three guys every time and just about always mucks it up.

Get him back doing what he made his name doing.... tagging!

Westy will take him to the ball 50 times during the game, if he can break even and minimise West's influence he could actually be what he looks like he's trying to be everytime he gets the ball, a match winner!

IN: BARKER, HOLLAND

We need those targets up forward. As much as I'm enjoying Franklin, he doesn't seem to take strong leading marks or make the team straighten up to kick to him. He dangerous but he doesn't impose a presence on the game (yet!!)

I'm concerned about Brad Johnson this week, if Ozzie is as undisciplined as last week Johnson will be BOG. If Brown plays on him and gives him as much rrom as he gave Carracella then Johnson could kick 6. I think Brad Johnson is 3 times the player that Carra is.

Thinking about it now, I don't think Holland suits our game plan. If we use Holland to kick to.... he just so slow and slows the game down. If he had a Ladson, Lewis, Crawf running past for the handball everytime fine, but he doesn't suit our fast running game (not anymore anyway). Not with Willams being the FF.

C'mon Hawkies....

One thing is for sure... we drop this one, it becomes all about development for the rest of the year.

I say play the old blokes and the possible cuttees Greene etc and tell them that their careers are on the line. If they fail out they go!

col44 said:
I say play the old blokes and the possible cuttees Greene etc and tell them that their careers are on the line. If they fail out they go!
With respect, col44, and please don't think I'm a smart ass, but this line appears ambiguous ... careers on the line for old blokes and cuttees? Cant see any careers for such in a redeveloping Hawthorn side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs for Bulldogs game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back