Ins & Outs Vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you remember his second game against the Tigers? The guy was close to the Tiger's best player.
yes but he was obvisously brought in out of form in that game.

toovey is a confidence player, and you either dont know or dont want to know that toovey was BOG on the weekend against borough and played fantastically well on top of being a a good match up for deledio as they have similar body sizes and speed.

This toovey bashing is getting tiresome especially considering he was named our best in the seconds by the bloody coach, besides he will coem in for egan and provide an extra body at contests

People seem to only remember the bad game of Toovey. He did play more than one game guys, and he wasn't shit in most of them, he was actually pretty good for his first season.

People seem to only remember the bad game of Toovey. He did play more than one game guys, and he wasn't shit in most of them, he was actually pretty good for his first season.
and the shitness in that game is over exagerated he was very poor but as were a number of others as well, actually i would say quite a few entrenched seniors played piss weak that match

No point drawing a line through Toovey at this point. He is on the list and he is one we have to make a call on. If his form warrants selection then we may as well play him and see what he can offer. I’d like to see Stanley get a few games for the same reason.

No point drawing a line through Toovey at this point. He is on the list and he is one we have to make a call on. If his form warrants selection then we may as well play him and see what he can offer. I’d like to see Stanley get a few games for the same reason.
stanley was just as good as toovey if either or both get games i wouldnt be disappointed

Out: Egan, Johnson
In: Stanley/Wellingham, Anthony

Egan isnt up to AFL standard and if Clarke gets dropped after one poor game, so should Egan as he has far less runs on the board. Bring in Stanley or Wellingham to give it a crack in the middle as by reports they played fairly well in the VFL, but knowing MM he'd probably play them out of position the whole game.

Johnson's efficiency was absolutely shocking on the weekend and should be dropped to the magoos until he finds some form. Anthony deserves a debut as his form all preseason has been positive and can play either defense or forward, though this is wishful thinking as MM is sure to keep Johnson in.

Goldsack is unlikely to miss this match, just hope Cloke can pull up as twisted ankles do not heal overnight.

i think that we need to give egan a run in the vfl and also johnson so he can get some of that awareness back,
from the sounds of the vfl reports bring in toovey/wellingham and Marty Clarke!

COLLINGWOOD
B: Heath Shaw, Shane Wakelin, Danny Stanley
HB: Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Harry O’Brien
C: Scott Pendlebury, Scott Burns, Tarkyn Lockyer
HF: Martin Clarke, Anthony Rocca, Rhyce Shaw
F: Ben Reid, Travis Cloke, Dale Thomas
Foll: Josh Fraser, Shane O’Bree, Leon Davis
I/C: Cameron Wood, Alan Didak, Paul Medhurst, Dane Swan
EMG: Brodie Holland, Chris Egan, Ben Johnson

In: Reid, Clarke, Stanley
Out: Egan (omitted), Johnson (omitted), Goldsack (nose)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT : Johnson,Johnson,Johnson,Egan
IN : Reid,Clarke.

Im not in a hurry to drop Rhyce just yet i even think Mick may give him couple of weeks too! Id like to see Egan develop with game time in the

You must be off your head he played better then half the team was great on the weekend and the week befor maybe you should watch the game insted of just gouing on the past...:thumbsdown:

Where's Ben Ried at? Is he a chance to play 3rd tall?

How has his VFL form been because I player junior footy against him and I always though he had a bit of talent. Also I'm a richmond supporter and want to know what where up against;)

That's why we have to do better than Johnson. He's an OK player who tries his guts out, but in a midfield that doesn't dispose of the ball as well as we'd like, he's a liability. We're already carrying the likes of Rhyce and O'Bree (who was red-hot on Fri) who aren't good kicks. All the more reason why we shouldn't carry Johnson as well.

lol im ben johnsons biggest fan and he played shocking......
maybe a week the the magoos will do him good
also hate to say it but looks like some of our youngsters have went backwards since last year such as marty, goldsack, pendles :( and harry

hope they come good

i agree...JOHNSON needs a week or two in the VFL and EGAN just isnt commited or hard enough at the ball or the man! l would bring in CLARKE and REID.

That's why we have to do better than Johnson. He's an OK player who tries his guts out, but in a midfield that doesn't dispose of the ball as well as we'd like, he's a liability. We're already carrying the likes of Rhyce and O'Bree (who was red-hot on Fri) who aren't good kicks. All the more reason why we shouldn't carry Johnson as well.

Ben Johnson needs to develop into a tagger if he wants to keep his spot beyond the next year or two. He certainly has the endurance to do it. If not, I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to a full-time back pocket, where he played some of his best football.

lol im ben johnsons biggest fan and he played shocking......
maybe a week the the magoos will do him good
also hate to say it but looks like some of our youngsters have went backwards since last year such as marty, goldsack, pendles :( and harry

hope they come good
they'll come good.

But how could harry have taken a backwards step he pantsed farmer and who ever he was on against brisbane was towelled up too?

I dont know excatly whetehr we were watching the same harry.

COLLINGWOOD
B: Heath Shaw, Shane Wakelin, Danny Stanley
HB: Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Harry O’Brien
C: Scott Pendlebury, Scott Burns, Tarkyn Lockyer
HF: Martin Clarke, Anthony Rocca, Rhyce Shaw
F: Ben Reid, Travis Cloke, Dale Thomas
Foll: Josh Fraser, Shane O’Bree, Leon Davis
I/C: Cameron Wood, Alan Didak, Paul Medhurst, Dane Swan
EMG: Brodie Holland, Chris Egan, Ben Johnson

In: Reid, Clarke, Stanley
Out: Egan (omitted), Johnson (omitted), Goldsack (nose)

Nice interchange...

Johnson won't be dropped btw

No changes.

We got beat by a proposed top 8 side on their home ground in poor conditions.

I'd say the conditions did not suit Egans type of game at all.

He played well through the pre-season and played solidly against Freo.

He'll get another chance as will Johnno.

If Goldy and/or Trav are out, JA and Reid to come in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back