Interchange: Q1 (4). Q2 (8). Q3 (12). Q4 (16). Total 40 In-play.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all for differing opinions. But it'd be good to hear your contentions as to why you disagree.

It doesn't really need explaining does it?

Why do people think that exhausted players will somehow produce more free flowing quality footy? It's simply going to end up with players slowly plodding from contest to contest.

I'm more confused as to how you think it's a good idea?

It doesn't really need explaining does it?

Why do people think that exhausted players will somehow produce more free flowing quality footy? It's simply going to end up with players slowly plodding from contest to contest.

I'm more confused as to how you think it's a good idea?
Because of additional fatigue, players won't be able to get to each contest in time. Therefore you'll get more space opening up.

That's the theory.

Skills also go to crap further bringing down the quality of the game, it's not a viable option.
tenor.gif

The speed of the game is what has caused congestion. They have slowed the game down to crawl. The umpires and the rules committee are apart of that. Bringing in things like nominating the ruckman. While the umpire is looking for the ruckman which takes an age, players roll up. Same goes after a stoppage. When the umpires get the footy they look around ask where the ruckman are and tell everyone where they’re going. In this time they could’ve thrown it up and ball could be 50 meters away

Said this in another thread, will repeat here.

4 subs. No interchange. At all.

Can live with but not fussed if just 30 interchange transactions a game, in any way you like. Plenty to cover injuries and a few tactical switches but not enough to do wholesale rotations which bench never intended for.

I don't get why people think the interchange is a problem. Changing the number of rotations isn't gunna make much difference to the game.
It already has. By that, I mean when coaches cottoned onto the fact they could rotate players on and off on a constant basis, it changed the face of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO that's too drastic a change in one off season.

I'm in favour of 40 next year though (10 each quarter).

I'd be ok with doing it gradually over two seasons.

40 in 2019 and 30 in 2020 would be perfect and leave it that way forever after that.
Rotations will be a thing of past then, thank ****!!!

Cameron Mooney's 1999 premiership medal comes with a huge * next to it because of how limited the interchange was used back in the day.

Does it? Maybe with us losers on Big Footy who have nothing better to do. He's not the only player to go statless in a winning grand final and it will happen again, sooner or later.

He was picked in the best 22 for the Kangaroos side, he suited up, they won the grand final. He earned his medal.

I heard on the radio that in the SANFL they have capped rotations to 30/40? Has anyone noticed much difference from previous seasons?

I prefer the idea of a hybrid bench, I think its has a bit for everyone.

22 players still selected for match, at the start of each quarter 2 bench players are nominated as interchange, and the other 2 becoming substitutes. Only the 2 interchange nominated players can be used for interchange for that quarter, the substitutes can only be used to replace concussed players and other clear impact injuries, e.g. broken leg.

Half the players available for interchange should force a reduction, while still allowing injuries to be covered and tactical changes to be made, but doesn't leave a single player to sit waiting on the bench for most of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interchange: Q1 (4). Q2 (8). Q3 (12). Q4 (16). Total 40 In-play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back