International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you use Handscombe as a keeper? I've got him in my state side and he tends to let through an extraordinary number of byes.
Don't. Terrible keeper in both. Just play Ayre as the keeper. Sure it may cost you 20 runs with the bat but saves more with the gloves.

Don't. Terrible keeper in both. Just play Ayre as the keeper. Sure it may cost you 20 runs with the bat but saves more with the gloves.
I've been using wade for the most part, I'll give Ayre a shot.

Just won the Sheffield Shield in my first season. Came back from a first innings defect of 120 odd runs to win outright. Muirhead bagged 8.
Yeah, Muirhead took 45 wickets for me in the first season in 11 matches. Gun in the game.

I'm in year 2021. Warner and smith closing in on 10000 runs. I played the first 4 years with WA. Have a leg spinner called Joseph Salder who had taken 157 wickets in 17 tests at an average of 22! Iv been though almost every keeper! They are all terrible batters

Drew the 2015 Ashes 1-1.

Final test was bizarre. I lead the series 1-0. I posted 500 odd in the first dig. Bowled them out for around 200 and decided to enforce the follow-on. Then then batted for ages and declared on 8-520 at lunch on day five, leaving a run chase of 260 in 2 sessions. I could have just batted it out and won the Ashes 1-0, or I could chase 130 a session hard. I decoded to o for it, as I had plenty of hitting in Finch, Warner, Hughes, Clarke, Smith, Watson and Wade. All of them got really fast starts, I think everyone batted at over 100 S/R. Steve Smith even made an 80 ball hundred before you could blink an eye. Problem was I was losing wickets regularly, even though I was managing the run rate with ease. Ended up with four overs to go, needing 22 runs to win, but with only one wicket in hand. Harris was going well on 40, but Hazlewood had just come in at 11. Made the decision I wasn't going to manage the 22 runs, so I shut up shop for the final four overs, hoping for the draw and the 1-0 win. The boys batted extremely well, but on the 3rd last ball, Hazlewood got bowled by Anderson and I lost the test match by 14 runs. So the series was drawn 1-1 and I lost a test match despite having enforced the follow-on.

Oh ok, so you play it on iPad? Is it worth the $12.99 in your opinion?
For me it will be. I do a bit of commuting between melbourne and Mildura so it's something to do. It's very basic graphics wise, but the stats part is great, which is what I'm into.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it will be. I do a bit of commuting between melbourne and Mildura so it's something to do. It's very basic graphics wise, but the stats part is great, which is what I'm into.
Yeah I like the stats as well. Thanks for your advice :)

I just cannot win shield games with my new Victoria game. Ive played five games and drawn four, lost one.

When did they start having Australian domestic comp in the game? Found my 2009 copy but didn't realise it was County or International only
First game where the domestic comps was not purely the CC was 2010.

What's letting you down? Batting or bowling?
Batting. I go normal and all me players go at a strike rate of 30, go up one and they all go out hacking. Rogers is the only one who doesn't.

Batting. I go normal and all me players go at a strike rate of 30, go up one and they all go out hacking. Rogers is the only one who doesn't.
Yeah I find strike rate an issue with the vics too, especially when Hussey, White and Finch arent available. I just hope I can bat first, bat through the first 2 days and enforce the follow on, that's my usual tactic.

There's a player called Jim Herbet who is in my list. Not sure if he is on the standard list or whether he was a grade cricket call up, but he bats pretty quickly. I've got him averaging 39.67 after 11 ins. Alex Keath also bats quickly but he never seems to make much.

Make your pitch a road then.

I know that'd help the batting issue, but when you've got Pattinson, Siddle, McKay and Hastings, a raging green top is the way to go.
I don't play McKay, I have Muirhead instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back