International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Just played through a few seasons with Tasmania, and Tim Paine never averaged above 30, I ended up replacing him in the line up after giving Dunk the gloves

I've been playing a bit more recently. Avoiding my issues with the match engine by skipping every game. I've managed to win a couple of county championships with Worcestershire. Have a really good squad with 3 or 4 regularly in the England side.

I've been playing a bit more recently. Avoiding my issues with the match engine by skipping every game. I've managed to win a couple of county championships with Worcestershire. Have a really good squad with 3 or 4 regularly in the England side.

Whats the point if you're skipping every game? What a waste of time.

I'd imagine it's for people who are more into list management, statistics and selection than the match dynamics.

I personally only play county, no OD or T20.

Fair enough, but you wouldn't be fulfilling the list to it's potential. Nothing beats following a bloke through his innings to get his maiden 100 or one of those ridiculous 9th or 10th wicket partnerships.

I don't have 2014 on PC (moved to Android) but in 2013 you definitely could.

Started an SA game a little while ago for fun - bloke called Alex Ross has had an incredible first two Shield seasons. Hits centuries for fun, even if he's a real grinder (aggressive batting training has helped this somewhat). Their bowling seems very hit and miss though, they'll either tear through sides or Sayers/Richardson/Putland will just get smacked around while part-timers take the wickets.

Head seems to be an amazing OD player but a terrible Shield player too which is a little frustrating.
SA frustrate me immensely on this game, I guess I'm used to it from the real thing... I think I'm 0-6 in my first Shield season and haven't played since

Aggressive batting; 2 empty bars to begin with then ramp it up later.

Fully defensive bowling, always aiming outside off stump and always bowling on the batters off side (right handers bowl around the wicket to left hand batters).

Far out, how did you win a T20 domestic comp?! I'm bloody horrendous

I used to be absolutely terrible at them but I've won the last two BBL's (playing as the Scorchers). Like above I start the first 3-4 overs two bars from full aggression then just go all out. Helps if you bat deep but I can usually at least get 140-150 regularly (occasionally there'll be a collapse and I'll go for 80-100 and occasionally I'll pull out a 170-190).

With bowling I've actually found going 2 bars works the best. Bowling sides out is the easiest way to win T20s in ICC imo.

Good form and good internationals make a big difference (David Miller has done a great job for me).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made 9 Big Bash finals in a row as the scorchers. Won 7 of them. Probably had 6 or 7 blokes who played in all of them.

Kieswetter
Wales
S.Marsh
M.Marsh
Abbott
Cummins

Really, really clever recruiting in the T20 comp isn't difficult. Keep your core players on long term contracts (3 years), and pay whatever they want to stay on. Clear everyone else out at the end of each season because you get a lot of high quality local players eventually come through. Had at one stage Finch, Starc, Lyon, Bailey and Warner. Just pick one of them off each year and fill the rest of your squad with crap.

The only required player I ever sacked was Mitch Marsh because he wanted 148k a season to barely play. Always pick overseas players who can play 100% and keep in mind someone like Faf Du Plessis is probably more value than guys like Alex Hales or Malinga.

There's one major problem with this game for me. Sometimes it's completely unrealistic. South Africa just nearly chased down 520 against me in the last innings on a minefield against Pattinson, Bird, Johnson and Muirhead, all of whom have sub-30 averages and 4.5 stars of form.
That has to be a pain in the arse.

I remember on an older ICC India chased down like 500 in the last innings. My bowlers were pretty shitty at that point, but c'mon.

Does anyone know how to delete a game save? I've got way to many careers set up, but when I click 'delete' it doesn't do anything.

Ill be no help at all and say no idea always worked fine for me
Hmmmm. I'm on mac and it won't delete anything.

Just played an all time greats series, West Indies vs India. Windies are that good, especially Andy Roberts.

Victoria and Melbourne Stars 2015/16 Season
Currently got Vettori as my Victoria International and Dilshan + Botha as my Melbourne Stars Internationals.
One Day Cup
Came runner up in the One Day Cup as Victoria.
Leading Run Scorers
Matthew Wade 8 Innings 343@43.
Seb Gotch 6 Innings 157@26
Bob Quiney 4 Innings 138@35
Leading Wicket Takers
James Pattinson 17 wickets @ 14.53
Clint Mckay 14 wickets @ 21.21
Dan Vettori 13 Wickets @ 25
Sheffield Shield
Currently 5th in the Shield; 1 Win, 1 Loss, 4 Drawn.
Leading Run Scorers
Matt Short 11 Innings 469@47
Chris Rogers 7 Innings 328@47
Bob Quiney 4 Innings 317@80
Leading Wicket Takers
Dan Vettori 14 Wickets @ 31
Clint Mckay 13 Wickets @ 38
James Pattinson 11 Wickets @ 16
20/20 Big Bash
Currently in the Final.
Leading Run Scorers
Bob Quiney 6 Innings 286@72
Brad Hodge 9 Innings 235@34
Matthew Wade 4 Innings 151@50
Leading Wicket Takers
James Faulkner 19 Wickets @ 11
Johan Botha 11 Wickets @ 16
John Hastings 10 Wickets @ 10

A successful season so far. If I can come back in the shield I should expect a Australia contract.

Quick question... When you are offered a national coaching position do you continue to play with both your domestic and national team or just your national team?

Victoria and Melbourne Stars 2015/16 Season
Currently got Vettori as my Victoria International and Dilshan + Botha as my Melbourne Stars Internationals.
One Day Cup
Came runner up in the One Day Cup as Victoria.
Leading Run Scorers
Matthew Wade 8 Innings 343@43.
Seb Gotch 6 Innings 157@26
Bob Quiney 4 Innings 138@35
Leading Wicket Takers
James Pattinson 17 wickets @ 14.53
Clint Mckay 14 wickets @ 21.21
Dan Vettori 13 Wickets @ 25
Sheffield Shield
Currently 5th in the Shield; 1 Win, 1 Loss, 4 Drawn.
Leading Run Scorers
Matt Short 11 Innings 469@47
Chris Rogers 7 Innings 328@47
Bob Quiney 4 Innings 317@80
Leading Wicket Takers
Dan Vettori 14 Wickets @ 31
Clint Mckay 13 Wickets @ 38
James Pattinson 11 Wickets @ 16
20/20 Big Bash
Currently in the Final.
Leading Run Scorers
Bob Quiney 6 Innings 286@72
Brad Hodge 9 Innings 235@34
Matthew Wade 4 Innings 151@50
Leading Wicket Takers
James Faulkner 19 Wickets @ 11
Johan Botha 11 Wickets @ 16
John Hastings 10 Wickets @ 10

A successful season so far. If I can come back in the shield I should expect a Australia contract.

Quick question... When you are offered a national coaching position do you continue to play with both your domestic and national team or just your national team?

Both

Remove this Banner Ad

International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back