interstate sides deluding themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

cootamundra

Rookie
Sep 4, 2004
Other Teams
magpies
Interstate side complaining about having to play Preliminary finals at the MCG
should remember who's league they joined in the 1st place.
We didn't join the SANFL or the WAFL or any Qld league.
They joined the Victorian Football League.

i think i speak for everybody here when i say, welcome to bigfooty. its always great to have another collingwood supporter on board.

and i see from your first post that you are going to continue the grand collingwood tradition of bigfooty posting.

cootamundra said:

The lights on,but nobody is home. :rolleyes:

cootamundra said:
And you are joining OUR board so shut up.

Anybody who actually lived in Coota wouldn't be game to state this if they knew my mate Cootamundra Kev.

It's all my fault he became a Brisbane supporter. He was a perfecly ignorant RL supporter, 'til he came to Melbourne, and I turned him on to Fitzroy. He's never forgiven me for converting him to our game, until the past three seasons.

Does this clot know of T.Williams & Co.? They're in the main street.

cootamundra said:
Amen brother, they are priveledged to be included in a competition built by the blood and sweat of giants for over a 100 years

cootamundra said:
Welcome to the ever swelling ranks of the narcissistic, arrogant, xenophobic, myopic Victorian clowns club.
Now grab a broom and go sweep your streets.

BomberAUS said:
Especially can't stand it when Sydney and Brisbane complain about it when they have salary cap advantages to even it up.

Sydney and Brisbane have high cost of living(eg airport parking for an hour costs $20), so the salary cap 4 syd/bl is equivalent to everyone else's...think of it as different currency

^Eagle^ said:
Sydney and Brisbane have high cost of living(eg airport parking for an hour costs $20), so the salary cap 4 syd/bl is equivalent to everyone else's...think of it as different currency

Sydney is the most expensive city to live in, Brisbane is one of the cheapest, explain to me why brisbane need this 'higher cost of living' crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^Eagle^ said:
Brisbane doesn't have a higher cost of living , it'd be cheaper to live in Brisbane than Melbourne.

cootamundra said:

Oh that's interesting I always thought our club (Port Adelaide) joined the AFL...they certainly wouldn't have joined the VFL which at best is a league equal to the SANFL.

cootamundra said:

Let me join the chorus of welcome for this new nurk on the block and remind him that we are not playing in the Victorian Football League anymore. Not sure where you were but we stopped doing that near-on 15 years ago.

zero said:
i think i speak for everybody here when i say, welcome to bigfooty. its always great to have another collingwood supporter on board.

and i see from your first post that you are going to continue the grand collingwood tradition of bigfooty posting.

lol

actually i just recently read from a website (i forget which one) that AFL was created by 2 sydneysiders who wanted to test the game in victoria before bringing it to sydney as there was too much competition with the almighty union at that stage (lat 1800's) though when they brought it back up to sydney it was a very popular sport but all the ppl with politcal power followed union and used theer power to ban AFL from enclosed grounds thus making it impossible for AFL to gain a substantial amount of funds from gate reciepts and after a second crack at it many years later AFL again fell over and yet remained hugely popular in victoria. when AFL was again brought back to Sydney when the swans came it was seen as an import from melbourne which is why it has taken so long and so much hard work for AFL to make inroads in Sydney.

This is just what the research done on the website said (its just the jist of it) and not my oppinion to aggree or disagree with it as im not sure wheather to believe if its true or not. ;)

Cogs is a gun said:
Funny how it seems almost only brisbane supporters only say that

Im all for people speaking their mind,airing their feelings and opinions.thats what the site is for,and that why I enjoy Big footy so much.
I can also understand other supporters (mainly collingwood ,essendon) points of view about Brisbane in some aspects,
I just dont think we need all of these identical threads with the same whinging nuffies preaching the same garbage that everyone has heard before so many times before,
I much more enjoy reading the more experienced regular posters regardless of what team they barrack for(leonmagic,mark t,ari and the like)cos even though they probably dislike the lions as much as some of you they can at least discuss something that isnt anti brisbane
I doubt its just Lions fans that come on this site for other reasons than to listen to supporters that are so one eyed they can even get a decent grasp on this great game of ours.

No, the VFL did NOT become the AFL... there would be no AFL if it weren't for other clubs.. we are not interstate clubs, we are non victorian clubs. At the end of the day, who cares what was in the past, it is a national league now, and everything should be fair and equal... now that you collingwood supporters aren't in the finals, you really don't have much to do with your time do you? Moron...

cootamundra said:
That's funny, I could have sworn we joined the AUSTRALIAN (NATIONAL) FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

cootamundra said:

Gotta love you because you're from Coota. How's the Family Hotel going? My old man was the publican there in the 70's and I have great memories of Cootamundra and the terrific people from that town....

I think you need to broaden your views a little bit all the same but the only way is up after that post I guess!

Gunder said:
Amen brother, they are priveledged to be included in a competition built by the blood and sweat of giants for over a 100 years
The VFL never made it to 100 years 1897- 1989 = 92 years as a competition and only eight clubs went the full distance.

Remove this Banner Ad

interstate sides deluding themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back