Intra Club Match - Replay up @ saints.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume baiting. Paddy must have been close to bog in the first half.

In all fairness to Paddy , Battle got the ball delivered to him much better . For Paddy they just bombed it long hoping he could outmark the full back and sometimes Bruce's man and the ruckman. But Paddy played well just let himself down by poor kicking at goal with fairly easy shots.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Posted the score earlier, seen some people asking about it;

FINAL SCORE

SCORE:
St. Kilda: 13.10 (88)
Sandringham: 9.9 (63)

GOALS:
St. Kilda: McCartin 3, Lonie 3, Billings 2, Membrey, Gilbert, Gresham, Bruce, Savage
Sandringham: Battle 5, Holmes, Dunstan, Armitage, Unknown (Someone fill the gap, haha)

Gee that's funny , at the game with no scoreboard, me and most of those around me thought Sandy had won , lol.

FYI - can't seem to find it on saints.com.au, but at end of a few videos (i.e. Steele after intraclub) you'll see a link to interviews with Battle & Stevens also after intraclub.

What was Ben Long's story? Shane not to see him. If our second pick is going to be Dunstall then can't wait for the first :D

Generally agree with what's been said. Was on the 50 on Beach Rd side. Didn't think Dunstan was great so surprised to see support, but was easy to miss things across the ground or at the other end.

I liked D Mac's surety, kicking and pace (as a guy that's not been mentioned). And Ricey looks like he'll be a very solid BP for a lot of games. Not going to be a match winner, but he's another sign of great depth and should be ready and waiting to go in a couple of years.

Liked the look of Battle and Marshall.

Steele is a beast. So is Paddy. We are much beastier this year.

Beast out.

I thought Dunstan was one of the better players.
Just heard that Ben Long was ill and couldn't play. He might be right by the second preseason game

Last edited:
Some pretty exciting signs watching that. Our depth is outrageous, Sandy could easily win the flag this year. Most pleasing for me:

-Ross. He is our second best midfielder now, definitely gone past Armo. Disposal is sooooo much better than where it was 2 years ago;
-Billings. Let's hope he is one of the guys that goes next level this year.
-Dunstan. Great to see his disposal so clean, he is one player who is going to be under pressure to retain his spot. Great start.

Not dominant but still excited by Gresh & McCartin. Great effort from Battle, can't wait for the season to start. Smashing our bunnies the Dees at Etihad will be a great way to kick things off.

What's the best email address to give feedback to the club. This deserves kudos and recognition, job extremely well done
Send it through with attention to Rob Alexander, head of digital.

Dunstan looks very fit

I've been flat out doing yard work as well as my normal job the last two weeks, but yesterday I was talking to the local lad doing the bobcat work on my block and he played some junior footy with luke and said the kid was a gun in and under as a junior, had size on him back then too, but did have shoulder niggles....said he has always needed to work on his tank
He also said if the lad says he will work on something, he will do it, and he won't stop till he gets there
I've always had that little bit of doubt about dunny but im gonna back him in to be our next luke ball and be one of the best extractors of the cherry to our cream of outside runners

Interesting to see the Hun today; 2 and a bit pages on the Filth v the Injectors, articles on Eade's thoughts on zones and Viney as a captain, and a 3/4 page on Richmond's intraclub...

Saints nowhere to be seen... :huh:

Hopefully the operations on each of Luke's shoulders have tightened them up or whatever, so that they're stronger than ever and aren't a major issue for him for the rest of his career.

If he gets a really good crack at it and builds his tank he ought to have a quality 250+ game career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see the Hun today; 2 and a bit pages on the Filth v the Injectors, articles on Eade's thoughts on zones and Viney as a captain, and a 3/4 page on Richmond's intraclub...

More than happy to fly under the radar all year again ;) although admittedly just some media attention for the hard work would be nice every so often haha

Good good, my plan is coming together, they will never see it coming until its too late. ( Rubs hands together in an evil manner before going back to stroking the white Persian cat ).

This.

I want my buck fifty back.

Unbelievable job on the stream by the club. I was there last night but still planned to watch the video this afternoon. However I've been listening to the audio through my car as I've been driving around today. Great insights from everyone they had on.
Same here Flossy. Went to the game then watched the replay when I got home. Loved the interviews. Fantastic insight.
Some clubs didn't get their Intras streamed at all. We got the whole game with commentary and special comments. Just made me feel so proud of our club. Absolutely nailed it.

Anyone know what team/number were Coughlan, NOK & White in the intra-club?
Wouldnt mind having another watch tonight, keeping an eye on a few particular players including them.

I saw Dempster and Gilbert on him a few times.

Gilbert seemed to be all over the ground so think it might have been Seany D. Gilbert seemed to have a great game particularly early on.

Anyone know what team/number were Coughlan, NOK & White in the intra-club?
Wouldnt mind having another watch tonight, keeping an eye on a few particular players including them.

I remember White doing a fantastic chase down then smother on Bruce but not much else from him.

Very impressed with the stream. Had it up on the big screen and even then was pretty good resolution. Well done Saints!

Will watch this on the weekend, but would be forever grateful if someone could answer the following for me
  • Carlilse: How did he look compared to his pre-2016 form? There's been concerns about his weight and conditioning, any of that show?
  • Billings: Sounds like he was great, but how clean was his disposal and how much of it was the damaging stuff we know he's capable of compared to skirting round packs in the back half?
  • McCartin and Battle: Scorecard reads 5 to 3 but is that a fair reflection? Who had the better game?

Cheers

Mc cartin looked more dangerous but probably reputation. Battle just made goals out of not much a lot of the time. paddy missed two sitters, one 25 meters out and slight angle. Should have had 5 himself. Paddy looks like he will pull in the big grabs so adds more excitement. Battle is like Roughy when the ball hits the deck he picks it up quickly and stabs it onto his boot and didn't seem to doubt his ability to convert. We are definitely getting more potent.

Just got around to watching the rest of the game.

The stream was fantastic, well done GJD23 , I owe you a beer when I'm in Melbourne!

Billings was fantastic, got plenty of it and used the ball really well. Dunstan for me wasn't far behind either. Great to see Paddy taking a few good marks, but down the other end Battle was a star. I didn't think he was much of a chance to play a game this year to be honest, but with that form, who knows.

Steele and Stevens did okay through the middle, Acres was a bit disappointing though, he needs a good performance or two from now on if he wants to play round one because there are so many guys fighting for that on ball/half forward role that there will likely be a good player or two miss out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Intra Club Match - Replay up @ saints.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back