Intra Club Match - Replay up @ saints.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Mc cartin looked more dangerous but probably reputation. Battle just made goals out of not much a lot of the time. paddy missed two sitters, one 25 meters out and slight angle. Should have had 5 himself. Paddy looks like he will pull in the big grabs so adds more excitement. Battle is like Roughy when the ball hits the deck he picks it up quickly and stabs it onto his boot and didn't seem to doubt his ability to convert. We are definitely getting more potent.
Yeah a touch of the right place right time on Battle, so it's not so much the 5 goals it's the 'nAtural' that was great to see. Kicked a great snap with not much time (a couple actually) but the one when there was a stoppage or a number of people around. Reminded me of Gunston that one.

Paddy looked dominant early though and if he's kicked a couple of sodas he would have been headline news. 40+ this year.

Not trying to hype Battle. He looks a fine acquisition and in future years will be very handy indeed. Won't imagine he would figure much if at all this year. He is still in his last year of school and that will take precedence.

He does the simple things well. Runs to the right places, gets the ball with good handling and can kick straight. All done it seems to me in a simple straight forward style. Not flashy. But very very effective. Really good sportsmen (and women!) make it look easy, when in fact it's not.

How he copes with high class defensive attention will be interesting and I imagine what they will be teaching him. But looks like we nailed ourselves another slider. Happy Days! Well done again recruiters!

Not trying to hype Battle. He looks a fine acquisition and in future years will be very handy indeed. Won't imagine he would figure much if at all this year. He is still in his last year of school and that will take precedence.

He does the simple things well. Runs to the right places, gets the ball with good handling and can kick straight. All done it seems to me in a simple straight forward style. Not flashy. But very very effective. Really good sportsmen (and women!) make it look easy, when in fact it's not.

How he copes with high class defensive attention will be interesting and I imagine what they will be teaching him. But looks like we nailed ourselves another slider. Happy Days! Well done again recruiters!

I went and looked up his career once I saw him in the all star game. I was really keen on him after that. He looks a huge talent and for someone so useless with agility he seems very good at picking up the ball down low and getting it on the boot. I have really high hopes for what he could be. At worst a Tory Dickson style forward at best Dunstal, sound alright to me.

Yeah a touch of the right place right time on Battle, so it's not so much the 5 goals it's the 'nAtural' that was great to see. Kicked a great snap with not much time (a couple actually) but the one when there was a stoppage or a number of people around. Reminded me of Gunston that one.

Paddy looked dominant early though and if he's kicked a couple of sodas he would have been headline news. 40+ this year.

He claims to be inspired by Gunston so wouldn't be surprised there. He is a pretty dead eye kick on goal and lead the goal kicking for any division 1 player in the under 18s carnival.

Yep to me Billing was the star of yesterday. Just did everything well and looked so confident. If injury doesn't take him down he should have great season. I thought Gilbo was really underrated with his running and ability to collect the ball and move it quickly. I liked it when they threw Mav into the middle and could see him having the odd run on the ball while someone from the midfield needed to rest up forward. The Irish boys both showed glimpses. I can remember which was which but the speed was ridiculous on one. Big Marshall and Battle both good, improvement from nearly all our rucks, Lonie was up and about. Lots of mids put in strong performances and some great rebound from several guys like Savage.
Have to agree re:gilbo. Doesn't get a lotta love from the saints faithful.

Isn't this a myth started by poor agility testing at the combine when he had an ankle issue?

It was used as a reason he wasn't a super high pick along with that awkward height of 192cm. Sometimes recruiters watch the testing results instead of watching how they play. Marshall was much higher rated but didn't see what the fuss was about honestly.

34 disposals, 11 marks and 2 goals for Billings. Imagine if he can do that consistently during the regular season :eek:

And the quarters were ridiculously short. Imagine what he could have done in a full match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think battle is probably the most dangerous fwd we have tbh

Has the ability to do the truly miraculous

The issue with him is more consistency and staying in the game

I think he slid due to his size, speed and the whole year 12 thing

It was used as a reason he wasn't a super high pick along with that awkward height of 192cm. Sometimes recruiters watch the testing results instead of watching how they play. Marshall was much higher rated but didn't see what the fuss was about honestly.
The Dockers were very keen on him came over 3 or 4 times to see him and his family, he told them he was more than happy to be picked by anyone but would be finishing his schooling no matter what .

I fondly remember we had no answer to replacing Roo.

2013 Future forwards:
Stanley
White
Lee

2017 Future forwards:
McCartin
Bruce
Membrey
Battle
Marshall looked quite useful. And he can put ruck and defender on his résumé as well.

rc3f3k.jpg

I only just saw this pic now... is that not the most determined look ever on JB. love it
Funny how people view things differently... In this photo, for mine, the look on Billings face is like he has no ****ing idea what Richo is talking about

Interesting to see the Hun today; 2 and a bit pages on the Filth v the Injectors, articles on Eade's thoughts on zones and Viney as a captain, and a 3/4 page on Richmond's intraclub...

Saints nowhere to be seen... :huh:
Good. Out of sight, out of mind.

Keep it on the DL

Remove this Banner Ad

Intra Club Match - Replay up @ saints.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back