intro for west coast song

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it,
First bringing back the new old wings, then new gold emblem and new stadium and new flag and now a new club song.

I like that this group of players is making their own stamp on the team.

The culture is strong and it seems like they'll leave a very strong legacy. I enjoyed Hutchings leading the chant.

We are beginning to see these young guys that have grown up supporting the club their whole life. Guys like Hutchings, Jetta, Oscar Allen, Masten, Brander even etc. It means they want to play for the jumper. I love it.

Really like it not least because the change was player driven and it was clear they sang/chanted the song with more gusto than normal. Seemed a little clunky but I'm sure it'll get less so with a little more practice

This group of players is developing into something quite special

Also seems like I'm in the minority but I quite like the eagle head - much prefer it to a banner. The join the huddle standing thing got better traction at the Giants game than I remember it getting last year, there were very few people still sitting in my block

Yeah fan of the song. Big fan of not putting it to the members and nothing actually changing. It’s great that it was player driven. Who is the lead chanter? Did it seem that there was less “Woooos” in the song than normal too?

Fan of the eagle head, though there should still be a banner. We should have both.

Joining the huddle is good. Prefer just the standing thing. The pump up just before bounce is great with everyone whistling and cheering. I will say though it’s missing one last thing and that’s us, the members and fans doing the “Eeeeeeeeeaa-gles” chant whilst we are standing. Shouldn’t the cheer squad be initiating this? I feel this can’t come from the club. But boy oh boy it would be awesome if it happened every game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Join the huddle seems to be getting more and more traction each game. I was the first to stand up in my block and it didn’t take long for everyone to follow suit. At first I thought it was a bit silly and no one would get behind it, but now that everyone seems to be on board and making noise I’m loving it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Join the huddle seems to be getting more and more traction each game. I was the first to stand up in my block and it didn’t take long for everyone to follow suit. At first I thought it was a bit silly and no one would get behind it, but now that everyone seems to be on board and making noise I’m loving it.

That’s great to hear, I went to a game early last year and I was one of the only people standing up in my block, definitely felt a bit silly but at the same time didn’t really care. Hopefully more and more people start joining in, Optus stadium really is our fortress.

they need to tell people when to sit down half the people in my block still stand when they bounce the bloody ball

I like it.

Except I think the last line should be its own 2 liner 4 syllables each line like most of the rest: "Our will to win...will never die".

Disappointed that they havent changed up what happens when the team runs out. The fast paced beat in the build up is sick (I think Wolfmother?), but then when the players appear it abruptly cuts out and our slow, slow 80s song comes on.

I'm a man of antiquity, so would have preferred the traditional rendition.

However, I must say, I like the combative words of this new ballad!

It has to be “won’t”, not “will never”. You have to remember this isn’t a stand alone song, but an intro to the Eagles song. The new chant has to finish with three beats, because the fourth beat already exists (“we’re the”).

I’m trying to figure out how to convey this over text, so bear with me:

Sing the normal eagles song (We’re the eagles...) in your head, but count it in first.

1, 2, 3, We’re the Eagles is correct.
1, 2, 3, 4, We’re the Eagles isn’t, it’s off beat.

The beat of the Eagles song starts on the word “Eagles”, not on “We’re the”. It’s the same reason you can start the song with a long “we’re” (Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee’rrrrrrreeeeee the Eagles) and it’s fine, but you can’t do “We’re the Eeeeeeaaaaaaaaagleeeeeeees” because it throws the whole thing off.

Counting it in 1, 2, 3, 4 Eagles works.
1, 2, 3, 4, We’re the Eagles doesn’t.

Similarly, counting it in but replacing 1, 2, 3, 4 with words instead:
(1) (2) (3) (4)
Will win die we’re the Eagles.

The whole thing, with the beats bolded.

Born is pride from iso-lation our
For-tress built we cross the na-tion our
Col-ours share the west coast sky our
Will to win won’t die we’re the
Eagles...

Tl:dr The way it’s written is correct with the current song but yes, does look a bit odd when looked at as a seperate song. You may now hang shit on me for being a nerd.

Last edited:
It has to be “won’t”, not “will never”. You have to remember this isn’t a stand alone song, but an intro to the Eagles song. The new chant has to finish with three beats, because the fourth beat already exists (“we’re the”).

I’m trying to figure out how to convey this over text, so bear with me:

Sing the normal eagles song (We’re the eagles...) in your head, but count it in first.

1, 2, 3, We’re the Eagles is correct.
1, 2, 3, 4, We’re the Eagles isn’t, it’s off beat.

The beat of the Eagles song starts on the word “Eagles”, not on “We’re the”. It’s the same reason you can start the song with a long “we’re (Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee’rrrrrrreeeeee the Eagles) and it’s fine, but you can’t do “We’re the Eeeeeeaaaaaaaaagleeeeeeees” because it throws the whole thing off.

Counting it in 1, 2, 3, 4 Eagles works.
1, 2, 3, 4, We’re the Eagles doesn’t.

Similarly, counting it in but replacing 1, 2, 3, 4 with words instead:
(1) (2) (3) (4)
Will win die we’re the Eagles.

The whole thing, with the beats bolded.

Born is pride from iso-lation our
For-tress built we cross the na-tion our
Col-ours share the west coast sky our
Will to win won’t die we’re the
Eagles...

Tl:dr The way it’s written is correct with the current song but yes, does look a bit odd when looked at as a seperate song. You may now hang shit on me for being a nerd.

You’ve gone further into that than anyone wanted you too and I applaud you for it.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back