Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google cross fit games and you'll see. No technique, no programming, no science. It's a joke. Cross fit isn't about exercise, it's about marketing and charging a lot of money for crap.

I disagree with no technique. The first half hour of a WOD is usually spent on working on technique. And I think it actually works out quite cheap. I pay $40 for as many sessions a week as I want (usually 4 or 5). A PT charges $50 for a half hour session.

Whether you think it's crap or not the fact is that I have made enormous changes in my physique and fitness over the last year. I've probably made more progress in a year than the seveeral before that when I was working out on my own.

i do it. towel draped neatly over the bench. get water, come back promptly. i guess if people put their towel on a bench with barbell and weights, then drink bottle on another machine, and phone and earphones on another, that's too far

Started seeing some older women call dibs on two machines/bench at once. Place towel and water on one piece of equipment while using another. It does my head in.:confused:

I come from a small town and the cops own the local gym it was 50$ a years, it's shut at 9pm and if it's not shut as I found out they come in their cars and demand to know why I am still in it and why is it not shut? I learnt about respect that way, but I was only 16 myself. It was real old school, no air con or any of the gee whiz machines they have nowadays, mostly free weights and heaps of cool dudes who did their thing and swapped numbers for work.

Fast forward to living in central and my yuppie gym has some of Aussies baddest powerlifters.

These guys would arrive in their huge 4wds and walk into the gym each and every day like they had platinum diamond membership (and they might as well have they were built like a truck), sit on the park benches and eat from a large Tupperware container the size of my head.

Right after that or about the time their equally massive training partner would arrive and they would begin what I called the "walk of fame" where as they swaggered forward thru the gym they would stare directly ahead with the focus of a horny lion about the challenge someone who dares happen to be on that deadlift space they wanted.

The floor would shake as they drop 280kg or something after each and every rep with a mighty "oooooaaarrrrr! and many encouraging shouts from their group of about 5 guys.

I foolishly asked one if he did steroids and he happily said "of course" and I said why? to which he replied "cause natural is boring".

ANyways, I always found this gym interesting and the owner was awesome and now I'm at a snap 24 hour and it's as boring as bats$$t, people leave weights on every machine, piss all over the toilets, and the gym plays "Justin Bieber feat. some rapper" and the girls are nothing like central, but Im not exactly knock out either so whatever, just wanted to share.

I don't really have many complaints about gyms cause I don't even pay attention to anyone except people who say hi but on a plus tho, our gym manager is smokin and always has a cherry hello.

Weight belt, wrist straps, overloading bar, attempting to do bent over row with a completely rounded spine and rubber necking because he can't get he bar high enough
Surely natural selection should step in?

Three 'glamour' trainers running the rack and dropping each weight in a crowded gym

I moved house a few months ago and there's a gym within walking distance of my new place so I was pretty keen to check it out. It's pretty new, down by the water, looks like a nice little place so I was anticipating some attractive fellow members too. I was mildly excited.
First visit I assumed would be free or a they'd give me a trial membership or something. I told the chick I had just moved there and wanted to have a session before I signed up but I was pretty keen to get a membership (which I was). "No worries - just a casual visit then? That's $12." Fair enough.
"Have you used our (brand name I can't remember) equipment before? I can talk you through it if you like?" That's fine thanks, I'm happy to just use free weights today.
Anyway did a couple of exercises before realising the heaviest dumbbells they had were, at best, designed with juiced up teenagers in mind so I went back to ask if there was anything I needed to know before using the other special equipment. "Oh no, you'll figure it out". Right.
At some stage ended up back on one of the benches (three benches near the dumbbells, only me there, using one on the end). Soon after a bloke in about his 50s came up and started loudly doing some sort of circuit training. Was doing dips off the bench next to me with his legs facing me which was pretty annoying but I'm easy going so I just worked my sets around his circuit (I was doing dumbbell flys so needed a bit of space). He finished that circuit and then somehow became even more of a dick. His next round was pushups, sit-ups and some kind of stretch which he did all of in between my bench and his. It was difficult to mask the hatred falling out of my eyes. At this stage there was still another free bench... and pretty much the entire freaking gym floor anywhere else he could've used. It suddenly occurred to me that I had done enough flys so I moved to the cable cross over to do some tricep extensions (was one of those short machines, maybe a meter and a half wide with a pull up bar in between). Had done a couple of sets when the old w***er decided it was time for pull ups - I was still going with my exercises, he was actually brushing against me until I dropped my set and walked away. I gave him my best (and most sincere) "I want to stab you in the face" look which he acknowledged with the sort of half nod and smile you'd give to a friendly acquaintance.

I ended up signing up to the big old shed gym a couple of ks further down the road.

Now that I put this I writing it kind of sounds like the old dude was coming on to me. To date his interest remains unrequited.

Last edited:
I moved house a few months ago and there's a gym within walking distance of my new place so I was pretty keen to check it out. It's pretty new, down by the water, looks like a nice little place so I was anticipating some attractive fellow members too. I was mildly excited.
First visit I assumed would be free or a they'd give me a trial membership or something. I told the chick I had just moved there and wanted to have a session before I signed up but I was pretty keen to get a membership (which I was). "No worries - just a casual visit then? That's $12." Fair enough.
"Have you used our (brand name I can't remember) equipment before? I can talk you through it if you like?" That's fine thanks, I'm happy to just use free weights today.
Anyway did a couple of exercises before realising the heaviest dumbbells they had were, at best, designed with juiced up teenagers in mind so I went back to ask if there was anything I needed to know before using the other special equipment. "Oh no, you'll figure it out". Right.
At some stage ended up back on one of the benches (three benches near the dumbbells, only me there, using one on the end). Soon after a bloke in about his 50s came up and started loudly doing some sort of circuit training. Was doing dips off the bench next to me with his legs facing me which was pretty annoying but I'm easy going so I just worked my sets around his circuit (I was doing dumbbell flys so needed a bit of space). He finished that circuit and then somehow became even more of a dick. His next round was pushups, sit-ups and some kind of stretch which he did all of in between my bench and his. It was difficult to mask the hatred falling out of my eyes. At this stage there was still another free bench... and pretty much the entire freaking gym floor anywhere else he could've used. It suddenly occurred to me that I had done enough flys so I moved to the cable cross over to do some tricep extensions (was one of those short machines, maybe a meter and a half wide with a pull up bar in between). Had done a couple of sets when the old ****** decided it was time for pull ups - I was still going with my exercises, he was actually brushing against me until I dropped my set and walked away. I gave him my best (and most sincere) "I want to stab you in the face" look which he acknowledged with the sort of half nod and smile you'd give to a friendly acquaintance.

I ended up signing up to the big old shed gym a couple of ks further down the road.

Now that I put this I writing it kind of sounds like the old dude was coming on to me. To date his interest remains unrequited.
Sounds like almost every big name gym.

I regret leaving my shed gym run by a drug dealer. At least that had a good weights room

People who flex in the gym....surely that can be done at home
I don't care people getting in a quick flex in the mirror and am guilty of that. Those doing the whole lift the shirt / shorts, strike a pose and admire for > 5 seconds is 'leave it to you get home behaviour' for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care people getting in a quick flex in the mirror and am guilty of that. Those doing the whole lift the shirt / shorts, strike a pose and admire for > 5 seconds is 'leave it to you get home behaviour' for me.
The gym i go to is squeezer central, talkin shirts up abs out,exhaling into a mirror squeezers

Take satisfaction they're working towards blowing a disc.

i was doing these last night
Decline%20bench%20sit%20ups%201.JPG

decline%20bench%20sit%20ups%202.JPG

People who flex in the gym....surely that can be done at home

when doing seated cable pull backs last night the in gym tv showed the stereotypical gym guys. the sprinter on treadmill, the water guy (showed bloke skulling a large container of water).... i cracked up laughing.

i was doing these last night
Decline%20bench%20sit%20ups%201.JPG

decline%20bench%20sit%20ups%202.JPG

when doing seated cable pull backs last night the in gym tv showed the stereotypical gym guys. the sprinter on treadmill, the water guy (showed bloke skulling a large container of water).... i cracked up laughing.
Yeah, well given the chance I'd having been doing her last night too. Wait ...

Pump lasts about 2 hours. If you need to flex in the gym to see it, you're getting your pump wrong.

I am old and sad - never flexed in the gym ever. A lot of puny girlie men taking gym selfies of their imaginary lats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back