Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:

Watching Adelaide kick five goals in ten minutes against Richmond.They are a young inexperienced side who are being coached to attack and play on at all costs. It is a joy to watch.

Buckley will be taking notes on how to make sure a game of footy doesn't break out next week.
Been watching the game, very impressed and an enjoyable game at that

We held 2 top 5 sides to a combined total of 11 point losses over the past 2 weeks. His defensive work is second to none bucks.
Yep, we're playing the 2021 version of St Kilda watering the ground decades ago. With limited prospect of winning, we'll focus on "keepies off" defence. There's very little prospect we'll win too many games with our game plan, but we'll keep the scores low so we look competive.

There'll be a very large group of draft prospects at the end of this year, genuinely hoping they don't get drafted by us. This absolutely isn't helping us become a better side, either this year, or next.

Watching Adelaide kick five goals in ten minutes against Richmond.They are a young inexperienced side who are being coached to attack and play on at all costs. It is a joy to watch.

Buckley will be taking notes on how to make sure a game of footy doesn't break out next week.
Yep, we’ll definitely try and stop them kicking five goals in ten minutes.

Happy to mix things up now. Midseasn draft on Wednesday night, and no meaningful games until round 18 barring a fixture reshuffle. We don’t have any of our own picks so there’s no downside to going on a huge winning run even if we can’t make finals. Let’s get to playing some good, positive footy with De Goey playing in the middle with Adams back, Elliott up forward with McCreery and perhaps Stengle kicking goals. Go Pies!

Happy to mix things up now. Midseasn draft on Wednesday night, and no meaningful games until round 18 barring a fixture reshuffle. We don’t have any of our own picks so there’s no downside to going on a huge winning run even if we can’t make finals. Let’s get to playing some good, positive footy with De Goey playing in the middle with Adams back, Elliott up forward with McCreery and perhaps Stengle kicking goals. Go Pies!

Buckley's trying to save his job.. so no meaningful games until he's sacked I'm afraid.

Buckley picked the Madge at FF.. cause the position.. in a Buckley coached side.. is null and void.. never gets down there.. and if it does.. it's impossible to get your hands on the pill to snag a sausage roll anyhow. So why not place your worst at FF.

Thought it was a brilliant move by Buckley.. the Madge is our barometer re.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You go on and on about your graph. Mate, it’s not hard to plot a few points. Stick to the cooking, at least that’s mildly interesting.
Feel the need to make the point in the face of stubborn ignorance from an isolated cohort of those who seek to apologise for perennial under performance.

Yeah, we know.
Glad you're getting it - offer to shout you steak and chips if we win a flag within the next four years stands but my money is safe - at least while Buckley remains coach - I'm sure you'd be good company after several 🍺🍺🍺🍺

"... I think the overarching feeling in the sheds is that we're playing a brand that we are more confident in and more positive about than potentially a month ago or two months ago," Buckley said.

Really, Bucks?
Nathan - what do you mean?

Thanks mods for cleaning up the last few posts, and apologies to all for my contributions. I’m out of this thread now until there is an announcement.
Have fun.

There is no way graham Wright sat in the coaches box and thought “this looks good”. I only hope he listened to the commentary. Basically feeling sorry for us, and lamenting our ball movement. It was interesting to say the least.
Reckon he would of reached for the spew bag several times....

Buckley picked the Madge at FF.. cause the position.. in a Buckley coached side.. is null and void.. never gets down there.. and if it does.. it's impossible to get your hands on the pill to snag a sausage roll anyhow. So why not place your worst at FF.

Thought it was a brilliant move by Buckley.. the Madge is our barometer re.

Lets be fair, it worked once with Mihocek.....

Nafan must have put in an official complaint.
Seriously though, the mods do appear to frown on it, probably best not use it IMO.

Because it's insulting and as much as I don't like Nathan's coaching, it wouldn't help my argument to use it.

All it does is give the blind loyalists ammunition. Don't use it (or any insult), just use common sense facts would be my advice.

In fact insults are not needed because the debate is not really a debate anyway, the results and what we see should've put the argument to bed years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back