Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:
Say for hypothetical reasons.. I was a Buckley fan boy.. wouldn't I at least look at Buckley endorsing his best mates.. Harvey and Sanderson.. and not think for a minute.. that this is a very dangerous character flaw of Buckley.. overlooking good quality assistants to have his besties chew gum with him in the box.. on the selection table..

I mean.. how on earth would I get things done to the satisfaction and quality I want.. If I had my mate Spiro.. a dodgy plasterer.. do the plaster work in my homes?

Some of my besties on here are the walt the ot and the ****en Niiiiiiid maaaaan.. does that mean I have to employ them as my assistants.. **** no.. business is business.. if I think someone I don't necessarily get along with on here can do a better job than the walt the ot or the nid.. then I'll go with with them.. it's not about the 4 of us.. it's the 1 million that support this club.. they are the ones that matter the most. They are the one that run the show.. not 4 blokes waxing lyrical about spending end of season trips together on the blocks in Mykonos man.

Say for hypothetical reasons.. I was a Buckley fan boy.. wouldn't I at least look at Buckley endorsing his best mates.. Harvey and Sanderson.. and not think for a minute.. that this is a very dangerous character flaw of Buckley.. overlooking good quality assistants to have his besties chew gum with him in the box.. on the selection table..

I mean.. how on earth would I get things done to the satisfaction and quality I want.. If I had my mate Spiro.. a dodgy plasterer.. do the plaster work in my homes?

Bashing Buckley and a quick flex. I like your style

Every time is comes to contract year for Nathan Buckley, it's always something that has conspired against him and isnt his fault.
We have heard it all.

It's not his team of players.
Malthouse undermined him.
He didnt have good assistants.
He needed to let go of his control.
Salary cap has crippled him.

Absolutely gutless the lot of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm less worried about Buckley but disgusted by still having Robert Harvey in a position to teach ANYONE.... Buckley might be a poor matchday coach (which will soon cost him his job) but Harvey has been in some sort of midfield coach role for 10 years and we haven't developed a single 18 year old to even be AFL standard. --- No idea how bad Sanderson is as well but its ridiculous they give Buckley ANY leeway to hire his mates when they all consistently underperform......

Remember the two seasons we had Longmuire and Hocking...(not Buckleys mates but could actually coach)

I'm less worried about Buckley but disgusted by still having Robert Harvey in a position to teach ANYONE.... Buckley might be a poor matchday coach (which will soon cost him his job) but Harvey has been in some sort of midfield coach role for 10 years and we haven't developed a single 18 year old to even be AFL standard. --- No idea how bad Sanderson is as well but its ridiculous they give Buckley ANY leeway to hire his mates when they all consistently underperform......

Remember the two seasons we had Longmuire and Hocking...(not Buckleys mates but could actually coach)

Excuse the rant but there has been 0 players drafted who play midfield minutes consistently (not wing) since Buckley became coach.... I understand sidebottom and Pendlebury are good but someone should have stepped up next to them

He is finished, he has lost the playing group.

They refuse to play for him, their hearts are not in it.

They watched him treat Treloar, Stevo and Phillips badly with his comments re Treloar utterly disgusting.

Ask yourself, would you put in extra if Buckley was your boss at work?

Korda needs to act but I doubt they will, too many woke morons on our board who will lack the balls to make the hard and correct call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back