Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:

He is coaching to not get thrashed. Its fools gold and absolute garbage to watch. Our poor forwards are getting blasted but its not their fault the ball only goes down there when there are 10 defenders to cut things off. The first 3 quarters was putrid, the worst i have ever seen.
Yet another example of his selfishness. A couple of blow outs could be the end of him. Let's strangle the game until it's almost unrecognizable as Aussie Rules and let me lose bravely so I can hang onto my cozy coaching gig.

People who love Collingwood don’t call him that.
People who love Collingwood want the club to succeed, unlike you who want to hang to a debacle of a coach. How else can you keep barracking for him failure after failure. It is a disgrace to this once great club

I'm actually impressed by Bucks at the moment. He has put together a new emergency gameplan mid season, got the players onboard and executing it in a matter of weeks. It's ugly but necessary. If we get better at it in the second half of the year (which we should) and find a few more goals then we will start seeing some wins. Enough to avoid the spoon hopefully.

He's debuting and playing lots of kids, trying positional changes for players, all while avoiding blow outs. Dare I say it... Looks like good coaching to me at the moment, given where our list is at.

I still want him gone though.
Word! Post of the day!

He is coaching to not get thrashed. Its fools gold and absolute garbage to watch. Our poor forwards are getting blasted but its not their fault the ball only goes down there when there are 10 defenders to cut things off. The first 3 quarters was putrid, the worst i have ever seen.
Forwards? We’ve got Mihocek and a bunch of midfielders. I don’t see any natural forwards anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News.com.au Round 11 2021 - “it was first time Collingwood failed to kick a goal in the first half at the MCG in 116 years.”

Damn!
Wonder what record the team will break next week?

Will be a momentous occasion against St Kilda in a few weeks time. Bucks becomes the first person in AFL history to get to 500 games as a player/head coach without winning a premiership.

Should get a guard of honour by both teams.

Youre justifying mediocrity with coaches that are ten times the coach of Buckley.

A turds still a turd , even if its dressed with glitter.
Ah, so it wasn't the quality of insight then, rather seemingly it was one that you don't believe fits your narrative. Nothing like jumping on something that was literally 50/50.

What’s this bucks genius since 2017 bs. 2018 yes we played well, 2019 we played well for half a season, limped into the top 4 after a horrible second half, and flogged by GWS vfl team. 2020? Beat one top 8 team (eagles in final) after round 7. One…2021? Have beaten north… and Carlton… that’s now over 12 months of footy for one win against a top 8 team. Then ask yourself, how many games since 2019 have we played FOUR quarters of football? I could count them on one hand.

and as just pointed out, we are setting all time records for NOT scoring.

so this we’ve been good since 2017 bs needs to stop. 18months of good footy in 10 years?

People who love Collingwood want the club to succeed, unlike you who want to hang to a debacle of a coach. How else can you keep barracking for him failure after failure. It is a disgrace to this once great club
If the club chooses to part ways with him, I will accept that.

It’s the keyboard warriors who call him stupid names that I have an issue with.

If the club chooses to part ways with him, I will accept that.

It’s the keyboard warriors who call him stupid names that I have an issue with.
Which means your statement that you love the club more is a giant fib. You love the man more than the club. Whatever happens to the club you don't care as long as your man is the head coach.

I gave Buckley the benefit of the doubt until last year. Held him in high esteem as a great leader too, until the trade debacle. I now know it's all just an empty show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back